Gems + XP = Idea!

Menoch
By Menoch in Suggestions,
So I have been mulling over how to use XP in TFC. Skills and boosting them was a thought... though not necessarily a novel one, but check it out.... What if, each gem had an innate element, or essence if you will... Say for instance Ruby was fire, Jade was poison, diamond was life, Garnet was death, etc... Now every gem has the ability to hold XP (infused at a Geomancer's Workbench???) Chipped holds the least amount of XP, and is the weakest of it's gems powers, and Exquisite holds the most and is the most potent of its powers. You can craft wands out of the different woods. Use an ore to make the wands Spiral conductor (metal filament which wraps around the wand), and then top the wand off with a gem! Not a spell slinging sort? Add a gem to a sword pommel and you go from ranged effect to Melee. Add a gem to armor and gain protection... A great way to use XP. Every time the gem, wand, armor uses its effect (attack, heal, protect, etc...) it uses charges. Refill with XP orbs. How about elemental arrows? Shoot your buddy with a Diamond arrow of Life to heal him! Shoot a Zombie with a Diamond arrow of Life to Damage it! Pick off a Mob with a Jade arrow and watch a poison cloud erupt as it dies! Ooooh! I just got goose bumps... << Chipped Black Bronze Ruby Helm of Fire Warding... Flawless Blue Steel Garnet sword of Life Stealing... Exquisite Sequoia Diamond wand of Healing Rain... SHAZAM! Mix em up and get a signature look. so you stand apart from your buds on Server Play. Just an idea. PS: if this has already been thought of, I apologize. It's 1 am and I had to write this before I forgot! <<<<<<And it's already been thunk'd of. Just read it. O.o>>>>>
  • 90 replies