Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sting_Auer

Old Aquor Thread, please ignore.

195 posts in this topic

I am not sure if I want to do a poll. The problem with that is a lot of the players want the server to run for very long periods of time, which not only defeats the purpose of the server, which is to allow permanent large-scale teams, but also increases the costs of running the server, which isn't as important but is still a factor.

I run this server for the players, and I want to make the experience as fun and unique as possible. However, there may be some things I need to do contrary to what the playerbase wants if it is contrary to the goals of the server. I will most definitely take the player's concerns into consideration, and you are free to discuss this with me on the forums, in the server, or by sending and E-mail to [email protected].

I want to do what the players want, but I do need to go against it sometimes to maintain the point of the server.

I am not sure if I want to do a poll. The problem with that is a lot of the players want the server to run for very long periods of time, which not only defeats the purpose of the server, which is to allow permanent large-scale teams, but also increases the costs of running the server, which isn't as important but is still a factor.

I run this server for the players, and I want to make the experience as fun and unique as possible. However, there may be some things I need to do contrary to what the playerbase wants if it is contrary to the goals of the server. I will most definitely take the player's concerns into consideration, and you are free to discuss this with me on the forums, in the server, or by sending and E-mail to [email protected].

I want to do what the players want, but I do need to go against it sometimes to maintain the point of the server.

yes of course, but i ment like a poll for the time frame, like say 3-9 PM or 1-7 PM or somthing like that or 1-9 idk. but just so you get a personal comment about when players want to be on, and in what time frame. at least be able to make more then just four hours. becuase what if this is the only server some people play at all? what if because you only have it set to 4 hours. and they have nothing to do the rest of the day. OR, what if you loved a server with a time frame, but it took you four hours to do 2 or 3 little things, and then you couldn't play until the next day. you would be pretty sad about it too wouldn't you. try to feel a little empathy for other people playing this server. its great, fun, nice, and mostly pain free. so you do great with maintaining the server. i just feel like a lone voice here. because no one else say's anything, so maybe it is just me.

if no one else feels the way i do then i shall not say anymore. i will play this server, and come to terms with it :) with all the respect Sting_Auer.

The 3-9 is just ridiculous for my timezone on weekdays, please back it up a bit, maybe to 2-8 or so.

4 hours is too little regardless of the amount of people. When I play minecraft, it's all day long and four hours just seems like a crappy four hour shift at work where I don't get enough hours. Essentially, I feel like I'm getting short changed.

I'd be happy with 4 hours. In my timezone, onle get 2 hours or so.

I extended the uptime by one hour. Tomorrow I will make it start 1 hour earlier as well.

Thanks sting. I might be able to play before dark now!

C:

4 hours is too little regardless of the amount of people. When I play minecraft, it's all day long and four hours just seems like a crappy four hour shift at work where I don't get enough hours. Essentially, I feel like I'm getting short changed.

especially is you buy a subscription your only paying for 120 hours of play(a month) compaired to donating to a server with no lag and same advantages thats at least 6 or 8 hours(edit: a day). it does not make sence to buy a subscription for this server. im sorry but the reason i wont is because its not enough for my money. but that's just me though mind you.

I extended the uptime by one hour. Tomorrow I will make it start 1 hour earlier as well.

THANKS STING!!! your awesome man.

well i give congrats to you being home-schooled as it does help and makes day to day life easyer. i am not trying to be disrespectfull to you in ANY WAY, i think your server is good, But the only reason people are leaving this server during 7 your time zone. is because we didn't know what your time sone is. other wise i would be on all night. and so would Ultraboomer,

WHY NOT PUT IT TO A VOTE! i mean for real. why not listen to the people playing your server instead of making choices for them.

Vote would be stupid.

What if 3 people say really early, but don't all have the exact same time, and 2 people say really late, and match up there times. Then 2 peeps are happy while 3 aren't.

not what i ment, and yes it kinda is stupid after i thought about it.

In 66, the sapling thing is stupid. After a tree grows, the bottom block disappears and drops a sapling.

Server uptime has been adjusted again.

Server now runs from 2:00PM PST through 7:00PM PST. This is because at around 7:00PM PST, only 1 or 2 people are online. This defeats the purpose of the server, which is to allow most people to be online at around the same time.

-=+ Nov. 15, 2012: Server is offline for today. I apologize for the inconvenience. This is only for one day and will be back to normal running hours on Nov. 16.

Server appears to be down again. Two unannounced days so far... Oh well, hopefully tomorrow!

I have gotten my afternoons back though. And my sleep patterns.

ummmm, its up now

Edit: but no one is on though, it sucks

I have gotten my afternoons back though. And my sleep patterns.

Server is offline until Terrafirmacraft is updated for 1.4.2.

EDIT: SERVER NOW UPDATED!

I think he meant:

Server is offline until Terrafirmacraft is updated for 1.4.4.