Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sting_Auer

Old Aquor Thread, please ignore.

195 posts in this topic

Hello again! Been a while. Just checked up on TFC for the first time in months (its been nice to actually get some work done between 4-10pm here), but with finals closing in, I figured I needed to start procrastinating. How active is Aquor now, on the average day?

It's getting better after a quiet spell. We're nearing our normal traffic again.

I'm back!

Why is the server down?

Technical difficulties involving PlayerAPI being dumb. The server went up about a half hour later than normal.

World border has been expanded to ~5KM from spawn instead of ~3KM from spawn!

Server appears to be down, and there've been no posts here in a month... STING!!!! *shakes fist* If you're dead, I'm gonna kill you. It's summer and I've got villages to plunder -- where is this server?!

Oh, good, forums are back up.

Server is offline because of our air conditioning going out (causing dangerously high temperatures for electronics) followed by rolling brownouts because of a heat wave. Server will go back online once the brownouts have ceased.

Aquor is now back online with a brand new world and a spawn area under construction!

Same hours, but I am considering shortening them in one way or another to increase player density. There's pretty much always been a fair amount of players, but they would keep logging on when nobody else was on, prompting them to leave because nobody else is on, causing the next person to be alone and repeating the cycle.

EDIT: Server hours have been shortened, starting at 3:00PM PST and ending at 8:00PM PST. The server down runs for 5 hours instead of 7 hours per day.

The server now runs from 3:00PM PST to 8:00PM PST, a shortening of 2 hours of uptime (5 hours of uptime total).This is not an arbitrary change. For a while, the server would have 1 person join, then leave because nobody was on, and it would repeat many times throughout the day, making for an empty server for a large portion of the day. Decreasing the "window of opportunity" means that people are more likely to be on at the same time, meaning a greater community experience and more server action.Thank you for your time and cooperation, and please enjoy your stay in Aquor ^_^.

Sting, it also means that people will be less inclined to get on for such a small period of time.  Just about every server in the world except for yours (because it's limited uptime) has no choice but to deal with periods of time when no one wants to stay online for long.  The trick isn't to make them able to spend even less time on the server than they already are limited to.  The more you narrow it down, the more likely people are to think "Oh, I've only got three hours until shutdown.  I don't want to start on that new project tonight, I'll just wait to get on."  Seven hours sounds like a lot in theory, but the people who play on this server are here for the A) Community, and B) relative freedom.  You're trying to improve the community by diminishing freedom (in more ways than one, but that's not what this post is about), and I fear it's going to backfire.

I'll get by with five hours.  I have plenty of other things to do throughout the day.  I'm sure just about everyone else on the server could say the same.  But being confined to such a small window of time that you have to be on if you want to play...  Making sure you're on in time begins to sound like a chore.

I appreciate the feedback and concern, Billybob!

I have considered the possible drawbacks, and the time the server is up is not concrete and can be changed should the need arise. I am going to be doing a lot of experimentation with different things for the next few weeks - or possibly months - to decide on certain changes to the server to make it more fun and enjoyable for as many people as possible.

It's just great to be the first person attacked by multiple parties, and thieved from, with my bed broken, right before nightfall (stranding me thousands of blocks from home), when I've been doing nothing but helping people out and giving freebies. Which I'm pretty sure breaks rules 3 and 5 but whatever I'm leaving. Bye.

Sorry that upset you, Steev, but it is an anarchy server and leaving your stuff in plain sight is a good way to get robbed.  I do hope you decide to return, as it is a good community and you were a nice part of it.  It has been fun, and we didn't attack you for any reason other than that you had stuff we wanted.  That's how the game is played.  We waited until you were online and at your home, though perhaps stranding you the thousands of blocks away was inconsiderate.  At any rate, as Arrow put it in his sorrow after you left, "I thought if you got knocked over, you stood back up."  I really do hope you choose to return and build again, albeit a bit more defensively.

In regards to the rules you cited, the third is talking about verbal attacks.  That's why it mentions banter.  We made every effort to "not be jerks about it" in reference to rule five.  Made sure you were online and home, shot a few warning shots, and even saw you had armor.  The only further action we could have taken was alerting you of the attack or simply not attacking, neither of which would make for very good banditing.

So, in short, I hope you see why we did what we did and come back to Aquor.  Unless you want to go play on a server that has absolutely no PvP, this is the one with the best shot at defending yourself and certainly the best community in my experience.

The server is shutting down early today because of crashing issues. It will go back up at the normal time after today.The issue is expected to be a corrupted installation of Forge.

Aquor is awesome! I highly recommend checking it out, and joining one of the many growing settlements.

I finally find a TFC server and I'd get boned because I work during your uptime D: Why are there like absolutely 0 servers for this great mod pack?

I finally find a TFC server and I'd get boned because I work during your uptime D: Why are there like absolutely 0 servers for this great mod pack?

Oh no! I am very sorry that you are not able to play!

But fret not! We are considering launching a minigame-centric server that will run in the morningtime instead of the afternoon, and will feature such games as Zombie Survival, Archery, deathmatches, and more!

Whelp, the modem died at the location of the server.

Because the modem has worn out, the server will be offline while a replacement is installed. I apologize for the inconvenience.The ironic thing is that this happens just days after I fix the internal problems with the server and manage to boost performance and stop the crashes.

Server is back online with a new, faster router, and a new IP address!The new IP is: 50.161.199.18:12321

Ah... this one looked like it might be good. But it's open 11pm - 4am here.

I am very sorry that you will not be able to take part. Thank you for your consideration!

uh... all the better for all-night TFC sessions! If you can, please log on at least once, It's a hell of a good time.