Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redundantusage

Spawn Problem

29 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what others' experience is with this, but it seems that nine times out of ten when you first spawn on a server it's underground, suffocating to death. Nothing is more discouraging for me or for people new to the mod than to have to sit underground dying slowly with nothing to do about it, since spawn is protected. Could spawn be changed so that you have to spawn in air?

what build? Never had that problems in singleplayer.

I once spawned underground on a server but i don't know why exactly that happened.

Try to change seed, or regenerate world. Never had that problem in singleplayer, or multiplayer..

Or change spawn point with MCEdit, or some another stuff like this.

Now I remember back when new world height was implemented we were spawning in a cave at about hundred twenty height or so. There was three or four people at the moment. And fighting off zombies and such we clawed our way up to the surface. This was long before bioxx buffed stone hardness though.

I've had this happen on at least two different servers now. In fact, on one of the the servers, you could always tell if someone was logging on to the server for the first time because they would shortly afterward "suffocate in a wall." Believe that example was on build 55-57? Been a lot of updates so it's hard to keep track. That said, I post this now because the most recent example was when I spawned on a server running 59 and it took me the better part of two minutes to suffocate properly and start the game with half health and hunger. If I have to suffocate to join the server, at least let me suffocate faster. Thank you.

two minutes to suffocate sounds oddly realistic ;P

Never once had a spawn underground, id say its probably a problem with the server machine and its communication with the client.

Honestly, the real problem with spawn is that the server owner can not set the spawn location to try to fix any problem like this. Even if you use an editor to change the spawn point it gets changed back on the next restart by some hard-coded value.

keep in mind that 2 minutes real-life is VASTLY longer in terms of in-game time

oh I know that, was cracking a joke ;P

If we're going for realistic breathing mechanics, we should all get at least 30-60 seconds of breath time before Steve starts suffering health damage.

If we're going for realistic breathing mechanics, we should all get at least 30-60 seconds of breath time before Steve starts suffering health damage.

And this time depends on the heartbeat of Steve, if we're going for realistic. For example, when enemies are aroud Steve, it's heartbeat increases and the breath time reduces. Also the breath time depends on how much Steve has swum, the larger the distance swum, the shorter the time.

the... the R word! GAH, I can't take it!

*melts*

the... the R word! GAH, I can't take it!

*melts*

How can you melt so many times? This isn't realistic.

How can you melt so many times? This isn't realistic.

You have bested me good sir, I commend you.

You have bested me good sir, I commend you.

Thanks, other good sir.

He liquified then refroze, simple as that. Thats how you melt multiple times. As for how he survived every time, one must assume he is a gelatinous life form with a high metabolism to sustain its erratic movement and constant ability to recover from physical trauma.

He liquified then refroze, simple as that. Thats how you melt multiple times. As for how he survived every time, one must assume he is a gelatinous life form with a high metabolism to sustain its erratic movement and constant ability to recover from physical trauma.

But to make only the first step he needs a lot of energy.

And his brain can't survive after a melting process, because the neurons can't regenerate.

He needs his brain to write something sensible.

And his pc can't resist to 500 meltings.

he is an entirely differnt life form. I Insist that his brain must be able to regenerate from the process. as for energy necessary, I did mention the appetite, right? He eats little children that jump in puddles on the street. They just fall in every time and POOF, his body is good as new.

he is an entirely differnt life form.

Your reasoning can be true, but then why is he still free to walk everywhere. And why isn't he a prisoner of the CIA or NSA?

shape shifting means you are indistinguishable from another. Either that, or he works for them. DUN DUN DUUUUN

Either that, or he works for them. DUN DUN DUUUUN

ac...achatran can't m...make a similar thing, true ach?

ar...archatran can't m...make a similar thing, true arch?

No, of course not! Arch wouldn't do it...

In the other hand, i have my suspicions about achartan... <_<

No, of course not! Arch wouldn't do it...

In the other hand, i have my suspicions about Achartan... <_<

Who is Achartan? I only know achartran.

Who is Achartan? I only know achartran.

You, sir, seem to have edited the quote you made. Either that, or i edited my post. No one really knows... maybe BOTH happened.

*DUUUUUN... DUUUUUN... DU-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU(...)UUUUUN*

You, sir, seem to have edited the quote you made. Either that, or i edited my post. No one really knows... maybe BOTH happened.

*DUUUUUN... DUUUUUN... DU-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU(...)UUUUUN*

Look your post says ACHARTAN, mine, later says ACHARTRAN.

However I edited my first post to respect achartran.

EDIT: No one can write that name...and you capitalized the "a". (Melting guy arriving again)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0