Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Androyed

I found Douglas Fir!

39 posts in this topic

I'm playing on a server and I need some Douglas Fir saplings. I can't seem to find them. Does anyone have picture of a Douglas Fir tree, like the whole tree and not only some blocks (I can find those on the wiki myself).

What would also help if you can tell me at what coords you found the Douglas Fir. Was it near a mountain biome? Was it near other types of trees?

I'm using build 52e btw but I don't think that really matters.

Thanks in advance!

And the great mystery of the Douglas Fir has been resolved. I just downloaded B62, created a new world, and TADAAA! I spawned in a Douglas Fir forest.

Posted Image

I was kind of surprised by how they look like. They don't look like pine trees at all. That was kind of the look I was expecting. I think the size is awesome. I would love to see more big trees, but not huge trees. Like the size of willows. I know almost every tree has a "big" version with branches, but those are very rare.

I also am using 52e and scanned a 4k x 4k area with not 1 single DF tree. I thought it was just a bad seed but now I wonder.

I find Douglas Fir quite often. They look an awful lot like Vanilla pine trees.

If they are anything like normal Douglas Fir trees, you will find more of them to the north. (Farther from z=0)

I find Douglas Fir quite often. They look an awful lot like Vanilla pine trees.

If they are anything like normal Douglas Fir trees, you will find more of them to the north. (Farther from z=0)

is z=-10k or further okay?

Vanilla pine trees you say? Thanks for the tip!

is z=-10k or further okay?

Sorry, I don't know the exact numbers, but if I had to hazard a guess I would say between -10k and -15k

Sorry, I don't know the exact numbers, but if I had to hazard a guess I would say between -10k and -15k

And you would be quite right :P poles are at -20k Z and 20k Z, in 52e you normally spawn halfway between a pole and the ecuator.

I went from -8k to -15k and I found every single tree there is. Except Douglas Fir. I'm even punching some Spruce leaves because they look a little like Douglas Firs (at least I think so). At -14k/-15k the trees stop growing, so the only thing i can do is walk from east to west now.

Is it possible that some trees just won't appear in a world? Maybe Bioxx did this to annoy us ;p

Back on Dig Hiss Boom there were a lot. Even had a sapling of it (which never grew though)

You all know how much important is Hickory, true? Well, I spawned near a forest of hickory and douglas fir. The problem is that they're slow to chop down and they don't give you so much wood. It's like having a gold mine but without a pickaxe. Do you understand what I mean?

You all know how much important is Hickory, true? Well, I spawned near a forest of hickory and douglas fir. The problem is that they're slow to chop down and they don't give you so much wood. It's like having a gold mine but without a pickaxe. Do you understand what I mean?

More like, finding a gold vein and your pickaxes is about to break : but yeah, i understood

I am collecting saplings of every tree. So far I have 9 saplings from each tree... except for, you guessed it, Douglas Fir.

I am collecting saplings of every tree. So far I have 9 saplings from each tree... except for, you guessed it, Douglas Fir.

You are missing two more saplings, sir of the trees.

You are missing two more saplings, sir of the trees.

He said 9 from EACH, not 9 total. Also, aren't there 14 total sapling types?

He said 9 from EACH, not 9 total.

Oh, yes. However there are 2 other saplings that you can get only in creative.

Sorry, but why do you need Douglas Fir so bad?

Edit: I like how 4 people are hanging out in the thread about trees.

The dark Douglas Fir logs make a good looking building resource with lighter materials.

Maybe he is collecting them just to collect. Sometimes I make this.

Androyed should write an epic about this journey...

Androyed should write an epic about this journey...

And sell it for $20 to book.

It would be really boring book. I just sprint/boat from west to east finding trees, and when I see a new type of tree I punch the leaves until I have 9 saplings.

The reason? Well, why do we do anything in games? I was going to make a tree farm. Everyone is always mining but why not focus on one of the other great aspects TFC has to offer? And I'm sure some people will be happy with having all the trees near at hand. I could sell/trade (I play SMP) them for tools, food or other stuff I need.

Also, I like building.

Maybe he is collecting them just to collect.

And that.

I'm not really sure if I'm going to collect Sequioa and Kapok wood. I think not. It isn't worth it in my opinion. Sure, one tree gives a lot of wood, but I've done enough traveling for a while. I just want the stupid Douglas Fir so I can start my farm.

Man I really need to play this game multiplayer.

I could sell my services as a lumberjack! Or a stone cutter!

Man I really need to play this game multiplayer.

I could sell my services as a lumberjack! Or a stone cutter!

It's actually pretty fun. I've done this before on vanilla MC servers. I started a glass/smooth stone smelting buissiness. It's more profitable to just do what everyone does; mine. But I like doing things that you aren't really "meant" to do. And I'm just too lazy to progress through the stone/bronze/iron age.

If the fact that Douglas Fir saplings don't grow really is a bug, did someone report it to Bioxx already? And if not, how would I do that?

I have tried to grow some in Creative with TMI (I clicked day, then night, then day, etc, to progress in time). and it didn't work. The Pine and Willow saplings I planted did grow. This isn't really proof that the growth of Douglas Fir is bugged, I know, but I'm not sure how I can test this another way.

Might be the spawning of Douglas Fir is also bugged. Until someone shows me a picture of Douglas Fir in build 52e or up, I'm not convinced.

And if not, how would I do that?

Make a new topic about this in the support section.

Make a new topic about this in the support section.

Wolf, I saw that you have Douglas Fir in your B60 world in a thread in the Support section. Could you please post a screenshot of a Douglas Fir? Not only for proof, also because when I'm searching for it, it helps if I know what it looks like. Thanks in advance!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0