Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Timbob102

Gems and a Sacrificial Alter

19 posts in this topic

I think Bioxx should add a Sacrificial alter in which you can trade gems for resources that come from the Gods of Steveism (Monotheistic). It adds a way to get rid of gems for a far trade ie: chipped beryl = 10 clay.

Wanna know why this thread is gonna get a thread lock? Firstly, being gems something you find azarously, it's pretty unbalanced; secondly, this:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1214-religion/page__hl__religion__fromsearch__1

(The last post is what you should read, really...)

On the other hand, welcome to the forums, hope you search for things before posting next time :

I was partly to blame for that threadlock, dont get me started again please. :P

you can't see the posts anymore, they were deleted & I was reprimanded harshly.

I was partly to blame for that threadlock, dont get me started again please. :P

you can't see the posts anymore, they were deleted & I was reprimanded harshly.

Posted Image

I think Bioxx should add a Sacrificial alter in which you can trade gems for resources that come from the Gods of Steveism (Monotheistic). It adds a way to get rid of gems for a far trade ie: chipped beryl = 10 clay.

Religion is a bit of a tough subject, even a made up, in-game only religion. The problem is that there are so many different religions that if you do decide to implement it in a game, someone is going to be unhappy with it (even with made up religions, some people will say it's not taking religion seriously, others will not be happy with monotheism and want ploytheism, etc.). It is just too controversial of a topic, and TFC should avoid it at all costs, in my opinion. One of the things about minecraft though, is that you don't need religion to be coded into the game, you can create your own religion and make it take any form you want it to, so if you want to make a shrine to Dolly the god of sheep, go right ahead, nothing is stopping you, it just won't ever be coded into the game. Also, minecraft in general just isn't game that adds things to restrict you, as adding a religion would, it's a game where you can do pretty much whatever you damn well please, and we shouldn't change that.

Now, before this breaks out into an intense argument over religion, this thread should get locked :/

Posted Image

oh I'm basically intolerant of religion: somewhat in keeping with the concept that if you let people alone in their beliefs they may believe anything, much of it harmless but possibly harmful and toward a bad end. Like whats been going on with fundamentalists in the USA (and the creationist museum and the false manufactured controversy about evolution that doesn't exist at all in academia. In academia there is no controversy because its so well supported, yet these nuts fight proper education at every opportunity.)

My philosophy is to vociferously oppose religion (and other ideas that are either not testable or are demonstrably untrue) in all forms (all of them). I don't buy into the atheism-as-its-own-religion idea in the sense that its not really a position but the rejection of a concept until ample evidence is provided. (this doesn't necessarily translate into how supposed adherents to the concept actually treat it, if they turn it into a common value associated with an exclusive community with rules and expectations like this atheism plus thing that's been going around, that smacks of religion, and I reject that as well, but those groups don't speak for the concept of "atheism" as a whole, but rather their own specific social group that they have wrongfully tied to the concept)

The mods didn't like how I expressed that in response to the other thread. I was rather vicious.

oh I'm basically intolerant of religion: somewhat in keeping with the concept that if you let people alone in their beliefs they may believe anything, much of it harmless but possibly harmful and toward a bad end. Like whats been going on with fundamentalists in the USA (and the creationist museum and the false manufactured controversy about evolution that doesn't exist at all in academia. In academia there is no controversy because its so well supported, yet these nuts fight proper education at every opportunity.)

My philosophy is to vociferously oppose religion (and other ideas that are either not testable or are demonstrably untrue) in all forms (all of them). I don't buy into the atheism-as-its-own-religion idea in the sense that its not really a position but the rejection of a concept until ample evidence is provided. (this doesn't necessarily translate into how supposed adherents to the concept actually treat it, if they turn it into a common value associated with an exclusive community with rules and expectations like this atheism plus thing that's been going around, that smacks of religion, and I reject that as well, but those groups don't speak for the concept of "atheism" as a whole, but rather their own specific social group that they have wrongfully tied to the concept)

The mods didn't like how I expressed that in response to the other thread. I was rather vicious.

Not trying to start anything, but proving there is no God(s) is exactly as feasible as as proving there is one(or many)

Religion is as meaningless as atheism, people are unique some are OK, but getting caught up in prejudices is no different in one form than another, racism, sexism, homophobia, if you're forming an opinion based on what someone other than the very person you're talking to says you're not forming a valid opinion.

and now i need a new desk because i facedesked so hard

no, no, no, no, no, no, and no

do you have any idea how hard this idea's face got stomped into the pavement last time it was brought up?

yeah all that was left was an oily stain, as will be left of you...

p.s. my face right now

Not trying to start anything, but proving there is no God(s) is exactly as feasible as as proving there is one(or many)

Religion is as meaningless as atheism, people are unique some are OK, but getting caught up in prejudices is no different in one form than another, racism, sexism, homophobia, if you're forming an opinion based on what someone other than the very person you're talking to says you're not forming a valid opinion.

nobody has to prove there isnt one to reject the proposed options for want of evidence. (or inconsistencies, invald statements, or outright contradictions, in associated scriptures not to mention moral opposition to "recorded" commands of said deity ). these among several possible other reasons tend to form the basis of atheist rejection of god proposals. When you're done rejecting god proposals you're left with: "maybe something supernatural might exist, but I might as well act as if there isn't one because I cannot claim to know anything about it until it reliably and repeatably manifests itself on demand in a repeatable fashion for all to see"

You don't reject what you have no knowledge of.

Or rather, that is an immature response to ignorance, and one which should be avoided.

You don't reject what you have no knowledge of.

Or rather, that is an immature response to ignorance, and one which should be avoided.

would "not accept" work better for you? or would you have this turn into a semantic argument?

We cannot proactively claim that all possibly conceivable supernatural beings absolutely do not exist, but we can pick away at a claim once it has been made. If it is not verifiable, then we can not accept the proposed claim as valid. Most atheists are not the type to rely on faith as a basis of belief unless they have no choice as in "having faith that the universe will continue to operate in an expected and repeatable manner, allowing the scientific method to provide reliable a way to learn about the universe". It is hard to imagine how people who are faithbased would end up as atheists, except in cases where their family brought them up that way (or a totalitarian government was involved somehow)

While I would very much enjoy continuing this discussion, any replies to this should be made in the off topic section in a new post, I will treat further replies in this thread as an attempt to start a flame war and not respond. If I get out of hand on this topic in the suggestions forum I suspect the moderators will not be forgiving.

I get that bro its just something I made up as a little backing for the post. I didn't know we were talking about religion now?

I get that bro its just something I made up as a little backing for the post. I didn't know we were talking about religion now?

"sacrificial altar"

Ok, here's what I think. I personally am not religious, at all, I'm technically an atheist I guess, but I consider that not having a religion and not giving a general fuck about religion, I choose to ignore it all. But just because I'm not religious doesn't mean I don't think others can't be, I know I don't want them telling me what to believe and do, so why should I? If they think evolution isn't real, that's fine with me unless they want to push that belief on me, at which point I will issue a strong "fuck off" and be done with it. I don't see a reason to try to convert everyone to one view, because its not possible, just be happy with what you believe and let others believe what they want, unless they try to push it on you, then its not ok (for EITHER side, not just the religious side).

[To the staff] Sorry to have encouraged this whole thing along, maybe this should get a lock, before things get ugly :/

You suggested religion the moment you said altar and "Steveism" :/

Ok. Let's get the religious side of your suggestion out, so we can see if it stands a chance by itself.

It makes any kind of sense from a gameplay point of view? Nope, you are somehow converting a gem into something else with no procedure but "place the gem in an altar", and gems are as easy to obtain as "craft a sluice, grab some sand, place sluice, feed it the sand".

It is balanced? Nope, players get a reward for something they got randomly, with no costs other than those of the altar (which, even if it was made of 2 red steel anvils, 2 blue steel anvils, 2 blue steel water buckets and 3 red steel lava buckets, wouldn't be enough to balance the mechanic). They don't even have to work for the benefit, they just get gems and the items for this altar and they are done.

You see? It's a bad suggestion regardless of the religion arguement it started.

Oh, and BTW, you guys should really stop posting here. This arguement between Kotoroshinoto and Renadi really has no reasons to be here, please take it to the forum's messenger if you wish to continue, so we can avoid further problems and let this thread sink to the bottom (It will sink anyways, but if you guys stop posting, it will be much faster and won't require a thread lock)

argument? when I replied to him, I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that it was te same guy, didnt realize it until you pointed it out.

argument? when I replied to him, I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that it was te same guy, didnt realize it until you pointed it out.

It's just my automatic response when something appears to be out of place in a thread (in a negative way, i mean). I really don't check if it is in fact or not an argument, simply 'cause most of the times it is. Sorry for the mistake... :

It's just my automatic response when something appears to be out of place in a thread (in a negative way, i mean). I really don't check if it is in fact or not an argument, simply 'cause most of the times it is. Sorry for the mistake... :

its ok, people tend to assume that i'm trying to be an asshole if they dont hear my voice.

its ok, people tend to assume that i'm trying to be an asshole if they dont hear my voice.

Honestly, since i readed the last posts in the post i linked, yeah, i tend to assume it...

EDIT: even though i have seen some helpful posts from you...

Same. lol