Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Androyed

Winter in TFC

41 posts in this topic

I noticed that it never snows in TFC. Maybe it does if you go north, where the temperatures are below zero, but no one goes that far north. No trees grow there. Somehow in TFC snow and trees are related; trees don't exist in combination with snow. I think this is a pity. I would love to have snowfall in TFC winter. Snow slows you down, something I quite like. Snow can f*ck your crops up. Snow can make areas look totally different. Snow could cover up ravines and make "bridges" at the side of mountains. You would need to look out, otherwise you could fall to your death.

I know this sounds a lot like a suggestion, but I am not sure if it doesn't snow in TFC. I guess the rule is that if the temperature is below zero, it snows instead of rains. If the temperature drops at all in winter (never checked), it will never get below zero. Maybe at some points in the world, but not at a point where trees still grow.

A more diverse climate would be cool. The only way to live now is in the same moderate climate. Go too far south and you will only find barren plains. Go too far north and you will only find barren plains, but with snow on them.

It doesn't snow because of bugs.

It doesn't snow because of bugs.

Ah, I thought something like this was the case. That's why I didn't make this thread in the Suggestions section.

But to be sure; will it snow in winter when the bug is resolved, even in places where trees still grow (-15500 or lower)?

It isn't a bug, it is a choice. Forge currently doesn't support the changes to make it snow.

It isn't a bug, it is a choice. Forge currently doesn't support the changes to make it snow.

So it's a forced choice.

lmfao, it used to snow, the developer wants it to snow, it doesn't anymore, I'd think it could qualify as a bug, just one that is being ignored as nothing can be done of it.

What happened is... TFC became a mods folder mod. When it modified MC classes, we had that cool snow piles that slowed you down. now we can't due to forge not having the hooks for snow modifications :

It'd be cool if they implemented that "stacking" mechanic that was found in the game's code which makes it so as it snows 1/8 of a block is added on top of the first layer and successive layers over time, so that over time snow could gather in a spot that would limit at like 3 blocks high of snow, allowing people to get snowed in during the winter. Of course, there would also need to be a mechanic so that snow melts in the Spring.

The snow piles and stacking and such is built into vanilla and was to be the initial snow mechanism, but it made slow comps soil themselves so it was tonned down to a single layer.

Really it isn't a forced choice that snow doesn't work. Forge is open to pull and push the hooks required, all someone has to do is properly implement the hooks and throw it up. Well, its not quite that simple, but that the basics. If I knew the hooks needed and spent more than 20 hours codeing java in the last 6 years id do it.

As far as I know forge hasn't said they won't allow hooks for snow and weather, unless I missed something.

Snow would be a fantastic element to re-add to TFC if it were do-able. Also, shrub-land and bushes far north/south of a certain point (aka tundra).

I had snow just today. It slowed me down and was arrayed in drifts.

Cool. Last time that I saw snow in TFC was in a world (old world) that had the desert near the tundra. TFCBiomes didn't exist. Now that they exist, no snow for me, apart the first b60 world that spawned me in a pole! But the snow wasn't falling, there were only snow blocks everywhere, iced lakes ans oceans. Cool but not playable because there weren't trees.

I had snow just today. It slowed me down and was arrayed in drifts.

What release are you using ?

What are your coordinates ?

i badly want to see snow in TFC !!

What release are you using ?

What are your coordinates ?

i badly want to see snow in TFC !!

+Z or -Z is where you want to go. There is a point where the temperature gets low enough for it to be called "the poles", and there is a permanent snow layer there. Though, i think it doesn't snows there, actually. Just a really cold rain.

i don't know what you guys are saying i was playing 63 ish i think and i went to mine some ore and it started to snow on me. ugh if i knew it was that rare i would have gotten a pic felys :/

i don't know what you guys are saying i was playing 63 ish i think and i went to mine some ore and it started to snow on me. ugh if i knew it was that rare i would have gotten a pic felys :/

You, you are the chosen one!! You are the only one that can see the snow. Lucky!

Yes, you're very lucky ! Next time take some sreenshot ;)

You, you are the chosen one!! You are the only one that can see the snow. Lucky!

I need a proof that he actually did saw snow falling from the skies in TFC, and THEN i will accept he's the chosen one.

People also thought they saw Douglas Fir, while it didn't even exist.

People also thought they saw Douglas Fir, while it didn't even exist.

but there are images of it

but there are images of it

There are also images of the Loch Ness Monster ;)

I spawned in a douglas fir forest yesterday. It exists :

Thats like saying stick person doodle saying "I AM 21" and a government issued ID are equally valid forms of ID....

You're just jealous of my awesome ID

You're just jealous of my awesome ID

I certainly am :)

btw, how do you like your new profile?