Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Ores, ingots and duplication

31 posts in this topic

Is there still the problem with duplicating item? I managed to get an infinite amount of empty molds, does this happens with ingots too?

I found some zinc ores and hopped it will be enough for an ingot but turns out each ore filled only 0.1 of the mold. Is that a bug or the other ores are 10 : 1 ore ingot ration too?

There are plenty of bugs right now. If you are new to the mod and just want to try it out, go back to 1.3.2 and use build 52e. The 1.4.2 should start to smooth out in another couple of weeks.

The answer to your ore question can be found elsewhere in the forum or on the wiki. Make sure you search around a little here before you post... a lot of things have already come up and answers abound. And welcome to the forums!

About the ores, i can say you were just unlucky. The ore amount every piece fills up is random, both for the nuggets and the actual ores. You can need 10 pieces of ore to fill a mold, as well as 3.

Yeah, small ores are usually about 1/16 of an ingot and normals usually 1/8.

Yeah, thanks. Didn't notice the "small" in front of the ore name which explains it.

I played the mod about a 1-0.5 year ago and there was a lot of duplication bugs so it was hard to play fair. I did cause a duplication of molds, but I can't seem to repeat it, does anyone else is able to duplicate items? Maybe it's just very rare? Only molds maybe?

I just had a mould that took 21 nuggets to fill. So yep, it can vary a lot.

hah, when I first realized there was a difference I noticed that about half of my eighth normal ore was going to waste, so I decided to use 2 smalls thinking it would perfectly fit, I ended up needing, I think it was 6 of them?

Who wants to use the duplication bug as a cheat? It's like lying to yourself. But if you enjoy the duplication bugs (soon fixed) you can use NEI that gives you everything you want. Apart the moon of course.

Now there I'm further into the game and smelting.. EVERYTHING is duplicating it self: axes when cutting trees, ores when smelting, mold and maybe more, every time I'm creating something I have to choose if I want more for free. It's not about being honest to yourself but guiding the game to how it should work (no, now you should give me 3 not infinite), and since it's happens so frequently it's really annoying.

This really sounds like a bug on your end, I'd try a full reinstall...

(no, now you should give me 3 not infinite)

I didn't understand this part. However how can you duplicate things in this crazy way? Changed something in the code? Bought some bugs? NEI?

Have you updated to 64 yet? He fixed these... But don't forget to delete your configs and get the new forge (which means you will need to reinstall PlayerAPI too).

The bug works as follows: (same way it did back then)

Similar to items with more then max stack amount, you can duplicate them by right clicking them (and I guess the amount is now something like -1 or 256) and create how much you want.

for axes: when axe break while cutting a tree it remains in the inventory with full durability, and this new axe is infinite.

for molds and ores: when creating a mold or liquid ingot, I'm shift clicking it to get it but it still remains in the fire/forge, and again the new one seams to be infinite.

Also there this weird effect when you shift click stuff into fire/forge, the item mover into/out of the fire/forge but it also remains in the inventory, once you're trying to pick it up it disappears.

This is exactly the same bug that happens back then (0.5 year ago) and I did clean installation in both times.

This bug is critical and should be put as a high priority.

I don't get it... i don't experience anything like this. Everything is working just fine for me in B65.

Never had this happen to me.

Really weird :(

Maybe you just don't notice that, or maybe you don't use shift click as much as I do.

If you don't mind try checking from time to time if you didn't smelted an infinite stack (pick it and right click it on an empty slot).

As I said before I have clean installation and it happens both now and in an yearly version 0.5 year ago, so I'm sure it has to do with the mod it self.

Really weird :(

Maybe you just don't notice that, or maybe you don't use shift click as much as I do.

If you don't mind try checking from time to time if you didn't smelted an infinite stack (pick it an right click it on an empty slot).

As I said before I have clean installation and it happens both now and in an yearly version 0.5 year ago, so I'm sure it has to do with the mod it self.

I sometimes end screwing up due to how much i use shift -__- so i'm pretty sure it doesn't happens to me...

Yeah, if shift click works I use it exclusively, I've never had this problem.

I've had it LOOK like it happened, but if you go to use the other item it vanishes.

This is very unlikely something on the TFC side.

Yeah, if shift click works I use it exclusively, I've never had this problem.

I've had it LOOK like it happened, but if you go to use the other item it vanishes.

This is very unlikely something on the TFC side.

The vanishing effect is annoying as well, but sometime one doesn't vanish and it goes infinite.

Ok, so it's hard to notice when smelting, but what about the axes? When I'm cutting a tree with a low damage axe, sometimes the axe breaks, sometimes it breaks without even cutting the tree BUT sometimes it breaks and reaper with full damage and it's infinite (pick up and shift click it to create more).

So does it happen when you axe broke but stayed in the inventory?

... You have a laggy computer? maybe all your problems are due to high-as-hell doses of lag which the mod isn't made to face.

I had the axe bug a bit back, but it was never permenant, always had one use even though it looked like full health, you've got something weird going on. lol

I had the axe bug a bit back, but it was never permenant, always had one use even though it looked like full health, you've got something weird going on. lol

Me too, that bug is harassing. You're ready to kill a tree and ta-dah! you don't have a real axe. :P

Last change log:

"A ghost axe should no longer be left in your inventory when the axe runs out of durability."

Told ya the bug was real.

Now the forge/bloomery bug left.

... You have a laggy computer? maybe all your problems are due to high-as-hell doses of lag which the mod isn't made to face.

Nope. I have a very powerful computer and the bugs are real as you can see.

Last change log:

"A ghost axe should no longer be left in your inventory when the axe runs out of durability."

Told ya the bug was real.

Now the forge/bloomery bug left.

Nope. I have a very powerful computer and the bugs are real as you can see.

Then i'm just lucky that it never happened to me :