Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
prior philipp

Pottery

66 posts in this topic

And that's how a p.s. starts a thread derailing. I think we are getting more easily distract-able as we stay more time in this forums :

Hey, look, a butterfly in my window. What i was posting again?

Hey, look, a butterfly in my window. What i was posting again?

A detailed analysis of the derail potential of pennies versus dimes.

A detailed analysis of the derail potential of pennies versus dimes.

Oh yeah. Conclusion: Pennies are largely superior.

Oh yeah. Conclusion: Pennies are largely superior.

really? Cause my country stopped making them...

Do you have something like TNT? It's much better than small pennies! Derail-proof!

Do you have something like TNT? It's much better than small pennies! Derail-proof!

we got rid of them because the copper in them cost more than 1 cent.

Professor Dunk strikes again!

The already made ones didn't just dissapear, did they? :P

You need to try the molotov/nitroglycerine then. You don't derail, but you don't need copper.

The already made ones didn't just dissapear, did they? :P

No. What happened was they just stopped minting them. That is it. But now, when stores get pennies, they send them to banks who send them to the RCM (Royal Canadian Mint) to be melted down.

But I am pretty sure the copper in them DIDN'T cost more than one cent. They just cost more (1.8 cents per penny) to make. The copper in the newer pennies (in Canada, post-1996, and in the USA post-1982) the copper content is just a thin plating around the steel(in Canada, in the USA, is is zinc i believe). Try it, just scratch a penny and it will be silvery in side.

Before 1996, the coins were made of 98% Cu. This made them worth around 2.5 cents each. In the USA, they were made of 95% Cu before 1982. In the USA in 1982, they were copper plated zinc for one half of the month, and copper for the previous half.

Because of this, the USA and Canada placed a melt ban on nickels and pennies.

because my country is just a slight bit stupid, we just make our pennies out of zinc and plate them with copper now

because my country is just a slight bit stupid, we just make our pennies out of zinc and plate them with copper now

sounds like a recipe for brass :)

no ours are made from copper plated on steel, but copper is pretty damn expensive. American pennies cost more to produce than 1 cent USD too, but America is keeping them.

no ours are made from copper plated on steel, but copper is pretty damn expensive. American pennies cost more to produce than 1 cent USD too, but America is keeping them.

Because, people would freak out if we didnt have pennies, 'cause Americans are stubborn as all hell

Stupid*

hate to be a spelling nazi snoodles, but thats 'stubborn' is now how you spell 'stupid'

but yeah, we are kinda stubborn about things. detrimentally so

merrricaaaaa!

to be cereal once again, ill conclude

pottery should have diffrent qualities -> durations

depending on processing quality (oven, molding,how much you clean it, ....) and type of clay

placeable

tiles -> better heat properties (floor heating maybe -> cooler biomes), decoration

bricks should have better bloomery (metal could then cool faster in stone bloomeries, if the metal hardens, the bloomery block is lost and metal+cinder blocks in the chimney are created -> painfull process to seprate the 2) and forge properties, as well as a building material (much lighter) and again holds tempreture diffrences better

but to be actually balanced, clay needs to be much more abundant -> in my country, generations got/get their income from huge claypits

clay wasnt used because its a better buildingmaterial but because it was abundant shapeable and cheap

Having just 'alloyed' a 1987 penny in my bathroom sink using a kitchen oxyacetylene torch, I can definitely call this myth-

Posted Image

wtf i try to bring the track back on the train :P and you de train it again

wtf i try to bring the track back on the train :P and you de train it again

derail*

/Rookie Grammar Nazi

you seem to have failed to see my argument :P

you seem to have failed to see my argument :P

Oh, no, i understood your point. Its just that, well, this thread is pretty well as it was left after that post, dead, so why say anything else?

Having just 'alloyed' a 1987 penny in my bathroom sink using a kitchen oxyacetylene torch, I can definitely call this myth-

Posted Image

That is "technincally" illegal if you are in the USA By the way.. Anyway, care to post pics?

That is "technincally" illegal if you are in the USA By the way.. Anyway, care to post pics?

I don't think it's illegal, it just isn't legal as a coin anymore, I could be wrong though :/

EDIT: oh, no, it's illegal:

Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes,

falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the mints of

the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current

or are in actual use or circulation as money within the United States;

or whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or

sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings into

the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be altered,

defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified, scaled, or

lightened? Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than

five years, or both.

I don't think it's illegal, it just isn't legal as a coin anymore, I could be wrong though :/

EDIT: oh, no, it's illegal:

Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes,

falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the mints of

the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current

or are in actual use or circulation as money within the United States;

or whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or

sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings into

the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be altered,

defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified, scaled, or

lightened? Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than

five years, or both.

-shoves Eternal into secret cupboard under the sink-

its okay they'll never find him here

Lol come at me bro

The government gives 0 shits about my penny

Lol come at me bro

The government gives 0 shits about my penny

Yah, now, go sell the brass you got for more pennies, so you can make more brass, so you can get more pennies, and so on. Go like that and you will become rich :D (note: for extra government trolling, sell the brass to the Federal Reserve)

/troll science