Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
madflavius

[x32] [WIP] ELEUTHERIA (JohnSmith for TFC) [TFC 75] [v0.1.7 available 3-13-13!]

60 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Welcome to the Official Thread of madflavius's and yubyub96's JohnSmith for TFC texture pack!

----Acknowledgments----

This texture pack was originally created by the great JohnSmith over on the Minecraft Forums. He is a texture genius, and all credit for the design style and vanilla blocks goes to him.

Additionally, some of the TFC menu GUIs were created by BluPixal here on the TFC forums.

The Endermen skin comes from the Conquest texture pack, which is itself based on JohnSmith to some degree.

----Why another JohnSmith Pack?----

But madflav, someone else is doing a JohnSmith TFC pack!

Yes, please do check out BluPixal's fantastic port of JohnSmith on this very forum! The reason I'm doing my own variant of the same pack is simple: JohnSmith, from the beginning, has allowed its users to heavily customize the particular "flavor" of their own pack. The JohnSmith Customizer allows a wide variety of choices, from the use of different textures of stone to doors and torches. I simply want to offer another variant on the gorgeous original pack.

What differentiates your pack from BluPixal's, then?

A number of things! First, I have a slightly different style to the GUIs, all of which are done but for the metallurgy screen (however, I am always eager to hear comments about the work, and I can certainly be persuaded to modify "finished" parts!).

Secondly, I use a few non-John Smith elements in the pack, which I have been making for my sadly-still-Vanilla 1.3.2 server, Eleutheria. First, the skeletons are now "bandits" and use various human skins--yes, their legs and arms are gangly, but it fits better in the ancient/medieval aesthetic than do skeletons!

But here is what really separates these two packs: unique tools, ores, rocks, and trees. Rather than using a palette-swapped version of each tool, I am drawing each metal's tool uniquely to give each level a different feel. Each tool is further based (as far as is possible with 32x32 pixels!) off an actual historical find. For instance, the bronze axehead is based off a Minoan find; the copper ax is based off the historical copper ax found on the body of the Iceman (no, not Val Kilmer) mummy found in the Austrian Alps. This will take me a bit longer to finish, but I think it's worth it. The rocks, too, will have a custom geology in line with their actual appearance.

----Screenshots----

Here are some screenshots and comparisons for your viewing pleasure.

NEW 2/14/13! Marble brick, smooth marble, and dacite brick: a match made on Mt. Olympus!

Posted Image

NEW 2/14/13 Logpile, bellows, charcoal pile, and some brick textures!

Posted Image

Older Images

Be vewy quiet...I'm huntin' cows--with javelins!

Posted Image

Completed anvil texture.

Posted Image

A few of the new shovels. L to R, top row: Copper, bismuth, rose gold, black steel. L to R, bottom row: black bronze, bismuth bronze, steel, wrought iron.

Posted Image

Download Link

Please be aware that this is a WIP pack. I would appreciate any feedback so that I can make it the best JohnSmith conversion possible.

Download v0.1.7 (for Minecraft 1.4.6, TFC Build 75) (dropbox link)

Also, if you have any ideas about historical examples of the various metals for the tools or weapons, please let me know. I'd love to implement your suggestions!

Changelog

3/13/13 - v0.1.7 available for download! Changes:

• Added all metal axes and toolheads
  • Added native gold ore
  • Added gold ingot
  • Added limestone: raw, cobble, brick, smoothed, icon
  • Added granite: raw, cobble, brick, smoothed, icon
  • Added rock salt icon
  • Added zinc, iron chisel
  • Added red, yellow, green bell peppers (first draft, will be fixed)
2/14/13 - v0.1.6 available for download! Tons of changes and updates, mostly tools, which include:
  • Fixed off-center tools, toolheads (blue, red, black steel pickaxes; bismuth bronze pickaxe toolhead and pickaxe)
  • Added tin axe (and toolhead)
  • Added toolheads for stone axe, shovel, and hoe
  • Added all metal shovel toolheads
  • Added toolhead for iron axe
  • Added toolhead for copper axe
  • Added bismuth axe toolhead
  • Added new hickory door
  • Added new kapok door
  • Changed birch door
  • Added new (super sexy!) marble: raw, cobble, brick, smoothed, and icon
  • Added new dacite: raw, cobble, brick, smoothed, and icon
  • Added new chalk: raw, cobble, brick, smoothed, and icon
  • Added new siltstone: raw, cobble, brick, smoothed, and icon
And yubyub96's updates:
  • Added copper hoe (and toolhead)
  • Added stone knife, hammer (and toolheads)
  • Added tin axe, pickaxe (and toolheads)
  • Added bismuth axe (and toolhead)
  • Added zinc hoe (and toolhead)
  • Changed bronze hoe (and toolhead)
  • Added several new crops and fruit tree textures
2/10/13 - v0.1.5 available for download. Not as many changes as previous updates, still getting back into the swing of things:
  • added all pickaxes
  • added all pickaxe heads
Older Changes

12/6/12 - v0.1.4 available for download! Lots of changes and updates this time:

• added default door textures (missing before)
  • added default quern handstone (missing before, thanks bubba_h0tep!)
  • added default squash, green bean, soybean seeds (missing before, thanks bubba_h0tep!)
  • added missing growth stages of the various plants (missing before, thanks bubba_h0tep!)
  • added rock salt texture
  • added molten metal bloomery block
  • improved igneous stones textures to match RL stones
  • improved Douglas fir textures and some minor changes to others
  • made different textures for each dirt type, with new clay textures
  • new ores: malachite, nickel, cassiterite, native copper, hematite
  • made new saplings for chestnut, hickory, and sequoia
  • made metallurgy table
  • made logpiles look less red
  • improved several wood textures
  • added cooked egg, corn
12/5/12 - v0.1.3 available for download. Changes:
  • Food update! Orange, banana, red apple, green apple, potato, carrot, cherry, plum, peach, olive, all breads, onion all added.
11/29/12 - v0.1.2 available for download. Main change (besides updating to Build 69) is:
  • health, hunger, and thirst icons JohnSmithified!
11/19/12 - v0.1.1 available for download. Updates include:
  • logpile
  • scribing table
  • dirts, clay, sand, and dry grass
  • barley, rice, wheat, rye, carrots, and onions
  • metallurgy, calendar GUIs
  • quern
  • improved wood planks
  • bellows
  • charcoal block
  • many new rock textures
  • changed unfired, fired ceramic molds
  • all unshaped ingots
11/16/12 - v0.1.0 made available for download! Updates to v0.1.0 include:
  • All shovels for all tool metals completed.
  • Tool heads updated for finished tools (except for the shovels).
  • Firestarter finished.
  • Bloomery block updated.
  • (yubyub96) All logs, plank blocks, and wooden doors completed.
  • Fired and unfired ingot molds updated; I might end up changing this design, however.
  • Fixed the orientation of all tools and sprites--they were a few pixels off-center.
  • (yubyub96) Several of the rock blocks updated!
11/6/12 - v0.1.0 underway. Newly finished pieces include:
  • All bronze tools and weapons completed!
  • Copper Tools: Pick, Shovel, Axe
  • Red/Blue Steel buckets (may change depending on how I interpret red/blue steel in the tools themselves)
  • Gold pans (empty, sand-filled, gravel-filled) done
11/5/12 - Thread started! Since there isn't a release yet, I'll keep track of my updates and changes from here.

Hey, im also making an edit of johnsmith, along with blupixal, its good to see more people interested in johnsmith, i would like to see some of your tools and maybe use them on our edit?

just as you said blupixals version of rocks is not unique, i also fixed that and made my own set of rocks. if you want to see them i can send them to you by PM.

im glad theres people making johnsmith edits, i love johnsmith.

PS: WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

And on the seventh day he rested, having done very little in the six prior.

Hey, work has been done! :P I just haven't updated the changelog. Rest assured that progress abounds.

Dude you should inclued some screenshots of the pack in action, i can give some to you if you want

Haha, I will, sorry. I'm away from a Minecraft-capable computer right now, I'm definitely adding in a bunch of new images soon!

Magnificent! I am SO glad that I found this. This texture pack looks great! I love how it fits with the style of the mod so well. I can't wait to see it finished! ;)

HO MY GOD!!! im incredibly lucky, my hard drive were i kept minecraft failed and i lost everything, but thank god i gave you the TP updated before, i just shat my pants thinknig that i lost everything.

I like this texture pack, but I have one complaint which I'm assuming is a complaint with the base material perhaps, yellow flowers are blue...

I like this texture pack, but I have one complaint which I'm assuming is a complaint with the base material perhaps, yellow flowers are blue...

Ho yeah i can fix that but its because of CTM, i like them tough.

i made all the terrain textures yet madflavius hasnt updated yet.

I understand why you may not like that, renadi. Yubyub is right, it's because of CTM; JohnSmith vanilla uses it to great effect to randomize the default textures--you may notice that gravel has about four different textures it can pull from, thus giving it a varied appearance.

If you want to disable CTM for the flowers, all you need to do is go into the pack, navigate to the folder "ctm," and delete (or move, in case you want to return it later) the files "Terrain12.properties" and "Terrain13.properties." That will disable the randomizer for red and yellow flowers.

Ho yeah i can fix that but its because of CTM, i like them tough.

i made all the terrain textures yet madflavius hasnt updated yet.

The terrain textures aren't done, they're just placeholders using Blockheads. I know you asked permission, but I'm not going to use placeholders, it's sloppy and it is unfair to the other texture pack artists.

I will be putting up v0.1.1 later today, I've got a substantial portion of the sprites done. New screenshots will go up with the update.

The terrain textures aren't done, they're just placeholders using Blockheads. I know you asked permission, but I'm not going to use placeholders, it's sloppy and it is unfair to the other texture pack artists.

I will be putting up v0.1.1 later today, I've got a substantial portion of the sprites done. New screenshots will go up with the update.

I prefered to make a new thread with my textures, you can still use them but i will use that one to update them as i make them,feel free to add them to your pack whenever you want.

I don't know if you know, but the icon for the quern's handstone and a few seeds, i think green beans and soybeans, are missing. Just fyi, love the work so far, my favorite TP!

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll write that down on my list of things to tweak/fix for the next release! I'm glad you like the pack as well. :)

Also just noticed today, planted bell peppers (at last growth stage at least) have no graphic.

hey man, the download link say build 66, can you try to keep the links updated. thanks man, LOVE TO WORK!! definite bump and like

It is actually for Build 69, I just forgot to change the hyperlink. Fixed, and thanks!

Working on the food sprites now! If all goes well, a lot of them may be finished tonight. *crosses fingers*

As always, please let me know if anything doesn't work, or if you think a texture should be done differently. :)

the zombie texture is all mixed up, you got zombies with faces for butts lol

This is a wonderful texture pack and it works great. But I noticed that the fire animation isn't showing up on the fireplace. I'm not sure if I just screwed up the installation or if this is a overall glitch.

I'd greatly appreciate a reply if this is a glitch or something I can fix myself, thank you.

This is a wonderful texture pack and it works great. But I noticed that the fire animation isn't showing up on the fireplace. I'm not sure if I just screwed up the installation or if this is a overall glitch.

I'd greatly appreciate a reply if this is a glitch or something I can fix myself, thank you.

I'm glad you like it so far, Gargantuan! Have you installed OptiFine yet? If not, Minecraft won't display the custom animations (fire, water) properly, nor the custom colors or fonts. If you install OptiFine (or alternatively, MCPatcher, but I'm not sure if MCPatcher works with TFC...), it should work fine! Let me know, though. :)

Update to the Pack: Will be back to work on it Wednesday, got some more stuff to take care of in the next two days. Look forward to finished food textures and a lot more tools in the next update, as well as general fixes and tweaks.

I'm glad you like it so far, Gargantuan! Have you installed OptiFine yet? If not, Minecraft won't display the custom animations (fire, water) properly, nor the custom colors or fonts. If you install OptiFine (or alternatively, MCPatcher, but I'm not sure if MCPatcher works with TFC...), it should work fine! Let me know, though. :)

Update to the Pack: Will be back to work on it Wednesday, got some more stuff to take care of in the next two days. Look forward to finished food textures and a lot more tools in the next update, as well as general fixes and tweaks.

I do have Optifine and the following mods / versions.

Optifine_1.4.5_HD_D

Forge Mod Loader: 4.5.2.459

Minecraft Forge: 6.4.1.408

CodeChicken Core: 0.6.11

mod_GuiAPI: 0.15.1

Smart Moving: 1.0

Smart Render: 1.0

TFC Universal:_Core_B2_Build69

Could any of these be outdated or broken that's causing this problem?

Oh! I see, sorry, I misunderstood what you said about "fireplace." The firepit does not have a custom animation (yet), I haven't played with custom animations in JohnSmith yet. I hope to at some point, if they still work, and will hopefully add them for things like the firepit, bloomery, etc. Are you talking about the firepit?

Oh! I see, sorry, I misunderstood what you said about "fireplace." The firepit does not have a custom animation (yet), I haven't played with custom animations in JohnSmith yet. I hope to at some point, if they still work, and will hopefully add them for things like the firepit, bloomery, etc. Are you talking about the firepit?

Yes, I meant the firepit. It's my fault for mistaking the name, thanks for helping me and responding so quickly and I'm glad it wasn't some glitch caused by interfering mods.

//Off topic: Do you happen to know how you can change your character skin to x32?

//Off topic: Do you happen to know how you can change your character skin to x32?

So far as I know, you can't use 32x skins yet. The default character skin can be defined by the texture pack (and is in JohnSmith), but the skin repository on minecraft.net does not accept 32x skins yet. There has been talk of adding that in a subsequent vanilla update, but who knows? For now we're stuck with 16x skins (again, so far as I know). :(