Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
transcengopher

[B64] Animal breeding

12 posts in this topic

So, I've done some testing in regards of animal breeding both on b60 and b64.

First of, animal AI doesn't show any interest in grains except for wheet grain, although they can be bred with any grain type. This might be intentional.

Posted Image

Second, animals seem to spawn already mature, skipping child state completely. Spawning happens after a year after breeding done, not half a year as intended.

Third, which emerges from second issue, animals always spawn hungry and immediately begin to starve. This can be solved by itself, however. I don't know if it has something to do with my testing scheme (I add slightly less than a half of a year to the time using chat commands. That way birth happens "naturally".), but since animals always spawn after a year, I doubt it.

Fourth, animals sometimes spawn in ground or any blocks underneath the parent. If parent was in water (both vanilla and finite) while giving birth, chance for animals to get spawned in blocks seems to be lowered, but still not eliminated. Animals in blocks are not visible and seems to be invincible for attacks, although they still can starve. Bugged animals can eat grass and stop starve. They also can appear to become "ghost animals" as showed on pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Ghosts" don't appear to have a hitbox, so they can't be killed by player attacks. I didn't test natural hazards. "Ghosts" can starve.

Above-listed is not only bad for your household, but can be very annoying as you can't kill starving ghosts and bound to be haunted by their outcries until they they decide to leave.

Forge version 6.0.1.349

Player API version 1.1

Could the 'Ghost mobs/mobs in blocks' and the 'Skipping the child state' both be explained by the children being invisible, and 'It takes a year to spawn instead of half a year'? Or does 'Invincibility' ruin it?

Second, animals seem to spawn already mature, skipping child state completely. Spawning happens after a year after breeding done, not half a year as intended.

I remember when animals were still spawning in a child state...when the mod was separated from the texture.zip. Good old times!

If I remember correctly, child state was deleted because it was super bugged.

If I remember correctly, child state was deleted because it was super bugged.

I don't remember anything of the sort stated in change log.

Could the 'Ghost mobs/mobs in blocks' and the 'Skipping the child state' both be explained by the children being invisible, and 'It takes a year to spawn instead of half a year'? Or does 'Invincibility' ruin it?

Babies aren't invisible, there's no actual babies. Animals being in blocks making sounds and can be found and seen under certain circumstances.

Babies for sure weren't removed because I commonly see wild peaceful mobs that are much smaller than vanilla counterparts.

I don't remember anything of the sort stated in change log.

Look around b48. I remember that small animals existed.

Babies for sure weren't removed because I commonly see wild peaceful mobs that are much smaller than vanilla counterparts.

Those are mature mobs varying in size.

Look around b48. I remember that small animals existed.

I remember that babies existed. They are not anymore, it seems, and I can't find statement about their removal in change log. That is why it's an issue.

Those are mature mobs varying in size.

I remember that babies existed. They are not anymore, it seems, and I can't find statement about their removal in change log. That is why it's an issue.

Some of those bugs might be caused by your Forge version. use build 354+ as stated in the downloads page, the recomended link is outdated

Some of those bugs might be caused by your Forge version. use build 354+ as stated in the downloads page, the recomended link is outdated

Looks like this helped with ghost animals - they are no longer spawn in or fall in the blocks. But newborns are still spawning after a year, in mature state and starving to death.

No, babies should still be here. Did you skip the game time ahead to make them give birth? If you did, the code might have assumed that baby should have already been full grown after the year and immediately grew it when it spawned.

Did you skip the game time ahead to make them give birth?

Yes. But when I skip half a year, noone spawns.

And they still start starving rihgy away. I used the calendar in debug mode too. But I also change the day lenght to 48000 ticks and the year lenght to 72 days. Dunk, how those 2 varables affect the animal breeding?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0