Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dante80

[64x] [WIP][B69] Albion Texture Pack v3.02...C:

217 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info, I will check on it...^^

Ok, some more rocks done, here is a rough preview for them.

Posted Image

Have in mind that some of the blocks are not set in stone (pun intended :P), more work is needed. Any feedback is welcome, cheers...C:

Awesome, but, which is which? I guess basalt is the third and Gneiss is 12th... Marble is the last?

Well, from left to right:

Granite, Diorite, Basalt, Andesite, Dacite, Siltstone, Claystone, Conglomerate, Chert, Quartzite, Schist, Gneis, Marble.

Some have changed already (Basalt cobble to this, Rough Marble to that).

Couldn't be better.

Well, I guess it could, but I don't know how hehe

And a first attempt at matching planks with wooden doors.

Posted Image

And a first attempt at matching planks with wooden doors.

Posted Image

OOHHOHOHOHHHHHH! Nice.... I see you are adding more shading and trying to make them more 3D. Any idea when this TP will be available for download?

Thanks for the kind words. No idea really...this pack has a LOT of textures, and since I want to do sth more than just a hue shift with them it will definitely take some time until I can produce something decent. Today was my day off from work, and since the wife was...lets say conveniently far away for the day...I managed to put a good 8 hours to it.

Guess I could have a decent RC in about 20 more or so. C:

Thanks for the kind words. No idea really...this pack has a LOT of textures, and since I want to do sth more than just a hue shift with them it will definitely take some time until I can produce something decent. Today was my day off from work, and since the wife was...lets say conveniently far away for the day...I managed to put a good 8 hours to it.

Guess I could have a decent RC in about 20 more or so. C:

I don't really care WHEN this comes out. I am so happy to see you putting hard work and effort into this. That is all I need for now.

all i need to see is this guy geting thousands of dollors for this pack

all i need to see is this guy geting thousands of dollors for this pack

Quick where's the donate button?!

Aww, thanks guys. Let me quote a response from a similar question some time ago...

I do not wish to monetize my work ever. This is a hobby for me, not a way to make money or be popular. Albion and Deuteros are open community projects that rely on community feedback to grow and become better. Through this process, I become better too. I am having a great time working on them, and never even thought of using them as a means to make money (I could make money, the total download number for them exceeds 100k this last year). XD

Especially regarding ad.fly, I prefer to pay for premium photobucket and mediafire accounts so that users can view and download my projects freely, than to get paid for having teenagers with a lack of computer skills find out what exactly is a tracking cookie, a malware script or a malicious active X/javascript component (sadly, with the state of adf.fly's screening lately, that is the norm, not the exception). Posted Image

Having said that, if you reaaaaly want to support me, try the following: Posted Image

1. Go to Misa's project page and donate. She is a far better artist than I can ever be, her realistic pack was the main inspiration for me to start Albion, I'm still using mob and gui placeholders from her pack and she is currently without a job (I think). C:

2. Learn more and maybe contribute to the organization I spend a serious chunk of both my time (and health) many years now: DwB C:

Regards and best wishes, Dante80...^^

http://www.minecraft...20#entry8161709

you have decaded fan on your mc fourm post for the albion texture pack wanting it updated. told them that your where working on this with links to this thread. you might want to tell them your self though that you are working on this. again send this man money

TAKE MAH MONEY NAO!

Seriously, art like this should cost money!

WAY better than my attempt at porting over Misa's!

Hehe, thanks for the kind words guys...:D

Ok, started to work a little on the terrablocks 2 sheet and...shit, 23 sand textures? O_o

On the other hand, this gives me an idea about emulating differing pebble and coarse sand textures for some of them. You can find sand in beaches after all, and I think that you can dual purpose the block for deserts too (if you are careful that is). What do you think? Should I stick to fine grained sand or try to experiment a bit?

In other news, first dirt block completed (sort of, I keep coming back to it), made to fit with rock salt formations. Here is a preview,...22 more to go (lol)

Posted Image

Disregard the fugly "Savannah" grass, its a wip placeholder.

Hehe, thanks for the kind words guys... :D

Ok, started to work a little on the terrablocks 2 sheet and...shit, 23 sand textures? O_o

On the other hand, this gives me an idea about emulating differing pebble and coarse sand textures for some of them. You can find sand in beaches after all, and I think that you can dual purpose the block for deserts too (if you are careful that is). What do you think? Should I stick to fine grained sand or try to experiment a bit?

In other news, first dirt block completed (sort of, I keep coming back to it), made to fit with rock salt formations. Here is a preview,...22 more to go (lol)

Posted Image

Disregard the fugly "Savannah" grass, its a wip placeholder.

Go ahead and experiment dude! It's a WIP, and if anything goes wrong, you can just fix it. That is the point of a WIP really, to take different directions, and see which one works best.

agree see what works best for you and see what will and will not work

Well yes, of course. The main reason for hesitating is that in some biomes/environments gravel will be more difficult to spot in beaches. Will work on it.

Here a dirt preview for Chert.

Posted Image

Ok, some work done on the dirt blocks. I am not entirely content with the outcome in some of them, more work is needed. As always, any feedback is vastly appreciated...^^

Here is a preview. I may also have to redo the clay deposits on some of the lighter tiles so that you can identify the seam from long distances.

Posted Image

Thats enough for today because....

Posted Image

...I found this while testing textures, off to explore!...XD

Ok, some work done on the dirt blocks. I am not entirely content with the outcome in some of them, more work is needed. As always, any feedback is vastly appreciated...^^

Here is a preview. I may also have to redo the clay deposits on some of the lighter tiles so that you can identify the seam from long distances.

Posted Image

Posted Image

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!! Is that on RaiserCraft? If so that is OUR mine. The All-Seeing Eye would like if you don't disturb his and his forum group's mine. It would rather not use its rainbow eye powers on you. You are a great asset to the community.

What are the coords of that place? I might be wrong, but we made some structures like that in our ravine mine...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Impressive, as you said the lighter colors with clay need work. But is difficult to give an opinion without seeing them in situ. If you could post some screenshots of 'biomes' would be great

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!! Is that on RaiserCraft? If so that is OUR mine. The All-Seeing Eye would like if you don't disturb his and his forum group's mine. It would rather not use its rainbow eye powers on you. You are a great asset to the community.

What are the coords of that place? I might be wrong, but we made some structures like that in our ravine mine...

Hehe thats SSP. But truly, that dolomite cave system is huge!

Also, just found a Limonite cluster....bye bye bronze, but first...time to texture it lol...XD

Impressive, as you said the lighter colors with clay need work. But is difficult to give an opinion without seeing them in situ. If you could post some screenshots of 'biomes' would be great

You are right man. I will post some environmental pics in my next play session...

Hehe thats SSP. But truly, that dolomite cave system is huge!

Also found Limonite....time to texture it lol...XD

You are right man. I will post some environmental pics in my next play session...

XD Oh, ok sorry....

I love everything! This is litterally the first hd texture pack that's not 32x that I actually think fits in minecraft! It's amazing! I disagree on low quality, this is amazing!

I love the dirt!!

I think the clay kinda looks slapped on though. Maybe you could blend the clay in with the dirt. A couple ways to suggest:

Blur the layer of the clay so there aren't defined 'edges' between dirt and clay

Make the whole block a clay color with a little bit of dirt showing through

Thanks for the kind words. warfighter you are right, I have already changed the clay patterns to sth more natural looking...

Here are two variants I am currently working on for a "wet" clay deposit emulation.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thoughts?

I live near a source of 4 different colors of clay. I think the 2nd one looks more acurate. The first one just looks to jagged and embossed to be wet clay.