Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dante80

[64x] [WIP][B69] Albion Texture Pack v3.02...C:

217 posts in this topic

I really love this texture pack; you are doing a great job!

I have been working on piecing together some of your WIP posts into my game for personal use. Earlier I found a nice texture in your alternate textures pack that I think would be an excellent choice for the Protection Meter; it was labeled freeze block. I just desaturated it and modified the hue for each protection meter level.

Posted Image

Gotta looooove artists!

And WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

I really love this texture pack; you are doing a great job!

I have been working on piecing together some of your WIP posts into my game for personal use. Earlier I found a nice texture in your alternate textures pack that I think would be an excellent choice for the Protection Meter; it was labeled freeze block. I just desaturated it and modified the hue for each protection meter level.

Posted Image

Nice one man, I was looking to do sth similar with it. The texture you used for it comes from the Aether mod support pack I did a year ago, and was originally used as the freezer texture. C:

I will try a more or less same approach to the protection meter as you did, I think that the vanilla one looks too "high tech" for TFC...

Also, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS...:D

I will try a more or less same approach to the protection meter as you did, I think that the vanilla one looks too "high tech" for TFC...

Also, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS... :D

Agreed, it does seem very out of place. It looks more like something out of IndustrialCraft rather than tfc... I did like that texture for the crystalline look of that one as the protection meter is actually crafted with gems.

And thank you :)

I have to say, awesome work with this texture pack. As awesome as this texture pack looks, I do have 2 concerns. First, I don't know what to think about the "scaley" planks. They would look cool as roofing, but they don't look great as anything else. I think normal planks work well enough for roofs. Second, I am wondering if you have considered people using chisels to make slabs of stones that have been smoothed/bricked. I'm not sure how that would look. Just wanted to let you know about my concerns! I cannot wait to be able to use this! Release soon for "troubleshooting." Or whatever it is called when I stare in awe at a beautiful game of TFC.

I have to say, awesome work with this texture pack. As awesome as this texture pack looks, I do have 2 concerns. First, I don't know what to think about the "scaley" planks. They would look cool as roofing, but they don't look great as anything else. I think normal planks work well enough for roofs. Second, I am wondering if you have considered people using chisels to make slabs of stones that have been smoothed/bricked. I'm not sure how that would look. Just wanted to let you know about my concerns! I cannot wait to be able to use this! Release soon for "troubleshooting." Or whatever it is called when I stare in awe at a beautiful game of TFC.

Thanks for the feedback! The planks are changed already, will post a WIP pic soon. Although the idea had merit, you are right that the shingle pattern was too niche for other constructions.

Regarding the smooth counterparts, my main concern was to use them as roof and floor materials. I also tried to have the best compatibility with sculpting, but as you will find out, some stone types would be far more suited for making sculptures with them than others. That is intentional. Chiseling compatibility for creating construction slabs is high on all types atm, but have in mind that what you may have already done in vanilla may not look as intended in a decorative semi realistic texture pack. Part of the fun (at least in my seeds) will be utilizing the TP textures for new projects.

And a first pass on the anvils. Will have to make the shape shading next, just used a placeholder for that for the time being.

Posted Image

Just thought of one more thing. What about "button" rocks sitting on the ground? Any ideas?

All rocks sitting on the ground utilize the rough stone texture of their respective type. The dimensions of the rocks are random and hardcoded in the mod, but fortunately all the custom textures for rough stone are used. Also hardcoded is the breaking texture overlay for them. You cannot change the look of the rocks in the ground in a texture pack, just affect the base texture that they use.

I like the anvils so far. I will have to try and stick to one game long enough to make an anvil now though, lol.

Hehe I understand what you mean. Being playing this game since may or so, the most I ever got was bronze tools. Mostly due to exploring all the time...XD

A first draft for the protection meter. Tried to Make it look more like a magical block than an industrial meter. How does that look?

Posted Image

Can I have your babies..?

Hehe I understand what you mean. Being playing this game since may or so, the most I ever got was bronze tools. Mostly due to exploring all the time...XD

A first draft for the protection meter. Tried to Make it look more like a magical block than an industrial meter. How does that look?

Posted Image

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeee. :) It looks like one of those holograph things you find on Windows PC that says like Intel 13 Inside!!!!

But I love it.

EDIT: nice avatar ditto

nice avatar ditto

:"3 made it myself a while back

Also I love metallic branding stickers. I have a sexy NVidia one on my case.

Can I have your babies..?

If you can get past my for 18 years capoeira practicing wife, I think we could work out sth....XD

It looks like one of those holograph things you find on Windows PC that says like Intel 13 Inside!!!!

The concept was to make it a rough crystallite matrix embedded in stone to show the gem used to build it. I think it looks low tech enough up close, at least for the look I'm shooting for...C:

You are pumping out textures left and right. How much time do you spend working on these in a day?

About 2 or 3 hours in weekdays (any more and I get clobbered), and more on my days off. The last two days were slow at work though, so I managed to put some more time to it. Also, have in mind that this is based on an existing texture pack I was working on for almost 2 years, so I have enough materials to work with and adapt some of them for the mod.

For an example, the protection meter core texture was one of my first glowstone textures I used in Albion. And I made that texture more than 3 years ago, when I was a contractor for studio ludens (the developers of genetica).

And a first pass on the log pile texture.

Posted Image

I want to utilize it as a building material for rural areas, so the 2 tone log coloring is intentional. Not content with the grid yet, will have to work more on it.

But as a stopgap, it will do.

And a first pass on the log pile texture.

Posted Image

I want to utilize it as a building material for rural areas, so the 2 tone log coloring is intentional. Not content with the grid yet, will have to work more on it.

But as a stopgap, it will do.

Cool, the squared logs! Well done!

And a first pass on the firepit texture.

Posted Image

I...don't like it. Its very difficult to make a 3d believable image when the texture is extremely flat and it is not a block face. I think that I will have to revisit that soon, maybe the solution is to "dig down".

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Make the pit look like a pit instead of a pile of sticks.

I think I prefer the old planks. The new planks look like they have sides with an indent in the middle.

I think I prefer the old planks. The new planks look like they have sides with an indent in the middle.

They're useful for stumbling.

Posted Image

Ok guys, here is a RC0 release, mainly for bugfixing.

DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE

1. Have in mind that this is a semi-realistic fantasy TP using a higher than vanilla resolution. That means you have to install optifine for custom water, lava, animations etc, and you have to set optifine mipmapping to ON (preferably to 1 or 2). Not doing so can result in problems, especially due to the way the MC graphics engine renders textures at a distance.

2. This is a heavy WIP project. Expect current textures to be revisited, improved or changed. Also have in mind that most of the stuff are not in yet, this version is only for testing purposes.

3. Please share a screen-shot or two of your builds, so that we can see the textures in practice.

4. Report any bugs or other problems.

And most of all, any feedback would be vastly appreciated. Cheers...^^

Released! This is the most awesomelynessist thing ever.

YYYYYYYYEEESS!

Posted Image

Have a Ditto Seal of Approval!