Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dante80

[64x] [WIP][B69] Albion Texture Pack v3.02...C:

217 posts in this topic

Enable cheat codes then and use /give command. All IDs are in config files, all you need is to change damage.

to install NEI you must have nei and chickencodeloader in the coremods folder and forge too but forge in the mods folder, it works perfectly for me that way.

Doesn't forge have to be added to minecraft.jar first in order for the mods and coremods folder to even exist?

Tried this out for the first time Ingame. It is AMAZING!!!

2 things that bother me though.

The sun and moon ARE GIGANTIC!!!

And sometimes, it is hard to see the block break thing on trees.

EDIT: Item Frames have no Texture...Please fix.

i kinda like the large sun and moon. now i am using optifine, latest as far as i know, but the version is as reads: OptiFine_1.4.2_HD_U_A7 and my issue is that i cannot see the custom skybox, and this upsets me greatly as i always go through the texture packs to see key things just incase i know i miss them in game. or am not getting them in game. and i would like to know how to fix this, i think this is what would tie it all in personally.

now for those that may have read my earlier post, i said the crosshair was missing, this was because i had the normal gui size, when i set it to auto, or large, then the crosshair came back no problem at all. so maybe it's my pc, maybe it's the texture pack. but i found a fix for it kinda, though i do prefer a normal size, the large works well.

the bricks all work great, especially when you file them down with the chisel and hammer. quite well so that it all just works so fluidly that i really just refuse to change my texture pack to something that includes some of the vanilla items, such as the spider eye. i will do with out that, and be forever happy with how it brings it all home. now all i need is the skyscape and i'll be happy till the next one comes out for this wip. er next iteration of the beta texture set.

i especially love how all the woods have their own door type and not just a recolor THANK YOU this also makes me more than thrilled to go into my servery and advocate the ever living hell out of it. it's perfect and i urge them to suffer with what very few things are missing, and enjoy, if not love what is so nicely included. though i will make an addendum to all my happy talk here.

i think that the blacker textures, or at least the ones that spawn naturally such as basalt should be a bit...grayer. only for the fact that torch light seems to be eaten up by all of the blackness of it all. either that or speckle it with some gray, and brown to liven it up just enough so that light "bounces" off of the block, if you'll accept the phrasing. as for the bricks i think they are well defined as they are, but small dots of sediment might look nice with it. not really a marbleization, but just..speckling, again, of some other "naturally" occurring minerals and such.

uhhh i think that's all i have for now. i really hope my comments help in some way shape or form. best of luck and please, please continue this perfect all in one use texture pack!

Thanks again for the feedback guys. Work is brutal this week, I will be able to have the next RC ready though by this weekend, together with 1.4.5 vMC full support too.

So I just wrote an entire long post with constructive criticism and my computer randomly restarted so I lost my entire post... I am determined though so I will write it again, but this time with no fluff as I am PISSED at my computer. :angry:

First off, your Anvils frankly do not look like metal IMO. The look like overly compensated coloration of a bad stone texture and would benefit from being more "Shiny & shit" ;). The bronze & red/blue steel HUES look good, but as I said, the textures do not look like metal.

Secondly, your stone textures. They look too awesome man, you need to work on that. LOL, In all seriousness the stone textures are one of my favorite things you have done so far. However there is a few things that bother me. I will go from top to bottom of THIS (http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/2388-64x-wipb66-tfc-albion-texture-pack-rc0c/page__view__findpost__p__35879) post. This is NOT IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE, just in order of the picture you posted.

1: Andesite Cobble. You did a great job on the different cobbles all looking like they have been "cobbled" without all looking the same with a few exceptions. The first is the Andesite. It looks bad. Like some one took small rocks, carved them into the shape of pizza slices and threw them into a vat of gray plaster to dry. The result is a very plastic, fake looking cobble that resembles a mutated raw stone more than cobble.

2: Mudstone Raw. I think you just over thought this one and put to much time into a texture that should be really simple. This result looks forced, plasterish, and fake. Mudstone in the default textures has a very nice look, just take a step back and you will do fine I think.

3: Mudstone Smoothed. I am having a hard time saying what I don't like about this other than it is not smooth, it looks like bricks, and its blurry.

4: Claystone Cobble. Out of all the textures, I dislike this one by far the most. It simply does NOT look like cobble, it looks like a close of photo of micro sand grains!

5: Conglomerate Cobble. I hate to even include this as this may be my favorite texture out of all these, but it doesnt look like cobble. it looks smoothed and polished like bricks, not like cobble.

6: Conglomerate Smooth. Bad Bad Bad BAD! I'd scrap this texture, use the bricks texture as the smooth, de-randomize the cobble a little and use it as the bricks, then make a entirely new cobble texture.

7: Chert Cobble. Same problem as the Claystone cobble.

8: Calk Smooth. Looks really... flat... and plastic :P

9: Phylite Cobble. This one is my second most disliked after the Claystone cobble. It looks like plastic Dino turds.

10: Marble Cobble. Last problem texture in the stone for me. Let me just say I LOVE the marble textures, they look really ornate just as they should. however, the cobble does not look cobbled. I think you just got carried away making the marble look really pretty and forgot to make the cobble look rough :)

PHEW! That's all for now. Sorry if I sounded rushed or frusterated, cause I was. Just not at you. I was determined to get you this feedback even though I didn't have the time after my stupid comp deleted the first post I made.

This is all personal opinion! take it or leave it and don't be afraid to as for clarification if needed. Let me end by say this texture pack is... well... a work of art :P

[. . .]

Next time, try not to sound like a complete jerk when you are offering constructive criticism.

Counter opinions:

Anvils are not shiny. They are not polished because it would be a waste of time. They are a work surface for searing hot metals and any shine would soon be lost.

• I do not see this problem...
  • Again I don't see this problem. It doesn't seem out of place to me or over-done.
  • I can see where 'blury' comes from. It's just the color fades on the individual bricks. As for it being bricks, that is the nature of the texture pack and several 'smooth' variations are like this in order to give each stone a very unique look and feel.
  • I agree mostly. It looks nice, but it looks like large-grain gravel, and doesn't look like something which is held together in a way as to build walls.
  • Maybe rough them up a bit, but overall I don't really see an issue here.
  • *Shrug* Looks fine to me. Same style as default smooth stones, just higher resolution with the new texture.
  • Chert cobble looks fine, it looks flatter than claystone cobble so it believable that there is mortar holding the rocks together.
  • Not seeing this.
  • Looks fine to me.
  • I like the marble cobble. This is one of those "direction of the texture pack" issues again.

I'm sorry, what the heck Ditto? why are you calling me a jerk? did you NOT see the part where I said:

"So I just wrote an entire long post with constructive criticism and my computer randomly restarted so I lost my entire post... I am determined though so I will write it again, but this time with no fluff as I am PISSED at my computer."

and:

"PHEW! That's all for now. Sorry if I sounded rushed or frusterated, cause I was. Just not at you. I was determined to get you this feedback even though I didn't have the time after my stupid comp deleted the first post I made."

Huh? I was simply trying to give this amazing artist some personal opinion on his texture pack because he ASKED for it.

...It looks bad...It simply does NOT look like cobble...Bad Bad Bad BAD!...It looks like plastic Dino turds.

Choose your words more carefully. If you are not able to remove your frustration from the tone of your post, then do not post until you are no longer frustrated.

Well, you have to admit the Phylite cobble does look like plastic Dino turds ;).

I was not trying to say ANYTHING in this texture pack has not had the proper effort into it. heck even if it was, it wouldn't matter. This is Dante's texturepack and he can do whatever he wants with it. I just wanted to point out a few textures that were below the par of the others IN MY HONEST OPINION.

I'm sorry for being frustrated.

Phyllite cobblestone looks like Dante's interpretation of rough-cut phyllite cobblestone.

Posted Image

You can see textures present in this professionally cut square of phyllite.

Another thing, even when I change my GUI size, the cross hair still doesn't come back.

Another thing, even when I change my GUI size, the cross hair still doesn't come back.

(may have quote failed, dunno yet.)

and that's what fixed it for me, now some stupid questions.

-are you using a working version of optifine or what ever hd fixer that works with all of this?

*yes: well then try re-adjusting some of the parameters you dont need the uber tiny, or the normal size. it seems you need the largest size available, as it seems to me that the cursor is just itty bitty.

*no:well shit i think that's yer issue o' person of the eye that sees all.

-er...well i guess it was just one question really. i havent found anything that would signify what the cursor would look like in any of the texture packs, mostly because i dont know what i am looking for. best of luck i really hope my dummy's answer helped you!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Onward to the suggestions...^^

First off, your Anvils frankly do not look like metal IMO. The look like overly compensated coloration of a bad stone texture and would benefit from being more "Shiny & shit" ;). The bronze & red/blue steel HUES look good, but as I said, the textures do not look like metal.

As I stated in the anvil post, the anvils are still WIP. I want to incorporate more shape shading to them, so that the wrap around the basic texture does works well with the vertical contours of the object itself. Now, regarding grain and roughness, the current gritty look is a result of some research done on ancient Sand casting and the history of anvils. To cut the long story short (I started in ancient Assyria and 2 hours later found myself inexplicably reading about the communist revolution in China and the Great Leap Forward furnace debacle) I tried to simulate the amount of impurities introduced in the metal using the limited technology TFC puts the player in, and also to show a difference in the working procedures as the tech moves forward. So sand casted base anvils evolve to iron cast rods welded together, then cemented steel and finally we have the exotic spring alloys of red and blue steel.

So..its a design decision, but still more work is needed...

Regarding the stones now. I tried to research two things, mainly how the rough texture of the stone type in question looks in real life and also how was the particular stone used in construction. The first one was easy to find, just a look around in geology.com suffices. Of course, trying to emulate the grain/texture in a ever repeating pattern of 1m sized blocks of 64x64 pixels is an exercise in futility and artistic compromise, so the results are definitely NOT ideal. Also, have in mind that I decided to use the vanilla mod hues in the stones, so that the look in the TP is more consistent with already existing vanilla builds.

Regarding cobble, as mentioned I tried to research how a particular stone fractures and how it was used as a construction material in antiquity. So some (not all, it was very difficult for some types like Andesite and Quartzite) cobble patterns are based of that. Lets go into specifics.

1: Andesite Cobble. You did a great job on the different cobbles all looking like they have been "cobbled" without all looking the same with a few exceptions. The first is the Andesite. It looks bad. Like some one took small rocks, carved them into the shape of pizza slices and threw them into a vat of gray plaster to dry. The result is a very plastic, fake looking cobble that resembles a mutated raw stone more than cobble.

You are right, this one bugs me too. I wanted to emulate the pattern of cracked Bush hammered andesite to the texture. The end result though looks weird, and it is really not compatible in construction with most other cobble types. Will work on it.

2: Mudstone Raw. I think you just over thought this one and put to much time into a texture that should be really simple. This result looks forced, plasterish, and fake. Mudstone in the default textures has a very nice look, just take a step back and you will do fine I think.

3: Mudstone Smoothed. I am having a hard time saying what I don't like about this other than it is not smooth, it looks like bricks, and its blurry.

The thing is, mudstone is not simple. Fissility and Lithification effects were incorporated into the base texture, and it was indeed difficult to make it work somehow. If you search this topic you will see me inquiring about the look of it some posts earlier, and got some good feedback. I think that after playing with it for a while, I am almost content with it, I may touch it in the future though, when I do the second pass on stone textures (I usually work in passes or RCs for most textures. I first make the texture, test it, save all its individual layers and masks in a PSD and if content with it move on. After using it in game for a while I come back to it and make the alterations to the layers in the PSD needed until I am satisfied. And sometimes, I may come back a third time to a texture if I feel its still off).

4: Claystone Cobble. Out of all the textures, I dislike this one by far the most. It simply does NOT look like cobble, it looks like a close of photo of micro sand grains!

Its a cobblestone repeating pattern of Clayite with no mortar. That is actually how it is supposed to look in construction, I understand though that its an acquired taste.

5: Conglomerate Cobble. I hate to even include this as this may be my favorite texture out of all these, but it doesnt look like cobble. it looks smoothed and polished like bricks, not like cobble.

Hehe, the grain in this is not polish, but Impact-induced surface hardening of the base conglomerate stone. I had a rough time trying to make the effect, and I can understand why the shading can look like polish. I am content with it atm.

6: Conglomerate Smooth. Bad Bad Bad BAD! I'd scrap this texture, use the bricks texture as the smooth, de-randomize the cobble a little and use it as the bricks, then make a entirely new cobble texture.

Why is it bad though? I think it looks very nice as flooring/ceiling material together with conglomerate bricks, and it is also very compatible with the chisel for sculpting (one solid piece that retains the grain and texture of the base rock).

7: Chert Cobble. Same problem as the Claystone cobble.

The look for it comes after some research on Middle Palaeolithic chert quarrying at Beit Allam and other places in Egypt. They used the aggregate produced as the result of grinding stone quarring for fence and wall materials, producing that distinctive look of heavy grained gravel. I may try to enlarge the pattern in the future to differentiate it from vanilla gravel, but I am using a new gravel texture in the next RC so it may not happen.

8: Calk Smooth. Looks really... flat... and plastic :P

It is supposed to look like that IRL though. Chalk is a porous white sedimentary rock based on Calcite. Here is an example of how the grain looks:

Posted Image

Given the fine grained actual texture of the stone, I don't know how to replicate it realistically without making the end result look flat. I may have to magnify the pores effect on it to make it more pronounced, or try to emulate the White Cliffs of Dover, thus changing cobble, bricks and smooth too.

9: Phylite Cobble. This one is my second most disliked after the Claystone cobble. It looks like plastic Dino turds.

Dino turds...XD

To tell you the truth, I actually like the current texture for it. It also meshes very well with the rough phyllite, making dungeon keeps very nice looking. I could always add a little noise to it though, making it more rough.

10: Marble Cobble. Last problem texture in the stone for me. Let me just say I LOVE the marble textures, they look really ornate just as they should. however, the cobble does not look cobbled. I think you just got carried away making the marble look really pretty and forgot to make the cobble look rough :)

Its a design choice, I don't want to see rough looking marble cobblestone. Ever. XD

It also helps when designing temples and other monuments, since both brick and smooth textures have less chiseling compatibility.

This must be a problem on your part man. Due to the fact that the cross hair lines are 1pixel wide each, when you change gui to small or normal then the program kills them due to resizing. Use a large or auto gui to aleviate that. Test is done on my standard resolution (1920x1200).

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming. Trust me its the only way to improve, and there is really no way for me to get offended by the tone or the words used. We want the same thing, to make this better! Cheers.. C:

Cool Dante, sorry for the shortness again. I was having a bad day. but I am having a much much better day today! :D all those reasons look good, looking forward to seeing more in the future

Cool Dante, sorry for the shortness again. I was having a bad day. but I am having a much much better day today! :D all those reasons look good, looking forward to seeing more in the future

i kinda see where you went with all that, and it was nice that it was to the point, as it was rather long haha. but i feel ya on most of that. though maybe not to the fullest extent as you do, nor to all the things you do. but in some ways i see what ya mean. and i'm glad dante didnt flip his shit to be honest. it would have made me sad if he couldnt take that hard commenting even well, but hell he took it swimmingly. i will continue to keep this pack even in wip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

unrelated to quote.

|

V

also on a side note, i think the vanilla blocks need to be given a little attention, or something. cause jungle isnt showing up in my screen. dunno if it isnt done or if it is farm-able in tfc, but we have it in my village, and i am a little sad i cant see it. otherwise keep it up, and yer right when i bumped my gui size to a larger form it worked like a charm, as i told another user earlier.

Ok, its out....added full 1.4.5 support and some more work done on TFC...^^

ALBION v3.00 ~ Kenget Flavor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1. Have in mind that the amount of work needed to update this from 1,9,3 beta was a lot. Thus, I am not anywhere near done, expect revisiting most of the new textures (especially those that have placeholders in them).

2. As always, use McPatcher of Optifine for HD texture packs. I prefer the latter due to its mipmapping ability, but either will do.

3. I decided to do the Kenget variant first, next comes the Kantos one.

As always, any and every feedback is vastly appreciated! Salutations from sunny Greece, Dante80 C:

Ok, its out....added full 1.4.5 support and some more work done on TFC...^^

ALBION v3.00 ~ Kenget Flavor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1. Have in mind that the amount of work needed to update this from 1,9,3 beta was a lot. Thus, I am not anywhere near done, expect revisiting most of the new textures (especially those that have placeholders in them).

2. As always, use McPatcher of Optifine for HD texture packs. I prefer the latter due to its mipmapping ability, but either will do.

3. I decided to do the Kenget variant first, next comes the Kantos one.

As always, any and every feedback is vastly appreciated! Salutations from sunny Greece, Dante80 C:

Impressive! I will have to increase the size of my house just to hang those paintings!

Next RC is up.

Changelog

Fixed compatibility with [b69]

First pass on all GUIs finished

Some tilling fixing in terrarocks

Started work on some items : red and blue steel buckets, javelin, all single ingots, all door sprites.

DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE

As always, any and every feedback is vastly appreciated. Cheers...^^

Wow Dante you're the one that cares more of his texture here.

Looks great I just got my server updated to B69. I love the new GUIs however the Bloomery GUI texture isn't updated to reflect the new B67,68,69 style.

This was the GUI bioxx posted in the changelogs.

http://i.imgur.com/baAJ6.png?1

Seriously Dante, this is THE best texture pack I have ever seen. period. Screw Misa's, this is way better. The fact that you're doing it for TFC too? I am just really grateful to you for making this awesome piece of art. I'm not sure how you managed to make every single texture just the way I think it should look, but you did. The make or break part of a tex pack to me is the mobs however. It's the biggest reason why I don't use misa, I can't stand the sheep or cows (Love the piggies though <3). Be really carefull with all the mobs, hostile and friendly! :)

Thanks for the bloomery update. Found something else, the HUD icons for the tool modes of the chisel and hoe are missing.