Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dante80

[64x] [WIP][B69] Albion Texture Pack v3.02...C:

217 posts in this topic

Thanks for the bloomery update. Found something else, the HUD icons for the tool modes of the chisel and hoe are missing.

Dante, just to let you know these sprites where added onto the icons.png so you know where to find it.

EDIT: I really hope you don't mind me doing this but I went ahead and made them.

Posted Image

Also I would like to add that your texture pack looks much better with the default foliage and grass colors. I like your choice for the water's color though.

vanilla or tfc this is one of the finest texture packs. all the way around it's lovely to look at. though i agree with the mob comment. i would personally love to see the creeper to be something reminiscent of vond doomcraft's style, same for the slimes for that matter. personally i will still use this pack for the scenery either way but i would absolutely love some gruesome and not so cartoony looking mobs for once from a truly epic texture pack. but so far though i happen to like everything set up thus far please, please keep up the godly work.

Thanks for the kind words guys, and RO thanks for the icons.png. I also forgot to put that in, your version looks glorious...XD

Regarding mobs, the current used are placeholders until I get around to working on them (I keep putting this off, mainly due to frustration with the texture map/grid for some of those).

More screenshots from our new project, still not finished sadly but making great progress. (the underground base got scrapped because the bloomeries don't work right near bedrock for some unknown reason).

*Huge Image Warning*

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I love this texture pack.

Ummm... your moon phases are off...

Here's default

Posted Image

And here is yours

Posted Image

Necrobard, those screenshots look absolutely stunning man!

RO, nice catch! I went over to the psd and saw that some of the images were indeed flipped. Will provide a fix for that asap.

I updated the icons.png image

Posted Image

this one worked, but it ate my crosshair and turned it into a bit of the health bar instead. i think it was done in an incorrect format maybe? but otherwise, when are you able to put out a full on update dante? i've been looking forward to it for a while, also i would absolutely love to see some more variety in the doors. i know it's a pain in the ass to make unique ones for each wood. but it would make me happy as an internal decorator versus an external.

the crosshair glitch is probably due to him not updating yet...the icons.png is separate from the crosshair..

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, RL has caught up with me and work in the hoppy is savage atm. Will produce something as soon as possible.

Regarding compatibility changes, do we have anything else needing update or renaming other than the icons.png?

the crosshair glitch is probably due to him not updating yet...the icons.png is separate from the crosshair..

ah i'm sorry it didnt change till i changed the icon but then again i also did the update. didnt know that it wasnt a part of that bit. it just shared some bits to it so i assumed it was. seeing as how the icons are acting up a little. but thanks for tell in me. where is the crosshair located any how?

where is the crosshair located any how?

you know that is a good question...IDK

I assumed it was part of gui.png..but I could be wrong...

(since it is white to find it you need to load the picture over a black background.)

It's the upper left hand corner of the guiicons.png

ahh ok so his icon update for dante's pack could have mistakenly been the "breaking" factor? no offense intended, just so i know if i ever do my own i'll know it for later.

oh i remember an issue i had with possible the texture pack. food prep blocks. when you set down your food into the prep squares, steaks dont show up, and pork shows up as something similar looking to peas, or it's telling me i can make a meal if i have a bowl ready. maybe this is one of those sprite texture or icon(non gui of course) related errors.

i was also thinking that the scribing table to me looks a bit more like a work bench than a work bench does. the work bench looks more like an ornate wooden block, i was thinking if you were going to update it dante, maybe something of a little mini desk with a pseudo tool rack set on it with pliers, or some other tools that wouldnt be normally made. like a lathe i spose. and if you were to put two together with a connected textures modifier in the game such as optifine, then it would give you a desk with drawers on either side with tools splayed across the top of the surface of the work area if possible?

and with mentioning of optifine, is it just me or does it break custom skies? i like the sun and moon, and i dont mind the incorrect moon phases right now mostly because it doesnt seem to effect the mod any. not like thaumcraft might be. and i was wondering if there was a fix for that and if we could have custom skies put into the pack. i have a plethora of skyline pictures if you want random ones. though they were made with my dslr and would need to be down graded in terms of resolution i spose. but if you want them let me know i will send you them through email, or try to upload a smaller version of them here. i happen to love custom skies, they help to put me into another world.

and one last thing i guess. the glass doesnt seem to be working in connected textures as of yet. and i know this is still wip, but is that due to a connected form not being available in the pack or is it due to optifine having errors? i use it mostly for glass, seeing as i make a lot of underwater structures, and i use a lot of glass it would be nice to not see all the faces of the glass when i want to see something a bit...smoother? and in the end speaking of glass, will there be a pack customizer similar to how johnsmith has one? so we can decide which form of glass we like? i liked how it was before, but the current is nice either way. i think it would make me mostly happy, but i like to imagine others think like me also.

keep up the great work dante, i along with many i'm sure appreciate your hard work on this pack!

Ok, next update is up...^^

Changelog v3.10

Added Kantos Flavor. More work to be done still, ideally the two variants will be much more distinct in the future.

Terrafirmacraft update, compatibility for build 72.

Tweaks in some of the gui panels.

Retouched the foliage and grass gradients to make the variants different.

Some new textures for Kantos.

Fixed moon phases.

Added new icons.png. Many thanks to Reactive Owl for this...^^

TFC: support beams textured.

This pack consists of two different variants, one light and royal, one dark and more sinister. They respectively try to emulate two different places in the game this pack is based on, namely the Khamulon dungeon and the Dji Kantos island of peace. Future updates will try to keep this theme, and also make the two variants more distinct, and more close to the game parts they try to emulate.

Kantos Albion v3.10

Light and royal, this suits creative players more

Posted Image

Download Kantos Albion v3.10 from Mediafire

Kenget Albion v3.10

Dark and sinister, this suits survival players more

Posted Image

Download Kenget Albion v3.10 from Mediafire

Items and Art

Posted Image

Posted Image

------------------------

i was also thinking that the scribing table to me looks a bit more like a work bench than a work bench does. the work bench looks more like an ornate wooden block, i was thinking if you were going to update it dante, maybe something of a little mini desk with a pseudo tool rack set on it with pliers, or some other tools that wouldnt be normally made. like a lathe i spose. and if you were to put two together with a connect...

The current work bench is intended to look this way. It both simulates an ornamental block found in the Dji Kantos area of the game this pack is based on, and also it is used both for function and decoration purposes. I don't think that I will change that for the time being, cheers...C:

oh i remember an issue i had with possible the texture pack. food prep blocks. when you set down your food into the prep squares, steaks dont show up, and pork shows up as something similar looking to peas, or it's telling me i can make a meal if i have a bowl ready. maybe this is one of those sprite texture or icon(non gui of course) related errors.

Hm, the reason for this may be that I have not touched yet the item sprite sheet for TFC. Since the sheet used is still 16x16 and the items derived from the items.png are in 64x64, I assume that they may produce some problems when inserted in the food prep screen. This will be fixed in the future...^^

Also, regarding the crosshair. It might have something to do with your gui size, I think that it vanishes when you put the gui size to small or medium. Not a TP problem, just a MC rendering one (I prefer my crosshair to be as discreet as possible, so the lines are 1x1 pixel wide. When resizing the gui to small or medium, MC tries to downscale the icons.png sheet, thus removing the crosshair. At least...I think that happens...XD

--------------------------------------

Next stop, CTM, ores and some mcpatcher features, its high time I got something done with them...also, some more work in TFC

Also, if anyone is interested, post some screenshots of your builds using the two variants. Most of the screenshots in the OP are obsolete, so some of them might go there with credits...same applies for anyone wanting to make a video while using Albion. C:

As always, any and every feedback is vastly appreciated. Cheers..^^

ok so I get it now the crosshair is part of the minecraft icons.png and not the TFC icons.png

The current work bench is intended to look this way. It both simulates an ornamental block found in the Dji Kantos area of the game this pack is based on, and also it is used both for function and decoration purposes. I don't think that I will change that for the time being, cheers...C:

Hm, the reason for this may be that I have not touched yet the item sprite sheet for TFC. Since the sheet used is still 16x16 and the items derived from the items.png are in 64x64, I assume that they may produce some problems when inserted in the food prep screen. This will be fixed in the future...^^

Also, regarding the crosshair. It might have something to do with your gui size, I think that it vanishes when you put the gui size to small or medium. Not a TP problem, just a MC rendering one (I prefer my crosshair to be as discreet as possible, so the lines are 1x1 pixel wide. When resizing the gui to small or medium, MC tries to downscale the icons.png sheet, thus removing the crosshair. At least...I think that happens...XD

first para: ahhh ok fair enough. i didnt play the game this derives from so i'll leave that to you then of course ^.^ not that my sole opinion would change this. just offering what it think to help.

second para: and it made a difference with the first one you set up in, but after i used owl's adjusted icon my crosshair was a bit of the health bar in the front and no matter the gui size it stayed the same. though one only slightly larger than the other. so really i dont think the gui size has a large portion to do with how it shows up, but rather the size of the crosshair image to begin with. then the gui scale takes into effect on whether it will be a larger or smaller version, give or take, of what's on the png file.

course i think i mostly re-iterated what you had put up there, but i'm a little delirious right now so i'll leave what i have down as i have it now.

edit: and then seeing what was posted above leads me to believe it was an issue with the texture pack and the mod all together. otherwise i honestly dont understand why i had a bit of health bar for a crosshair. unless i replaced the pngs incorrectly.

Could you perhaps provide a screenshot so that I can see how it looks? I cannot replicate the problem on my end atm. Also, does anyone else has this problem?

Could you perhaps provide a screenshot so that I can see how it looks? I cannot replicate the problem on my end atm. Also, does anyone else has this problem?

at this point honestly, i think i poorly replaced the icon file. so i'll tally it up to user failure. but now it's all fixed and better! and i love the kenget flavor man. that glass is just superb! the everything about it thus far has made me so very happy. i hope to get a server to use nothing but this pack, just for the sake of screen shots XD hahah like that would happen though right? but i will be entering some pics of my projects on a server in the kenget style of albion to show off how truly awesome it looks. oh oh also!

is there a way to eliminate the animated texture that shows up on glass? or to make it look many, many times more transparent that is one thing i have the hardest time finding, considering my particular building style... maybe a "patch" piece to the pack(s) for those few with similar likes please? if not i seem to be working with one of the best i've seen for now ^.^ please keep up the awesome work dante!

Thanks for the kind words guys...:3

is there a way to eliminate the animated texture that shows up on glass? or to make it look many, many times more transparent that is one thing i have the hardest time finding, considering my particular building style... maybe a "patch" piece to the pack(s) for those few with similar likes please? if not i seem to be working with one of the best i've seen for now ^.^ please keep up the awesome work dante!

Animated texture on glass? Hm, this might be an installation issue man on your part, both pack flavors do not have animated glass textures. Be sure to use optifine or MCpatcher to patch your game, this is an HD texture pack so minecraft does not fully support it without patching...If you can, post a screenshot with the problem you have, it might help identifying a way to fix it. Cheers...^^

Thanks for the kind words guys...:3

Animated texture on glass? Hm, this might be an installation issue man on your part, both pack flavors do not have animated glass textures. Be sure to use optifine or MCpatcher to patch your game, this is an HD texture pack so minecraft does not fully support it without patching...If you can, post a screenshot with the problem you have, it might help identifying a way to fix it. Cheers...^^

well it isnt an error, but if you put a dome of glass under water or have water adjacent the glass block rather than air you get an animated water texture on the view through the glass via the side where the air is adjacent the glass. i was wondering if there were a way to make the texture for that damn near invisible.

edit: so yeah not actually on the glass, but rather right next to the glass. as seen through it to be more candid.

I believe that is the fault of MC, including the patchers, automatically placing the flowing water/lava texture on the sides of water/lava blocks.