Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dante80

[64x] [WIP][B69] Albion Texture Pack v3.02...C:

217 posts in this topic

I'll go with it then, and see what I can do.

I'm having trouble with the mudstone block guys, need some feedback for it.

Posted Image

How does it look to you? My resources for it were the following:

http://people.csail....nd/mudstone.jpg

http://www.staithes-..._inclusions.jpg

http://upload.wikime...each_1_2006.JPG

I was content with the look of it and then I saw it next to this shale stone cliff and thought..."wait, that does not look like a rock you blockhead!"

Am I paranoid or did I overdo the "mud" part...?

You're paranoid. They are very different types of rock.

I may indeed be a little overreacting to it. Here is another picture for comparison, this time with gneis and conglomerate deposits.

Posted Image

btw....this cave system is EPIC!! I'm actually devastated that I found this in a creative test world and not in my main T_T

I may indeed be a little overreacting to it. Here is another picture for comparison, this time with gneis and conglomerate deposits.

Posted Image

btw....this cave system is EPIC!! I'm actually devastated that I found this in a creative test world and not in my main T_T

Agreed. They're not the silly sandworm holes we have in VANILLA. *scoffs..with his eye....lid*

How does it look to you? My resources for it were the following:

http://people.csail....nd/mudstone.jpg

http://www.staithes-..._inclusions.jpg

http://upload.wikime...each_1_2006.JPG

I was content with the look of it and then I saw it next to this shale stone cliff and thought..."wait, that does not look like a rock you blockhead!"

Am I paranoid or did I overdo the "mud" part...?

The first link looks more like soil than mudstone... Maybe its the resolution... The second is a good example and the third... well, it looks more an example of a kind of fracture.

http://webecoist.momtastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mudstone.jpg

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/bluerabbit/bluerabbit0603/bluerabbit060300004/337274-mudstone-formation-at-goblin-valley.jpg

http://www.discoveringfossils.co.uk/charmouth_green_ammonite_mudstone_member.jpg

Thanks for the source images. I'm pretty close to emulating the second variant you posted, just need to tone down the sediment patterns a little. It will come handy.

In other news, started working on a fine grained sand variant. It seems to fit most of the hues for colored sand in the mod, here is a preview of the current RC texture...

Posted Image

As always, any feedback is vastly appreciated, cheers!

Phew...ok, first pass on the rock textures is done. Here is a preview (click for a blown2x view).

Posted Image

I mainly used Wikipedia together with geology.com for resources and then worked on genetica, repper, CS3 and filterforge to produce the actual textures.

There were two actual restrictions in making them. I wanted to keep the vanilla mod rock hues as intact as possible, so that it is easy for players to use the texture in existing builds/worlds where they have already constructed a lot of stuff. And secondly, each derivative (scavenged, mined, chiseled or smoothed) texture should be emulated as such, a derivative.

Thus, cobblestone is emulated as the unrefined, first tier derivative used for primitive walls and rock piles, stone bricks show an advancement in technology and building expertise and are mainly used for vertical building and smooth stone tries to be compatible with flooring and ceilings while at the same time responds best to shape sculpting for slab usage.

A welcome but unforeseen consequence of the above limitations is that many of the derivative textures mesh well both with themselves and their rough stone counterparts. A lot of work is needed still though for some of them in that department.

Of course, I will be revisiting the stones for a long time, a lot of them need more work both for tilling and overall aesthetics. At least, now I have something to work on and refine...XD

Any feedback is vastly appreciated, cheers. Time to start the ores, those will be nightmare to show properly...T_T

Agreed. They're not the silly sandworm holes we have in VANILLA. *scoffs..with his eye....lid*

HAH! I found a copyrighted word here...You broke the copyright. And now? The penality is to pay me 20,000 dunk coins.

I used the dunk coins because it's the only currency allowed in the forums.

Ok, this time I can turn a blind eye.

Posted Image

When will this be for download?? I want it so badly!! The stone is so beautiful; it will definitely add to my town!

Well,....soon...ish? As I said it will take some time, there are tons of textures and items to emulate. As soon as I'm finished with blocks and GUIs though I will post a test version for bug tracking...C:

In other news, decided to remake the planks (currently working on a 3d fishbone pattern) and tweak the logs a little. Here is a preview...

Posted Image

those planks look awkward.

those planks look awkward.

Yes, the planks yes, but look at the saplings. They're so realistic. I think that realism in texture packs is allowed, right?

Yes, the planks yes, but look at the saplings. They're so realistic. I think that realism in texture packs is allowed, right?

They're believable :3 Not realistic.

They're believable :3 Not realistic.

We are in the texture packs :(. Realism can exist here.

Here, you made me sad :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

No guy, I'm kidding.

HAH! I found a copyrighted word here...You broke the copyright. And now? The penality is to pay me 20,000 dunk coins.

I used the dunk coins because it's the only currency allowed in the forums.

Ok, this time I can turn a blind eye.

Posted Image

Idid? Show me evidence. And also, your image is BROKEN!!!

I love the planks! and the saplings... wow!

For me the planks doesn't fit with the rest, they just change colors while rocks have a different texture for each one.

Well yes, but you have to start from somewhere. The aim is for each wood type to have a different plank texture and grain, while retaining some sort of consistency and compatibility when meshing different plank types in construction.

Making planks is not as easy as other textures, mainly due to the fact that different sections of the base texture are also used in fences, slabs, stairs etc. So a seemingly nice generic plank texture could produce ugly or odd looking fences or stairs, etc. Thus, a lot of testing and "back to the drawing board" action is needed to produce a good result.

Now, multiply this with the number of different plank textures this mod has, and you begin to understand the problem. It will take time, but its a good challenge so I'm not complaining...XD

For me the planks doesn't fit with the rest, they just change colors while rocks have a different texture for each one.

It's just a WIP. Misa's texturepack did this with the planks though:

Posted Image

Yep, thats the idea, one plank for each tree type. Misas work is exquisite (I'm a fan and long time supporter), although the vanilla and jungle planks have a little problem when used as fences. Thats the main reason that a vertical mesh is preferable when making plank textures, although it makes less believable wall sections. C:

Idid? Show me evidence. And also, your image is BROKEN!!!

No, my image is adjusted. I can see it.

No, my image is adjusted. I can see it.

I can't....Try reuploading it.

I can't....Try reuploading it.

Posted Image

Can you see it now?