Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dante80

[64x] [WIP][B69] Albion Texture Pack v3.02...C:

217 posts in this topic

I took some screenshots of parts of our old base on my SMP server. Everything looks fantastic... you can view the album here; https://www.dropbox....o3lv/ARI4fOQ5w8 I'll be adding some more screenshots as we finish up our new building... we are trying to design it with these textures in mind.

Nice, thanks for the screenshots!

I see you are using the Kenget variant, not the one that came with the RC0. How do the dark cherry chests and crafting tables mesh with the TFC planks? I think that I will change the 2 shingle patterned planks to match the Kenget variant default blocks.

Yeah sorry it was a mis-match of the pack I was piecing together myself in combination of the stuff included in the release today... The chests look good; however we don't really have to many near lots of wood blocks to get a real comparison... I might try it out was we continue our new base. The new base is being build underground at Y 15 over a lava lake so I felt that the Kenget, the darker texture variants, were more appropriate for an underground palace/castle.

No need to apologize, you actually gave me even more options to consider. And you are right, Kenget fits the bill in dungeon construction indeed! C:

Yeah also wanted to call attention to the stuff I had hacked together from your other work before your released your pack today in the gallery I posted.

The bloomery; bellows and anvil GUI

Posted Image

I was quite pleased to see the ones included in the release were nearly identical to the ones that I already grabbed from your other packs.

With Dante80's blessing I'm posting the GUI replacements I hacked together from his texturepack. You can add them to his currently released texturepack; just download them open up his zip file and place all these into the bioxx folder. I still need to do knapping, sluice, scribing table and metallurgy table. However here are the rest:

Anvil

Posted Image

Bloomery

Posted Image

Food Prep

Posted Image

Forge

Posted Image

Log Pile

Posted Image

Quern

Posted Image

Here's a quick download zip that contains all 6 done so far.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2004377/minecraft/bioxx/tempgui.zip

The Default Minecraft Item sheet is missing a few items, like the spider eye, glass bottle, and the writtable/written books.

I made a quick fix that adds the defaults back into the item sheet as place holders so you can actually see them in game rather than them being invisible. Drop it in the gui folder of the release zip.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2004377/minecraft/items.png

Hmm, after seeing the items side of this TP, Imho they look a little catoony compared to TFC.

Although, if you wish to keep your look for the items (I may end up liking the variations you do on TFC tools, etc) I may go with a john smith variant for items.

Don't take it personal!

I just love the look of these more:

Posted Image

necrobard thanks for the help man, these will come handy as stopgaps...^^

warfighter67, lol of course I don't take it personal man. The items in Albion are a long time WIP anyways, most of them will be changed in the future. Cheers..C:

Remember guys, use optifine for HD fonts, animated water, lava and mipmapping. And post some pics from your worlds, they come handy in bugtesting too. Already spotted a couple of tilling problems from necrobards screenshots (granite cobble and marble bricks).

For a couple of hours of playing I can say that hi-res textures coupled with blocks don't look right to me. I'm not saying this is problem with TP, plain walls look very good, it's just when there's a block sticking out - its' sharp edges look weird.

Now I can draw, but not with colours, and I bet I shouldn't post it here and go visit a doctor or something instead, but in case something can be done with textures. Slightly move the pattern, maybe?

transcengopher, can you post us a screenshot of the pattern you find weird?

A first pass on the rock textures.

At first, I wanted to emulate each and every stone as a separate texture. I think though that it would be more helpful if the stones are grouped into the 4 types that are in the game. Thus, there is a different base texture for sedimentary, metamorphic, extrusive and intrusive ingeous groups. Of course, the stones also retain the hue and grain of the rock layer they are on.

Posted Image

Also, started work on the GUis. Here is the current inventory gui RC, I wanted to emulate an old painting like look. How does it look?

Posted Image

Being burtaly honest, that gui was the first thing i've seen of this texture pack that I hate. The pictures really don't work with it. The 'character' field is way, way too busy, and the crafting grid just looks terrible.

My advice, lose the painting and keep the wood grain. That part looks awesome.

I also love the rock textures.

Thanks for the feedback. I am getting to like the two paintings chosen as I play, I think they currently fit well with the albion theme. Will probably release a simple wood gui too though, since I can understand the current look is an acquired taste...^^

A WIP texture for knapping.

Posted Image

I would suggest bounding the knapping area and making the backgound image paler within that area. Once again it's just a bit too busy and some of the colors blend together too much. I do like the backgound image here but it needs to be separated a bit from the knapping area.

The problem is that the actual knapping area is hardcoded, and removing a stone fragment just reveals the background. I think I'll have to trace the actual contour of the area by eye, and then make it a shelf within the picture. Good idea man.

I like the paitings!

But they should blend together with the crafting area a little better, imo.

Some work on forge and logpiles

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit: bloomery

Posted Image

transcengopher, can you post us a screenshot of the pattern you find weird?

Mostly these:

Posted Image

Although I understand that the bottom right one is not intended to build walls, so nevermind.

Also, this looks like texture bug to me:

Posted Image

And also, leaves look weird on trees, I think less distinct pattern would be nice. Oh, and less ornament-busy interface.

Other than that, I've found some nice combinations to build with.

Posted Image

Thanks for the feedback!

From the 4 first pictures I see, there is a known tilling grid pattern remaining in Andesite bricks that has been already fixed in the coming next version. Other than that, I think I will revisit the rock salt bricks at some time, although I don't think I can do much for its grain texture. That's what its supposed to look like IRL. Also, as you have mentioned yourself, Quartzite smooth is not intended for walls. ;)

The 5th picture is actually a nice catch, its a mistake by me. Both bump and hue maps are inverted on this one in the PSD, I think I was playing around with the chert texture in a grid for tilling and forgot to flip it before applying it. Fixed.

Leaves will be revisited, hopefully in the future each tree will have its own leaves texture. Cannot comment really on the interface, its a theme based pack so its a design decision. As always, your mileage may vary...^^

Hope that helps, cheers...C:

Cannot comment really on the interface, its a theme based pack so its a design decision.

Maybe I wasn't completely correct. I meant that interface should not get between me and functionality. I should be able to see what's happening at a glance without big periods of getting used to it.

So, maybe you could tone things down or make inventory slots more distinct, or watch out so items and indicators don't blend with general texture.

i'm more than excited to finally be using this pack. i've been keeping a rather tight look on this one to wait for the beta release if any of it and behold! my patience pays off and i get to finally play with it. though the only really large issue i have with it, is that i cant seem to see, or find a way to turn on my crosshair. and i dunno about other users, but i NEED that crosshair for the slab making with the chisel and hammer. i found a way to make it work with out it, but it certainly takes quite some time. i will continue on to see if i can find another method in getting that back on.

as for the mobs, i like them the way they are, but i have also been playing vanilla with the vondoom texture pack beta, and i have to say with the monsters like that it's damn awesome and hellishly frightening to have a creeper looking like that pop up and hiss from no where, or with zombies popping up as they do lookin like that.... ok so i'm not really scared, but man they look all kinds of awesomely messed up. maybe you can work more on these, by adding some more gory type of zombies? maybe skeletons with bits of flesh and tattered clothing still attached to their boddies. no armor of course, i mean dont want to assume every skeletor that pops up with an arrow in his armored knee means you get that as a drop ya know?

over all the textures flow more than nicely, the rain is rather nice but the sprites used for the splashes dont seem to coalesce with the rain terribly well. i mean i cant complain, but i see you want feed back so maybe my novel here will help you out some who knows. i was also thinking if optifine and the system tray allows for full on amounts of particles then that should be like a down pour form hell and such, where as far as i can see the held back, or toned down particle settings seems to lessen the amount of rain that pops up onto the screen. maybe make that as a light shower, to help the players client and system to run at a bit more optimally. assuming of course the system can differentiate between decreased particle settings, and full particle settings as different textures.

havent seen much more than the leather armor, but the anvils look nice. though the red and blue steels look...odd. i would imagine seeing a dented, scratched and less than perfect surface would look more appealing to some, maybe include in the pack the option to have a refined look or a used and abused kind of look. so as players can use your artistic genius to the fullest within their preferences.

now dont forget about the things for redstone that are vanilla based, even the glow stone. even though this cant be gotten by normal means, this can still be gotten by creative. so those that are into building adventure based building and such. i think this is a crucial thing to not forget. mostly so those of us that want to set up a uber sweet spawns, and they want to use a large amount of redstone, and or lamps and the like. uhh i'm kinda hitting a stumper at this point. so far everything looks and works nice. but yeah definitely need to find a way to get the crosshair back heheh. keep up the great work.

Thanks for the feedback guys, all good suggestions. RC1 coming today, with 1.4.4 support and more work done on TFC. Currently working on the ores, sadly its very difficult to test these ingame due to them not being creative mode spawnable.

Posted Image

Duh...derp. I didn't even think of that, thanks for pointing that out. I was currently rotating the textures around in the sheet every time I wanted to look at them ingame....T_T

aaaand, cant get it to work, crashes every time. Back to rotating textures for me...T_T