Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sasqaucth

Sewers

27 posts in this topic

New Idea: I want plumbing in TFC. Not our modern day stuff, but more like the Roman things with Aqueducts and bathhouses, and where the wealthy had their own indoor water.Help me expand on this please!

New Idea: I want plumbing in TFC. Not our modern day stuff, but more like the Roman things with Aqueducts and bathhouses, and where the wealthy had their own indoor water.Help me expand on this please!

You can have that... Use the red steel bucket to pickup water, use it to make a water block and it will carry your dejects downstream (romans used gravity to transport dejects with water).

Plus, from now on it is a feature on TFC, water carries items downstream.

... I wouldn't want indoor plumbing the size of 1 cubic meter multiplied by whatever, and i'd rather have something that didn't just have laggy entities floating about until they despawn

... I wouldn't want indoor plumbing the size of 1 cubic meter multiplied by whatever, and i'd rather have something that didn't just have laggy entities floating about until they despawn

Then it is not like the romans aqueducts or sewers, is it?

Just find a high-lying source of water, dig into it, and create an aqueduct. Sure, it'll be a serious pain to fully complete, but imagine how awesome it could end up looking...

I'd love to see small bodies of water (lakes and ponds) become completely finite liquid, and rivers and oceans be an infinite source of water. Ocean and river water would spawn full blocks of water next to and below them, and smaller bodies of water would flow like water from regular buckets.

Obviously some workarounds would need to be taken to reduce lag with large amounts of finite water, but I Think that could be done by only using finite water exposed to air as part of the calculations, and having the rest just be stationary.

EDIT: I'm making this post because this would make water systems more practical.

Just find a high-lying source of water, dig into it, and create an aqueduct. Sure, it'll be a serious pain to fully complete, but imagine how awesome it could end up looking...

But are they even spawn at the moment? I saw quite a lot of mountains of different size and shape, but not a single mountain lake.

Roman aquaducts tended to be sourced at mountain springs, rather than lakes, and then lead to cities, etc. using rather specific angles. Too sallow and the water flows poorly, too steep and the pressure causes problems. I'm not sure the minecraft engine is exacty capable of doing aquaducts, or even proper pipes justice.

Roman aquaducts tended to be sourced at mountain springs, rather than lakes, and then lead to cities, etc. using rather specific angles. Too sallow and the water flows poorly, too steep and the pressure causes problems. I'm not sure the minecraft engine is exacty capable of doing aquaducts, or even proper pipes justice.

To my understanding, the Finite liquid mod did it quite well ._.

I think Bioxx wants to add lead pipes, but I don't know what he plans to do with them.

get ready for uses for those useless metals :)

Hell yeah poison pipes!

Hell yeah poison pipes!

People didn't know they were poisonous, and thats what people used (romans I think?) lead leaching would make you sick over many years of transporting drinking water in them, but if it was so deadly, they would have figured it out sooner.

People didn't know they were poisonous, and thats what people used (romans I think?) lead leaching would make you sick over many years of transporting drinking water in them, but if it was so deadly, they would have figured it out sooner.

Thank you professor! :D

Egyptians used before them and to choose between no plumbing/sanitation and copper poison, tough call... But most of the aqueducts/sewers were made out of cobble stone (waaaaaaaaaay cheaper)

If I recall, Finite Liquid did much larger waterpipes than I'v seen used in say, buildcraft. I rather liked the look of them, they'd suit a smaller town sized sewer or pumping system. Of course if we are really delving into this matter, you might want to think about a sewage liquid block with the same movement properties as lava.

Posted Image

Might want to bug djoslin about the sourcecode.

Egyptians used before them and to choose between no plumbing/sanitation and copper poison, tough call... But most of the aqueducts/sewers were made out of cobble stone (waaaaaaaaaay cheaper)

and leakier :)

Still there is no much need for a sewer system, is there? Or Bioxx is planning on adding ... needs...?

Still there is no much need for a sewer system, is there? Or Bioxx is planning on adding ... needs...?

Except for the sh+t ingot and what you make from them, don't tell me

wasn't good :P

I would prefer it to be used as an automatization for your farms, though... What? i sometimes like things to be easier, as well : i'm not a "HARD, HARD, AND ONLY HARD!" player...

Actually the Romans at least were well aware of leads effect, but lead only effects water though its oxides i belive. I have a book discussing ancient engineering somewhere. But while lead was used for pipes, so was clay. the clay would be shaped as a tube with one end smaller than the other, the pipes were baked and then fit togeather, usualy without adhesive or anything. The primary weakness of pipes was that while they allowed running water uphill, unlike aquaducts, having too steep an ange resulted in tremendous pressure buildup at the bend, causing the pipe to burst.

Lead pipes, on the other hand, tended to be triangular in cross section and rather weak, especially if soldered poorly.

Actually the Romans at least were well aware of leads effect, but lead only effects water though its oxides i belive. I have a book discussing ancient engineering somewhere. But while lead was used for pipes, so was clay. the clay would be shaped as a tube with one end smaller than the other, the pipes were baked and then fit togeather, usualy without adhesive or anything. The primary weakness of pipes was that while they allowed running water uphill, unlike aquaducts, having too steep an ange resulted in tremendous pressure buildup at the bend, causing the pipe to burst.

Lead pipes, on the other hand, tended to be triangular in cross section and rather weak, especially if soldered poorly.

oh hush ;P

Important to note, that the romans didnt live in a world where the living dead rose every night to devour the living, or one where exploding plant creatures suddenly pop out of thin air behind you every few hours.

Poisoning from lead pipes aint exactly high on the ol' prioritys list here is all Im saying.

*Puts up suggestion, goes to bed* "Shit, i'm sick and i don't wanna get up." Hours later... *Turns on computer and opens suggestions* A second page overnight! WA!!!

Important to note, that the romans didnt live in a world where the living dead rose every night to devour the living, or one where exploding plant creatures suddenly pop out of thin air behind you every few hours.

That isn't what videogames have taught me

I like this ider, maybe we could even add water-born illnesses and smallpox.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0