Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Leosallespoli

How did you find out about TFC?

75 posts in this topic

I found it in the list of mods on the main minecraft wiki that supported 1.3.2. I had been playing around with PowerCraft for a long time, but was getting frustrated by their direction (they seemed to be trying to play an entirely different game and recreate programming within it). I was initially attracted to Minecraft because of its survival element because I think that we should all learn a lot more about what made society what it is. I saw TFC in the list and didn't remember having seen it before. I figured I'd try it out... and have pretty much never looked back (except briefly after 1.4.2 came out and I was so disgusted by vanilla and its absurd direction that I ran away and hid in the comfort of my TFC world). I think what grabbed me the most was that it did everything I was hoping to do with the mod I had been developing, only it was much further along. I couldn't rationally continue that effort. I hope I can support TFC however they would like me to.

Just trying to look up the dwarf fortress wiki when a few accidental keystrokes lead me to the TFC wiki.

The Minecraft Modding topic on SomethingAwful was chatting about TFC for several pages something like a year ago(I am an idiot with no awareness of time), that is what I got interested in it. Helped ran a server running it in between official MC updates, spread the good word that way. Still play it SSP.

TFC is 11 months old.... There wasn't much to talk about til beta closer to may

Really? It feels like it has been so much longer. :( Think it was around beta v1g I started playing ssp.

Just double checked and Direwolf20 didn't do his mod spotlight until mid April, what the hell my perception of time is way off I swear. For reference we had the server running on beta 2 build 40. Why does it feel like it has been so much longer, either way all the more impressive what has been achieved in that time frame.

Excuse this derailment, ladies and gentlemens, but it will end quite soon after this post.

I found it in the list of mods on the main minecraft wiki that supported 1.3.2.

Yessss, yessss, first, their wiki, then, THE WORLD THEIR COMMUNITY! *evil laugh*

I was watching DW20 old mod reviews. Found his review for TFC and thought it looked cool.

in early July I saw a video on TFC's gold panning and sluice boxes on piedudeaus's youtube channel that only talked about that (the different colors of dirt caught my eye tbh :P). I then searched on the internet a little bit, and after events unknown ended up here downloading the mod, then creating a forum profile a few days later. I then promptly forgot about the forums here for a while while I was an admin on the LBP TFC server (we moved to tekkit and later dissolved late september/early october). At some point I remembered I had a profile here and began becoming active in the suggestions forum, and now look at me, about to hit 600 posts and going on 2 weeks without a drop of TFC D: (I fucking hate school :angry:)

in early July I saw a video on TFC's gold panning and sluice boxes on piedudeaus's youtube channel that only talked about that (the different colors of dirt caught my eye tbh :P). I then searched on the internet a little bit, and after events unknown ended up here downloading the mod, then creating a forum profile a few days later. I then promptly forgot about the forums here for a while while I was an admin on the LBP TFC server (we moved to tekkit and later dissolved late september/early october). At some point I remembered I had a profile here and began becoming active in the suggestions forum, and now look at me, about to hit 600 posts and going on 2 weeks without a drop of TFC D: (I fucking hate school :angry:)

oh calm your tits you're not even in post-secondary.

oh calm your tits you're not even in post-secondary.

Oh you misunderstand my stituation, it's my own fault. You see, I decided school wasn't important for the first month and a half of my senior year (this year) and spent it playing minecraft and generally goofing off. Well, reality struck when I was told I was failing two classes (AP Biology, which I would be doing fine in if I could get motivated to actually write the lab reports and Pre-Calc, I SUCK at math) and was stripped of all senior privileges and told that if I did not bring my grades up I would have to retake them before I could gradute. This scared me into action, but the sheer amount of work I had managed to ignore required most of any free time I might have had to complete it. I have now brought both classes out of failing range and will be handing in the last of my late AP Bio work tomorrow, the last day of the trimester. So, while I realize I'm not going to college yet, my school prides itself on being a college preparatory school, and so likes to "challenge" us by giving us not quite college level work (but damn they like to make it as close as they can), but I certainly do more/harder work than my friends who go to the local public school do.* So with that combined with all the late work I've been kinda busy for the past month.

*DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT saying that public school is easy/a joke, or that my friends don't do any of their work, because they do. All I am saying is that when it comes to volume/difficulty my school is generally greater in both categories, because that's just what you get when you go to a 200 year old private school that is so full of rich WASPs you can't walk to a class without getting stung -.- (just to clarify, I go there because my Step-dad taught french there, and they let me continue on under financial aid after they let him go.)

if I could get motivated to actually write the lab reports

I almost didn't graduate from university because of missing lab reports. I handed them in so last minute when I went to graduation I wasn't even sure if my name would be on the list because I didn't know if the professor got my grade in the system in time. Don't be like me, kids. Do your lab reports on time.

I almost didn't graduate from university because of missing lab reports. I handed them in so last minute when I went to graduation I wasn't even sure if my name would be on the list because I didn't know if the professor got my grade in the system in time. Don't be like me, kids. Do your lab reports on time.

That's exactly how you do homework, reports and works.. ON TIME, well maybe a little later :P

I found TFC when I did a google search for a mod that would add cave-ins. When I saw the rest of the features listed I pretty much called it quits on just about every other mod. After a couple months playing TFC I played a tekkit server with a friend for a day and a half, after which time I had top tier stuff of all the mods, about the same amount of time it had taken me to make my first pick after the switch to no stone picks. It was then I realized you can never truly go back.

*snip* Well, reality struck when I was told I was failing two classes (AP Biology, which I would be doing fine in if I could get motivated to actually write the lab reports and Pre-Calc, I SUCK at math) and was stripped of all senior privileges and told that if I did not bring my grades up I would have to retake them before I could gradute.

Serious... do them on time and get in the habit. From the other side, there is about to be a rebellion planet wide to stem the tide of late reports/papers/hw. For whatever reason, the current crop of people in school feel that handing things in on time is not necessary. This is about to become punished severely (as in... 1 hour late, you get 0) as it was a mere decade ago. At least... I hope this is the case. It's just stupid what students think they can get away with lately. #fuckpostmodernismineducationbs

this thread is two and a half year old... time to revive it :P

I was on the IC² forums and somewhere there was advertisement for a server host because IC² is a partner of said host. Now what I saw there were other partners and TFC was on of it (See here). I just clicked on some links and I was in the TFC wiki. Now here I read something about "seasons" "ore veins" and "temperature" and I thought:

"WOOt i have to play this mod!!"

Edited by noname_42

I was getting really bored with vanilla and began trying to assemble a mod pack when I realized this mod contained 90% of what was looking for. I tried out terrafirmacraft during the early stages when standing in water replenished your thirst bar but got my character stomped all over. I went on hiatus for a while and then began to look into it again. I really love the way the system plays out. I have been a Tfc player since.

I have joined the terrafirmacraft forum on jun 30 of 2012 and for the life of me I cant remember how did I found about TFC. All I know is that it has been more than a year since last time I played Minecraft without TFC.

2 years ago I made a big survival modpack for the 1.5. Then after a moth or two I lost inerest. Few month later I wanted to play again, but had find that some mods  had not been updated to 1.6, especialy the thirst mod I was using, wich was an essential mod in my pack. Searching for a new one, I found Terra Firma Craft and my modpack suddenly useless, because all I wanted for minecraft, was there in one mod.

It is amazing to see how far Terra Firma Craft has come.

Thank You

Same as Heptagon. Shame he stopped...

I discovered TFC a while ago, I remember that the talk of TFC2 had just started, which is why I probably heard about it as some server mates of mine played a map with every new build. I then rediscovered it via I think SOTMead and Florastar and played for a bit (still have that map). I then rediscovered it again via Etho. I didn't play though until near the end of build 78 as I was busy running a public modded server and modpack with a friend. RL popped up for that friend and the server closed down. At a loose end and a bit burnt out on modded stuff I started playing Vanilla. After the hardmode pack I played Vanilla was so easy. Infernal mobs and various other tweaks make dealing with the vanilla variety a bit of a cake walk. Got bored, played Hardcore mode, but after deleting a couple of very developed worlds due to one buggy death and stupidity on my part (sneaking to edge of a chest) I decided to try TFC. Found the wiki, found the forums and well now here I am.

I have to thank Direwolf20--one of my personal favorite YouTubers--for giving a mod review of TFC way back in 2012, :).

Etho like a few others. I played for a little bit and I really enjoy watching others but I find it a little time consuming plus whenever I start playing again some big event comes. I had a good world but that was out dated maybe? I tried to get back on on the latest build and everything was made out of fence gates, lava, and gold ore. One of these days I'll start again but until then I suppose I'll just watch others.  

It got my attention a couple of months ago when I just got tired of vanilla minecraft. Needed something a bit more challenging if you know what i mean :);):P

I also got hooked on the whole concept of tfc.

youtube vid :) one of the mindcrackers i think but etho really got me into it

Edited by pyr0kid