Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
halfmaster1

[Clarified] Gardening

40 posts in this topic

Did you know that dandelion roots make excellent coffee? It's true, I have had some before it isn't half bad. It isn't really good either though, all well. If we were to implement more plants like this we either need a genetics system or nothing at all. Any list you could compile doesn't begin to sum up what is used in a garden honestly. No offense as far as more plants go though if we wanted to add a couple I would suggest starting by looking for a couple different annual flowers (maybe five). Maybe a couple perenials, several bushes, some groundcovers, vines, shruberries, shrubs, herbs, etc. This is already a long list. I vote genetics.

Edit: Bioxx's list is decent as well though, I would be fine with what he has.

I would want at a TON of useless plants to be added to the list that go as far as useless drops. Why useless? Ambiance. You dont need something to do something to make the world feel alive.

WOw, I got more posts in this topic without realizing it.

I might add some more plants once I get back, but don't be afraid to post a list of some you've thought of.

for a list of flowers, check your local flower shop :D but as a Dutch person i am offended, Y U NO 4 COLOUR TULIPS!

Why no what? If you have an idea, post it with some details.

more wild plants are on the way to spice up the wilds of TFC, but idk if they'll be for cultivation. This is all I can say.

I would want at a TON of useless plants to be added to the list that go as far as useless drops. Why useless? Ambiance. You dont need something to do something to make the world feel alive.

Some of those plants could share the same id with grass, but use other meta values and be generated and regrow via the same principle as normal grass. This alone will do so much for the looks of the game.

And if you crunch at it for a bit, you can even develop rules for certain meta values applied to grass only in certain biomes.

The OP made a huge work. I hope that something will be implemented.

The OP made a huge work. I hope that something will be implemented.

that's no justification. If someone writes a 10 page essay on why TFC development should stop, it's not going to change anything.

The work you guys put into your suggestion doesn't affect our decisions at all. The best way to do it is to be clear, concise and grammatically correct. Long walls of text are turnoffs and make me predisposed to dislike you.

that's no justification. If someone writes a 10 page essay on why TFC development should stop, it's not going to change anything.

The work you guys put into your suggestion doesn't affect our decisions at all. The best way to do it is to be clear, concise and grammatically correct. Long walls of text are turnoffs and make me predisposed to dislike you.

... Damn it, ECC, we should have made that carthography thread shorter, wall-o-texting is now officially counter-productive :

I had this thread really short, thinking that you guys would come up with something, but no one took any interest, so I figured I'd specify.

And this is just an idea on how it would work. I don't care if you get rid of everything I've suggested specifically, but no one replied, so I added some specifics to give an idea of the kinds of this that could be added.

@ Halfmaster you put it up nice and tidy in small chunks of sections witch makes it easy to read i think Dunk is just stating the decission is not based on how much people elaborate on a subject but on if the Dev team find it a good enough idea to implement and also that he prefers right grammar and so on to long texts describing details

This is just how i read it but i might be wrong i tend to be wrong tho

... Damn it, ECC, we should have made that carthography thread shorter, wall-o-texting is now officially counter-productive :

Yeah, I figured walls of text probably don't sit well with people, which is why I usually add a TLDR summary to the end, gives them a taste and if they like the flavor they can read more above.

It's much easier to put the tl;dr at the begining. If I see a massive wall of text, my first instinct is to read the fist few sentances and then immedeatly scroll to the next post, missing any summary.

New unofficial rule in the forums: if you plan on wall-o-texting, place the TL;DR at the start of the post. The first instinct of Bucz is mine as well, you know... : so i think this will help a lot.

(And no, this is not an order, but more of a suggestion in the wrong thread :3)