Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DJFergy

Geological Events

172 posts in this topic

Guys, Dunk said derail ended. Now, please, hear what he said and stop this derail.

No, the derail starts now!!! Hehehe!

nope, it's over.

Guys, Dunk said derail ended. Now, please, hear what he said and stop this derail.

No, the derail starts now!!! Hehehe!

nope, it's over.

You read what i said before, answer me, and THEN we can start discussing something important :

I am whole heartedly against volcanic activity. One aspect is that yes, its neat to see, neat to watch, but when it comes to playing, you wouldn't want to suddenly find an entire town on a server reduced from redsteel to tin unless it was an act of war. Destructive nature in a game such as this is a huge no.

however, Volcanic plains, Mountains, etc, as generation features as opposed to disasters that occur sporadically (or just periodically) (spelling halp plz?) are something I would enjoy. I would love to find myself in side the old husk of a long dead volcano. Active volcanos however are a no, as that causes issues with the playerbase.

You read what i said before, answer me, and THEN we can start discussing something important :

I didn't write "Nope it's over" A mod did.

EDIT: I think it was a Dunk mod.

If we can figure out how to get mountains to generate properly, (actually looking like mountains) volcanos (non-erupting) could find a home here

If we can figure out how to get mountains to generate properly,

Something like mountains with some snow above?

I clicked every single one of those. It took a good while. The lines overlapped each other and the word spoiuler traveled across the screen to the right before exploding and showing the picture.

good job :)

I used copy and paste so it was a power of 2... can you guess how many?

1024 :)

good job :)

I used copy and paste so it was a power of 2... can you guess how many?

1024 :)

... Did i just manually opened 814 spoilers just to see a Dunk meme? WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE? O_o

Yes, not only i opened that many spoilers, but afterwards i even counted how many spoilers you wrote :

Yes, not only i opened that many spoilers, but afterwards i even counted how many spoilers you wrote :

wat why 814? damn.

wat why 814? damn.

I must not have clicked them all. At one point it exploded all over the right side of the screen. Must've stopped loading them.

I must not have clicked them all. At one point it exploded all over the right side of the screen. Must've stopped loading them.

That's because you probably didn't tried to close the first spoiler after opening them all. It was like 5 seconds of lag. May sounds like nothing, but... a forum giving you 5 seconds of lag? wow.

If we can figure out how to get mountains to generate properly, (actually looking like mountains) volcanos (non-erupting) could find a home here

Let the like spam begin!

Let the like spam begin!

The "non-erupting" turns me off.

Settling near a volcano should be a bad thing. Proper scouting of area should be necessary before starting a town, and making guards against natural disasters should be a part of building any settlement.

Settling near a volcano should be a bad thing. Proper scouting of area should be necessary before starting a town, and making guards against natural disasters should be a part of building any settlement.

So, why we have so many cities near active volcanoes nowdays? (and don't you say "because we never knew they were active until we already had built the entire city", that may have happen some times, but it's not like Murphy's law also applies to every single city built near a mountain.)

So, why we have so many cities near active volcanoes nowdays? (and don't you say "because we never knew they were active until we already had built the entire city", that may have happen some times, but it's not like Murphy's law also applies to every single city built near a mountain.)

Because we have preparations ready to evacuate the city should it ever be active, and volcanoes erupting is not insanely common. That doesn't mean it never happens.

then go away. We have other plans for volcanoes.

'volcanos (non-erupting)'

I love you

Volcano, historically, are not usually active within a human lifetime. the idea that a volcano blows up every Tuesday in TFC is outrageous. Not everywhere is like Greenland(or is that Iceland? idk)

Most active volcanos have massive cycles of release and build. Most people dont realize that because they are to focused on the few 'exceptions' because it 'Looks cool'

'volcanos (non-erupting)'

I love you

Volcano, historically, are not usually active within a human lifetime. the idea that a volcano blows up every Tuesday in TFC is outrageous. Not everywhere is like Greenland(or is that Iceland? idk)

Most active volcanos have massive cycles of release and build. Most people dont realize that because they are to focused on the few 'exceptions' because it 'Looks cool'

yea its iceland, so maybe we could have increased volcanic activity due north, but still a lot less than every Tuesday :D (perhaps once a TFC year would do?)

and most volcanoes dont fire within 10 lifetimes of each other, at the bare minimum, and one does not simply realize volcanoes are triggered by earthquakes, they dont just spontaniously combust.

oh, btw, while its on volcanoes, why no underwater volcanoes, spewing a new block: magma, which would have a heat value and travel some blocks beyond the initial eruption area, then cool off and turn into some type of solid, gravity affected block (cobble wouldnt be realistic i think) which, over time, would form an natural new island or even continent, if their close enough :D, of course after that it'd need to be agricultured before its ready to be habitable :D

volcano are triggers by pressure buildup. when they begin to release, that is called an earthquake. when smoke, ash and sulfur begin to spew, THAT is an eruption.

Volcanic activity causes tectonics, eathquakes, and the like, not the other way around

GUYS. The reason we aren't doing eruptions is because iirc we have other plans for volcanoes. Besides, eruptions are way to CPU intensive and we both agree we couldn't make a good one without better liquid physics, smoke generators of some sort and simulated earthquakes. Volcanoes are non-erupting, and ECC's reasons are a convenient excuse, but not the actual root cause.

I would like volcanoes to be mostly silent, just have lava flow from y=1 to top of the volcano with few branching streams here and there :) maybe erupting only if blocked or disturped by something, like eartquake or heavy rain cooling the top layer of lava and plugging it.

wouldn't rain just create a thin sheet that pressure of even a small magnitude would crack and break?

Heavy rain is enough to have cracks go POP!!! and spewwing small hot glumps all over :) not blowing up whole thing

Edit: Yellowstone btw is a HUGE volcano...