Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Ocean Of Sphalerite

21 posts in this topic

So.. my mining didn't produce any ores in a while and I was interested in how rare are ores in TFC.

I created a new map, and using MCEdit removed all the roses and then replaced all the useful ores with roses, at first it was about 200 chunks and I created 82k roses :blink:.

Then I looked underground and saw a couple of huge veins of roses, undoing my actions I found out this where mostly sphalerite veins and a single chunk contains about 4k sphalerite :blink: :blink: :blink:.

Going into the game with creative mod it turned out to be true:

Posted Image

A HUGE.. lol sorry.. A HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE vein of sphalerite and more, if I'm to check it with a propick it would evaporate and kill me :D.

So here I am, can't find a single ore, and on the next map.. BOOM!! a never ending supply of ores.

Did anyone ever found a vein with THOUSANDTHS of ores?

Seed: 5417004871341432900

Coordinates: x: 530 z: -13440 y: ~45

Sadly using this seed it created the same map but with out the ores. After looking at some maps with same seed, I see the have different ores and slightly different. So does the ores generator depends on the seed or it's a bit random?

So since the map can't be recreated using the seed here is my map: (too bad I used so much TNT it's ugly now :( but it still have 80k ore near the spawn point :P)

Map zip: MediaFire

Just to say a head I didn't save any changes when playing with MCEdit, and anyway I made too few changes to create such balanced huge veins.

Wish it was my map (Maybe I'm going to adopt it now ;) ).

you know how to work TFC in MCedit?? that thing doesn't seem to work for me... It can't recognize TFC's blocks

And you should read http://terrafirmacra...ost-everything/

It was really hard, everything seems purple, but like i said i changed the ores (213: anything) with roses (38) and the analyze can count the roses so it's same as counting ores.

I'll check that program later. So I see it happens to others as well, did copying the seed worked for them? Is this considered a bug?

It is not, as far as I know, you're just lucky. BTW, that was b46, now orebodys are different.

It is not, as far as I know, you're just lucky. BTW, that was b46, now orebodys are different.

1) If it's not considered a bug it should, a map with x80 more ore than usual..

2) orebodys? you mean the ore generator?

3) So anyone aware of how the seed affect the ores? same seed should give same ores?

It is not more than usual, it happens...

ore body is where the ore is.

It gives a random number for the placement of ore and their formation, yes it should. It is just like Vanilla, but bigger.

on one of my old 52e maps i happened to dig below my house and found a massive area with bismith sphalerite and a whole bunch of other minerals (sadly mostly useless minerals) never did find any iron though.

1) If it's not considered a bug it should, a map with x80 more ore than usual..

2) orebodys? you mean the ore generator?

3) So anyone aware of how the seed affect the ores? same seed should give same ores?

an ore body is a clump of ore. I think we were having issues with client ore gen and server ore gen interfering, which is what lead ore gen to be independent of the seed. (go figure)

You're not allowed to post numbers. Do not do that again.

Sorry. It's just that the program exist anyway.

Are you going to change the ore generator it in the future I hope?

Also what about the seed independence, maybe it's a good idea to keep it, so people can't post seeds with lots of ores near the spawn point.

you know how to work TFC in MCedit?? that thing doesn't seem to work for me... It can't recognize TFC's blocks

And you should read http://terrafirmacra...ost-everything/

So after playing with the program for a while, it seams like this is no special or lucky at all.

All maps seem have a huge clusters of ores, and this was no exception.

That ain't nothing. Have you seen the legendary 1000k+ coal seams?

That ain't nothing. Have you seen the legendary 1000k+ coal seams?

1000k+??

are you sure? that is 1 million..

And like I said yes this huge veins seems to be very common.

1000k+??

are you sure? that is 1 million..

And like I said yes this huge veins seems to be very common.

I would guess he was talking to irl formations...

Bituminous coal pockets really do feel like endless. 5k+ blocks easily. Never mined out even a half of such cluster and always seem to get it, no matter the world.

What kind of numbers are you talking about? Seeds?

What kind of numbers are you talking about? Seeds?

No.. numbers that will reveal the secret to efficient mining ;)

That seems stupid that no one is allowed to post numbers to help the community or any players that don't quite understand how the ore(s) work in TFCraft.

That seems stupid that no one is allowed to post numbers to help the community or any players that don't quite understand how the ore(s) work in TFCraft.

Having some mystery in the ore gen system is a good thing. Having the ore gen revealed to me in both vanilla and TFC took some of the enthusiasm out of the game for me. I still remember the person who told me how predictable ore gen was in TFC, and that was a long time ago. Once you discover how simple it is, you'll mine in a repetitive way and the challenge is replaced by tedium.

To quote Dunk:

" TFC is like a magic trick: it's fun and exciting, and you may really want to know how it works, but once you find out, the magic is lost, and it won't ever come back. "

To quote Dunk:

" TFC is like a magic trick: it's fun and exciting, and you may really want to know how it works, but once you find out, the magic is lost, and it won't ever come back. "

--

When I first read that in the original post I almost cried while clapping: "Bravo! Bravo!"

Meh, for those really wanting to know the numbers, use the mod NEI (Not Enough Items) by Chickenbones :D