Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vovk

What other mods do you use with TFC?

96 posts in this topic

I'm curious - what mods have you found are successful/play nice with TFC?

Right now I'm using Rei's minimap - but was curious if anyone's gotten anything else - possibly something like thaumcraft, computercraft, runic dust, etc.

Rei's, optifine, nei and inv tweeks.

Don't see any use for content mods.

I use Smartmoving, reis minimap, inventory tweaks and Optifine. Getting content adding mods to work on TFC is currently hard, like those which add terrain features glitch really bad :/ so just hanging on these 4. I use MultiMC so i have now 4 instances of TFC, and one of them is purely to test other mods with TFC :) One is just plain b66 build without nothing for bug hunting.

Rei's, optifine, nei and inv tweeks.

Don't see any use for content mods.

Thats exactly the same for me. I would love to make a sound mod like Matmos work properly too.

Other than that, I don't think that most if any content mods fit the TFC experience. I see a lot of people use smart moving, but that does not fit my play-style (makes the game easier).

Thats exactly the same for me. I would love to make a sound mod like Matmos work properly too.

Other than that, I don't think that most if any content mods fit the TFC experience. I see a lot of people use smart moving, but that does not fit my play-style (makes the game easier).

It doesn't make the game that much easier, it makes it bearable. Regular MC movement is just obnoxious.

Also, on topic. I saw Crysin uses MAtmos (atmospheric sounds) http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/379925-142-matmos-r19-environmental-sound-atmosphere-simulator/ in his Spotter's guide.

we meet again...

rei's and smart moving were my staples

- optifine HD_U_A7

- REI's Minimap

- MAtmos r19_1_4_2

- MSI 1.30

- CJBMods (AMAIN-MOREINFO, other doesn't works and are Cheat !!!)

That's it.

What does smart moving add to the game or the gameplay ?

I'm curious - what mods have you found are successful/play nice with TFC?

Right now I'm using Rei's minimap - but was curious if anyone's gotten anything else - possibly something like thaumcraft, computercraft, runic dust, etc.

Oh god... Use the search function!!!!!!!!

Oh god... Use the search function!!!!!!!!

There have been like 3 or 4 threads in the last little while that people have made without using the search bar.

The other one died a long time ago.

Smart Moving, Inventory Tweaks, and NEI

I would use MultiMine (saves block damage in world) but it doesn't play well with TFC.

The other one died a long time ago.

Smart Moving, Inventory Tweaks, and NEI

I would use MultiMine (saves block damage in world) but it doesn't play well with TFC.

that is one feature that i think would really add to the believability of TFC, wish it were implemented in some way.

Rei's, Smart Moving, NEI, Inv tweaks, Optifine.

'nough said.

Rei's minimap;

invTWEAKS;

NEI for recipes only;

Not optifine and smart moving (I don't know why I don't have smart moving...gonna install it now!

Oh, also, for testing purposes, i have been trying to install single players commands. But it doesn't seems to work.. :

Oh, also, for testing purposes, i have been trying to install single players commands. But it doesn't seems to work.. :

It works, well, not as I wish it would but it does work but without SM

I apologize if this topic has been up before, I did search for "other mods" and the word "mods" and "tech" but couldn't find anything about this topic. I am asking because my room mate is not in favor of switching our server to one without computers to program, but everyone else on the server wants to make a TFC village.

I started this thread to see if it would even be possible to compromise and get a content mod to play nice with TFC. Obviously I know now that this is not the case. Personally If I wanted to play with a Lua or Forth interpreter, I would just get (and have gotten) one instead of running it through minecraft.

PS: hello again dunk! ^_^

I apologize if this topic has been up before, I did search for "other mods" and the word "mods" and "tech" but couldn't find anything about this topic. I am asking because my room mate is not in favor of switching our server to one without computers to program, but everyone else on the server wants to make a TFC village.

I started this thread to see if it would even be possible to compromise and get a content mod to play nice with TFC. Obviously I know now that this is not the case. Personally If I wanted to play with a Lua or Forth interpreter, I would just get (and have gotten) one instead of running it through minecraft.

PS: hello again dunk! ^_^

hello Vovk. I hope you can make a better impression on the forums than on the IRC, like leo said, you could be of use here.

Well, from what i know, the backpacks mod works with TFC, it's backpacks are craftable, and it's a content mod (even though it's a very small one)

hello Vovk. I hope you can make a better impression on the forums than on the IRC, like leo said, you could be of use here.

I know now exactly which topic to completely ignore here (luckily it does not come up much) - it derails threads and sends me into a rant. I will be civil in these forums.

Anyway - thread still seems alive with mod suggestions, so back to being on topic! :D

I know now exactly which topic to completely ignore here (luckily it does not come up much) - it derails threads and sends me into a rant. I will be civil in these forums.

If people really knew which topics they should ignore for avoiding derail in their threads, they wouldn't even post in this forums. Just sayin'.

I always use OptiFine, Rei's Minimap, InventoryTweaks.With EVERYTHING.

Personally the only mod I use right now is optifine, I think using a minimap mod should be completely unnecessary, but we don't have a legitimate way to get maps yet so I guess I understand it. Most mods I feel detract from TFC's gameplay, and the only one I'd really appreciate would be a cart mod to ease transport between settlements.

I'd do MATmos but I've a feeling that it'd be more annoying than anything given TFC's height?

Personally the only mod I use right now is optifine, I think using a minimap mod should be completely unnecessary, but we don't have a legitimate way to get maps yet so I guess I understand it. Most mods I feel detract from TFC's gameplay, and the only one I'd really appreciate would be a cart mod to ease transport between settlements.

I'd do MATmos but I've a feeling that it'd be more annoying than anything given TFC's height?

One guy I think said that he solved that issue by also installing MSI or something like that.

I'm a Rei's minmap addict! i copy paste the content of the mod onto a word doc, print it out, burn the paper and snort the ashes just to feel satisfied.

I'm a Rei's minmap addict! i copy paste the content of the mod onto a word doc, print it out, burn the paper and snort the ashes just to feel satisfied.

Umm............ OK?

Posted Image