Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vovk

What other mods do you use with TFC?

96 posts in this topic

Umm............ OK?

Smart moving.

i also use smart moving.

Curious if the people using smart moving are disabling certain features. I like the idea of it, but I found it damn near impossible to use because it just made him jump randomly off cliffs while climbing, spin 180s with distressing frequency, and the sprint time is so nerfed that you can't get away from anything in a tight situation.

Right now I use Optifine and MAtmos (a really cool atmospheric sound generator) and that's about it.

Personally the only mod I use right now is optifine, I think using a minimap mod should be completely unnecessary, but we don't have a legitimate way to get maps yet so I guess I understand it. Most mods I feel detract from TFC's gameplay, and the only one I'd really appreciate would be a cart mod to ease transport between settlements.

I'd do MATmos but I've a feeling that it'd be more annoying than anything given TFC's height?

I use it and it's great. You can change the volume of certain sounds over or less than others in the new version's in-game menu. I have the wind turned down a good bit because of the height so that it's just ambiance.

i use railcraft and train craft along with some other transport mods

i modify my configs to run with TFC metals

hmm... could something like thaumcraft be configured similarly?

hmm... could something like thaumcraft be configured similarly?

Nope, Thaum is for 1.2.5 and adds ores and entities in the world gen that would be unavailable in TFC (since it changes the world gen no mod that requires vanilla world gen will work properly)

ah right because railcraft only needs iron, coal, charcoal and wood blocks.

hmmm. computercraft, however only requires smoothstone, gold, iron, glass, etc.

Diamond pickaxes are required but I'm wondering if that could be easily changed to something like red/blue steel in a config file.

highly interesting! please tell me more!

I just added inventory tweaks in my list of mods :) its been updated to work with TFC better :)

its been updated to work with TFC better :)

When did this happen? My invTeaks works bad.

I downloaded it yesterday and it even says works with TFC :)

Thanks +1

I use the following modifications in my TerraFirmaCraft experiences:

-Mob Dismemberment

-Mob Amputation

-MAtmos

-MSI

-Zombie Awareness

-Smart Moving

Note that these were all of the modifications I used before I had the misfortune of my TFC File deleted due to problematic reasons.

To those who find ssp a bit too lonely and smp a bit too social i have some interesting news for you!

i just got Minecraft comes alive to "work" with Terrafirmacraft.

i say "work" because i haven't fully explored all the things you can do in MCA (first time using that mod) so i'm unsure as to how these villagers will function with all the different stones and wood when they work for me. i can only assume that it will not work at all. but right now it's cool to actually have a villager npc working with this mod. i'm gonna get testing this out and see what works and what doesn't.

after some experimenting it seems that they are indeed as useless as the testificates. they cannot attack any animal at all because they are not the same as the vanilla. nor can they mine or cut wood. none of the tfc weapon or armor given to them is used and vanilla swords turn invisible in their hands.

They'll give you cake though!

all in all. a useless find but it's better than nothing. it would be pretty awesome if someone with knowledge of what they're doing could edit the mod so that the villagers can perform these tasks upon TFC material.

Well isn't using something like Rei's minimap acting against what this mod is about? I would find it hard to believe the devs of this mod would condone you using an external tool (something not in the mod, whether it's another mod or something else) to chart locations in game when there isn't anything in game to do that now. I always feel they come back and say something along the lines of 'We made this mod the way it should be played, if we wanted you to do that, we would have added it in...). Though I haven't read every previous change log/post about what the game PLANS on being/what it PLANS on having in it, but I would think something as powerful as Rei's minimap would be breaking the experience they are trying to create.

Don't get me wrong, do WHATEVER you want to do. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I agree with this but some of the vets here swear by it...

I feel that way about smart moving as well to a degree.

I do think however there should definitely be a map that we can create, and it should be a pretty basic item.

Well isn't using something like Rei's minimap acting against what this mod is about?

Speaking only for myself, it's completely necessary. I have no sense of direction whatsoever. Not just in games, in real life too. It's fucking ridiculous how easy I get lost. :-(

In vanilla MC I don't need to explore right away though, and by the time I'm ready to do so I can have the in-game map item so I have some chance of finding my way around.

In TFC I'm screwed. No in-game map item that's even remotely accessible, and exploring around is much more important to get anywhere. I also need to take note of a lot more areas, since I need to know where I've found various ores and other resources.

I don't think I would be able to enjoy TFC without Rei's minimap. I promise it's challenging enough. :-)

Completely necessary seems like a huge exaggeration... Stone markers, torches, signs, it's pretty to keep track and you can help everybody else you're playing with.

Completely necessary seems like a huge exaggeration... Stone markers, torches, signs, it's pretty to keep track and you can help everybody else you're playing with.

I agree. But some people don't like it because it makes worlds look ugly. I have no problem with it; it serves a purpose.

I'm not playing with anyone else.

Those techniques work OK when you know points A and B, but when you're wandering this way and that trying to find stuff leaving a trail (and then cleaning it up later) it's a pain. Also, I don't spend that much time playing, so I'd rather use my time enjoying other parts of the game.

I'm not playing with anyone else.

Those techniques work OK when you know points A and B, but when you're wandering this way and that trying to find stuff leaving a trail (and then cleaning it up later) it's a pain. Also, I don't spend that much time playing, so I'd rather use my time enjoying other parts of the game.

I can what you're saying, I also play alone most of the time. If you put down pillars though that have a torch point in the direction you are coming from, it's easy to follow them back. Then just throw them down every 20 blocks or so, on high hills, in open spaces. Then finding your way back is just mindlessly following the trail. No need to clean up. I like how they look - gives a sense of civilization. It's like the first steps to making a road or path. You can re-use these again and again. Follow the pillars to a certain point, if you're changing direction, throw down a sign saying 'go west/left' and make some more trails.

I imagine you've never read the story of Hansel and Gretel?

Building a path is much easier and safer than looking in the corner at the minimap trying to get home in the middle of the night.

I've been considering attempting combining the Feed the Beast modpack with Terra Firma Craft.

Or at least IC2 with Gregtech installed, especially if I can figure out how to modify, add, and remove recipes, and involve TFC items in them.