Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vovk

What other mods do you use with TFC?

96 posts in this topic

There will be many people waiting on your success, share with us if you do get it.

I imagine you've never read the story of Hansel and Gretel?

Building a path is much easier and safer than looking in the corner at the minimap trying to get home in the middle of the night.

But the minimap's waypoints can be seen also in the world, not only in the minimap. This makes travelling during night easier.

Personally i usually don't have many problems travelling in day or night time, 'cause i LOVE to sail looking for new stuff to have in my continent (or even a new continent to live in!). So unless someone adds marine creatures, i can safely user Rei's waypoints for travelling through the seas :3

Also, a pro tip for people new to Rei's: press x.

*snip* the point is who posted this :P

It seems that my internet doppelganger has been found...

(By the way, did Dunk just give you that title or did you ask for it? Just curious.)

(By the way, did Dunk just give you that title or did you ask for it? Just curious.)

To JAG? No, he has a secret society...

He was talking to Dock, Wolf... And Dunk just gave him the title, achartran :

He was talking to Dock, Wolf... And Dunk just gave him the title, achartran :

oh ok, I was just curious, because I was being all narcissistic and thinking maybe it was a reference to me :D

due to the similarities of our avatars

This is an old thread but I'd like to add my two cents here. I play exclusively on my own SMP server and the mods we are running which we find useful are:

Rei's minimap

Smart Moving

NEI

Lanterns

Medical Mod (called mbolz after the mod creator)

SMP worthy ones:

Simply Horses (helps to get around the world quickly and legitly)

tradebooth combined with Custom NPCs to get coins for currency and the ability to create player based economy

The Elegant Punt (great sail boat mod!)

We are also running Traincraft which has some great steam locomotives but when we do a server reset (when build 76 comes out) we are gonig to discard that mod becuase its not being and some people believe it to be "too industrial age".

Also we've got Bukkitforge working so we've also got iConomy and Towny as well as essentials set up for keeping people out of places they dont belong (i.e. griefers/thieves) and it creates a create economy as well as political elements when nation/town building.

The Elegant Punt (great sail boat mod!)

Found this mod this week. I was going to say that it's a great mod to add to TFC.

This is an old thread but I'd like to add my two cents here. I play exclusively on my own SMP server and the mods we are running which we find useful are: Rei's minimap Smart Moving NEI Lanterns Medical Mod (called mbolz after the mod creator) SMP worthy ones: Simply Horses (helps to get around the world quickly and legitly) tradebooth combined with Custom NPCs to get coins for currency and the ability to create player based economy The Elegant Punt (great sail boat mod!) We are also running Traincraft which has some great steam locomotives but when we do a server reset (when build 76 comes out) we are gonig to discard that mod becuase its not being and some people believe it to be "too industrial age". Also we've got Bukkitforge working so we've also got iConomy and Towny as well as essentials set up for keeping people out of places they dont belong (i.e. griefers/thieves) and it creates a create economy as well as political elements when nation/town building.

I hadn't heard of the Elegent Punt mod. That definitely looks worth testing out.

Thinking of mods that don't add world gen. Some of these might be worth trying out:

Mine and Blade Commander - (hirable NPCs to fight for you)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1542377-147-mine-blade-commander-alpha-7/

Bibliocraft - (amazing storage options)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1680480-147forge-bibliocraft-v110-bookcases-armor-stands-shelves-and-more-updated-02222013/

Chainz - (hand powered medieval style elevators)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1620828-chainz-the-missing-iron-link-adds-chains-wire-fiber-wire-and-elevators-bug-fixes-update-v103-upd-jan-13/

Steam Ships - ( Coal powered zeppelin )

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1613220-146-steampunk-airships-forge/

Iron Chests - ( more storage solutions )

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/981855-147-13w02b-forge-universal-ironchests-50-obsidian-chests/

Barrels - (even more storage)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1694276-147-the-barrels-mod/

Parachute

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/585469-147forge-crackedeggs-mods-reptiles-parachute-walkingdead/

I haven't tested any of these out and come to think of it the Mine and Blade soldiers would probably get destroyed quickly since they're on the standard power/toughness scale. But it seems like most of these should work and aren't too far removed from the flavor of TFcraft.

I love these mods but I have no contact with most of my players and would feel bad changing things without them x]

by the way, is it possible to link to a specific post?

by the way, is it possible to link to a specific post?

Left click on the post number... yours would be #61 :)

Left click on the post number... yours would be #61 :)

Figured it out immediately after asking, forgot to edit it, but thank you lol

I use:

MAIN FOLDER MODS

MAtoms

JAR MODS

Forge v.486, Player API Universal, Durability 101, Better Fonts

COREMODS

Dynamic Lights, (NEI with Code Chicken Core within a second instance for an ops character when necessary for server management).

MODS

TerraFirmaCraft (of course)

Armor Status HUD, Status Effect HUD, Inventory Tweaks, REI's Minimap, Simply Horses, More Pistons, Fancy Fences, Greg's Blocks, Lanterns

BiblioCraft (has some minor graphical inconsistencies in displaying TFC iron based armors but not game breaking)

DoubleDoor (uses redstone but is an ease of use mod to open both doors simultaneously.

Simply Horses, Dynamic Lights, and Lanterns integrate well with the feel of TFC. Some may consider the UI mods as minor cheats; however, that is for you to decide.

I tried using many other mods with custom NPC's in developing the server but decided to leave them out of the server as they make TFC feel wrong.

We do use dynmap on the server but markers are disabled since people can use Rei's minimap for waypoints.

*edit bspkr's core not used causing crashes. so we moved back to v1.4.6 for Armor Status HUD and Status Effect HUD.

I'm curious about the Custom NPC's mod. It seems like it's meant more for creative or adventure maps. I could see how it could be extremely handy though. Especially the trader function. It would be great to set it up so you could trade gems for things of use.

Those of you who use it, I'm curious how you use it. What kind of settings do you typically input? Do you use it in survival and how do you keep it balanced in survival?

Heres a list of mods that I have running with the 1.4.6 version of TFC

Jar

-Optifine

-Anything required to be in the jar to run the following mods

Core Mods

-Code Chicken Core

-Not Enough Items

-Dynamic Lights

Mods

-Asgard's shields

-Harken Scythe Mod

-Backpack Mod

-Custom NPC

-Inventory Tweaks

-Medical mod (made by me :D)

-Railcraft

-RopesPlus

-Smart Moving

-Easy Crafting

-TFC Universal

-Thaumcraft 3

-Update Checker Mod

-Xie's Mod

-Rei's Mini map

-Catapult Mod (structure generation is off fo course)

-Dust mod

- Secret Rooms

Of course I needed to make some changes to many config files, I can provide them by private message if anyone is interested. One thing I would like to point out is Xie's Mod. It is unbelievably amazing. It is an API which allows people to create their own items and blocks, (and other stuff) with JSON syntax text files. It's simple to learn and it works great with TFC because you can alter values to allow the items you create to actually have an effect, unlike most other mods that tend to lack that compatibility issue with the TFC health system.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, give my mod a try, update planned for tomorrow night. It's made specifically to work with the TFC health system. Look here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/3258-medical-mod-spmp-146/

I'm curious about the Custom NPC's mod. It seems like it's meant more for creative or adventure maps. I could see how it could be extremely handy though. Especially the trader function. It would be great to set it up so you could trade gems for things of use.

Those of you who use it, I'm curious how you use it. What kind of settings do you typically input? Do you use it in survival and how do you keep it balanced in survival?

Custom NPC's works amazingly, especially when your using multiple mods that usually you would consider incompatible. It allows you to create custom recipes. So if for example you are using thaumcraft with TFC, you wont have access to all the recipes, but you can go into the NPC settings and alter recipes. Then you'll be able to use it at any time on any crafting table. IF I was playing in survival alone, I would most likely not actually use the NPC's to trade with, but just use the recipes.

Heres a list of mods that I have running with the 1.4.6 version of TFC

Thaumcraft 3? Holy crap! How are you getting that to work? When I tested it out I couldn't find any aura nodes and the aura seemed to always be set at a static number no matter where I went. Not to mention none of the Terrafirmacraft blocks and items would have aspects. I did figure out that I could create custom recipes using CubeX's Custom Stuff Mod as a way to get the world gen blocks from Thaumcraft. The custom NPC's mod sounds like it would also help get around this hurdle.

Edit: BTW, your medical mod looks cool and I'm looking forward to trying it out in a new build whenever 76 is released.

When I used custom NPC's, I setup trades for equivalent items between mods for decorative purposes. e.g. Fancy Fences and TFC. Trade one fence post for another. I only made the trades one way from TFC items to the mod. In this way I kept the TFC expierance alive. For immersion I did not add a trader until I achieved the needed technology and built a location for their home/store. Eventually I built a small active village in this manner complete with blacksmith, carpeneter, cooks and more.

Thaumcraft 3? Holy crap! How are you getting that to work? When I tested it out I couldn't find any aura nodes and the aura seemed to always be set at a static number no matter where I went. Not to mention none of the Terrafirmacraft blocks and items would have aspects. I did figure out that I could create custom recipes using CubeX's Custom Stuff Mod as a way to get the world gen blocks from Thaumcraft. The custom NPC's mod sounds like it would also help get around this hurdle.

Edit: BTW, your medical mod looks cool and I'm looking forward to trying it out in a new build whenever 76 is released.

Just tried it out, the main problem is there being no vis crystals, the aura nodes seem to generate just fine though.

Still I tried using the custom stuff mod and never suceeded in anything, if mbolz has it working and could share how I would be grateful.

Smartmoving, Rei's minimap, Matmos, Backpacks! i've tried rope plus too but it doesn't work properly

<p>

Just tried it out, the main problem is there being no vis crystals, the aura nodes seem to generate just fine though. Still I tried using the custom stuff mod and never suceeded in anything, if mbolz has it working and could share how I would be grateful.

Custom Stuff is pretty easy. Not much harder than modifying a config file. The mod.js file is the only one you need to be worried about for modifying recipes. For example, I made it so you can convert TFC sand into vanilla sand by writing this:

// Sand recipe

mod.addShapelessRecipe("12 1",216);

mod.addShapelessRecipe("12 1",217);

// is just descriptive text. 12 is the ID for vanilla sand. 1 represents the number you get back in the crafting recipe. 216 and 217 are the TFC IDs for sand.

I believe Custom NPCs lets you do the same thing but in a GUI method in the Recipes section under the Global tab, which is what mbolz is referring to I think.

Using these methods you can make currently useless things such as gems and certain minerals be crafted into mod items such as Vis Crystals and Silverwood. Of course, the tricky part is coming up with a recipe that retains some sort of believability.

I managed to add Thaumcraft nodes in TFC using the Thaumcraft config file. There's a setting to generate nodes. They don't seem to generate in every world however, and one big issue is nodes won't recharge because there's no crystals in the ground to recharge from, if I understand the Thaumcraft system correctly. I think you could work around it by moving your lab from node to node, draining all the Vis in each node, until you had the research completed to create Vis Crystals. Or you could conceivably use custom stuff or custom npcs to get vanilla dirt and silverwood saplings and plant them in a healthy node. I haven't had a chance to experiment with it much but I plan on doing so soon.

Aura Nodes also recharge other aura nodes nearby, still not a forever solution but you've essentially got an aura pool of whatever node you are in plus all those adjacent in range.

Also I'm not sure where to actually put that mod.js, I understand the syntax but the file doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Custom Stuff says it can also be used to create new generated items(like trees/ores_ but I'm not sure how that TFC and TC would interact for the silverwood/greatwood/vis, I assume it would simply not work.

Aura Nodes also recharge other aura nodes nearby, still not a forever solution but you've essentially got an aura pool of whatever node you are in plus all those adjacent in range.

Also I'm not sure where to actually put that mod.js, I understand the syntax but the file doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Custom Stuff says it can also be used to create new generated items(like trees/ores_ but I'm not sure how that TFC and TC would interact for the silverwood/greatwood/vis, I assume it would simply not work.

If I remember correctly it needs to be generated by the mod. So you install the mod normally in the mods folder as you would expect, then you navigate to your Conf-->CustomStuff-->mods folder and create a folder within it called "MyMod" or whatever you want. Then you run it once and all the folders, including the mod.js file is auto generated. Then you can open up the mod.js file and add any recipes you want. I haven't experimented with actually adding blocks or items but it sounds like it could be pretty easy as well. Much easier than learning Java :)

I'm currently going through the process of coming up with recipes for the nether stuff as well as several mods. It's tough because I've never lasted long enough in Terrafirmacraft to get a firm idea of the rarity of minerals and such. I always get bored with the tedium at some point. I'm hoping being able to add these other mods will keep me going this time.

Ah another folder within the folder within the folder, got it to work, maybe I'll take a look at it some more tomorrow.

I think the gems being used as the crystals would work well theme wise, and it also would seem to be about the same abundance and variety, though it would probably make more sense to have a recipe to change gems into vis crystals so the recipes using those wouldn't need to be changed.

if it was possible to add recipes to the arcane worktable that may make more sense for things from the nether/end, though, I really wouldn't mind a working nether.

I'm using Buildcraft and Railcraft for my SMP Youtube LP series. Railcraft was a fairly easy port, Buildcraft required me to hand-place an oil spawn for us to work with in creative mode, but since BC doesn't require any more world generation than that, it works. I did have to make lots of changes to the config files, of course, and vanilla conversion recipes have to be enabled. Lapis and redstone are possible, though annoying, to get. Vanilla cobblestone can be obtained by getting TFC cobblestone (not stone, cobblestone), which can be acquired by blasting rock with fairly large amounts of TNT...I actually like this mechanic, because then it feels like you're getting some sort of industrial-grade compressed cobblestone instead of just a bunch of cobbled together rock for your BC gears. Glowstone and other such nether-related bricks are, however, impossible through normal means, so they have to be cheated in, although we justify it by "trading" for them. Diamonds are technically possible to get in TFC, though rare as hell, so we're allowing ourselves to trade for those too, but we set the price STEEP to make sure we have to work suitably hard for modern luxuries.

And yes, quarries do work in TFC. And they do give you the appropriate drops.