Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vovk

What other mods do you use with TFC?

96 posts in this topic

Anyone been able to get Zan's Minimap to work with B76 yet? I can't quite seem to get it to go.

Hello everyone. Sorry to kinda necropost this as for my first post in the forum.

With TFC I have :

• Rei's minimap ( don't know if i should feel a cheater)
  • simply horses
  • Leather water sac
  • terrabow
  • woodworking
  • Chest transporter
  • Custom stuff

I'm a bit confused with Custom stuff because i want to a dd a recipe to revert plank blocks into normal planks again. Anyone did that already and could help me pointing at the right direction?

I'm also planning add most of the wood itens as possible fuel (planks and sticks) into the firepit (with reduced burning time of couse).

I'm glad to join the TFC community (altough i'm playing it since MC1.2.5) and hope learn more, discuss things and have fun !! Thanks

i use the addons for terrafirmacraft, all of them (that are updated to the mod version)

I just added the recipes i mention. I'm sharing the text because it's very useful.

//Recipe: plank blocks to planks 9 (2 for 8) because there's a vanilla recipe for button that costs 1 plank block
//oak
mod.addRecipe("16972:0 8", 1, 2, "5:0", "5:0");
//aspen
mod.addRecipe("16972:1 8", 1, 2, "5:1", "5:1");
//birch
mod.addRecipe("16972:2 8", 1, 2, "5:2", "5:2");
//chestnut
mod.addRecipe("16972:3 8", 1, 2, "5:3", "5:3");
//douglas fir
mod.addRecipe("16972:4 8", 1, 2, "5:4", "5:4");
//hickory
mod.addRecipe("16972:5 8", 1, 2, "5:5", "5:5");
//maple
mod.addRecipe("16972:6 8", 1, 2, "5:6", "5:6");
//ash
mod.addRecipe("16972:7 8", 1, 2, "5:7", "5:7");
//pine
mod.addRecipe("16972:8 8", 1, 2, "5:8", "5:8");
//sequoia
mod.addRecipe("16972:9 8", 1, 2, "5:9", "5:9");
//spruce
mod.addRecipe("16972:10 8", 1, 2, "5:10", "5:10");
//sycamore
mod.addRecipe("16972:11 8", 1, 2, "5:11", "5:11");
//white cedar
mod.addRecipe("16972:12 8", 1, 2, "5:12", "5:12");
//white elm
mod.addRecipe("16972:13 8", 1, 2, "5:13", "5:13");
//willow
mod.addRecipe("16972:14 8", 1, 2, "5:14", "5:14");
//kapok
mod.addRecipe("16972:15 8", 1, 2, "5:15", "5:15");

Hello everyone. Sorry to kinda necropost this as for my first post in the forum.

With TFC I have :

• Rei's minimap ( don't know if i should feel a cheater)
  • simply horses
  • Leather water sac
  • terrabow
  • woodworking
  • Chest transporter
  • Custom stuff

I'm a bit confused with Custom stuff because i want to a dd a recipe to revert plank blocks into normal planks again. Anyone did that already and could help me pointing at the right direction?

I'm also planning add most of the wood itens as possible fuel (planks and sticks) into the firepit (with reduced burning time of couse).

I'm glad to join the TFC community (altough i'm playing it since MC1.2.5) and hope learn more, discuss things and have fun !! Thanks

As far as I know most people use a minimap mod, On the one hand I do feel like it's a bit cheaty, on the other the in game maps are so horrible to use that I think it's OK.

For those who mention using railcraft and/or thaumcraft with TFC i have a question. How do you get around the crashes with other mod items that interact with water?

Config stuff I can do, block ID changes I can do, and I can use custom npc's and/or custom stuff to trade TFC items for vanilla or mod worldgen equivalents. I set the trades to a 2 or 4 to 1 trade to keep with the "work for it" feel of TFC.

But as far as I can tell anything that uses water like the steam engines and crucible that need water to work crash the moment you load water into them even with creative mode vanilla water buckets, im assuming because of TFC's changes to how water works.

For anyone using Bibliocraft, the shelves and stuff only work with oak, spruce, birch and kapok wood right? Or if not ,how does it work?

Oak =  Oak 
Aspen = spruce 
Birch = Birch 
Chestnut = jungle 

Alright thanks! You know, I might make a BiblioWoods type thing for TFC... Is anyone interested?

EDIT: Never mind. For public distribution of that, I would need written permission from the creator of Bibliocraft. ANd plus, it's not opensource. 

EDIT 2: Alright, this not being able to see likes thing is really bugging me now.

I use Rei's, Smart Moving, and Damage Indicators. I can't be bothered to try installing Optifine when I don't NEED it.

Is anyone interested in making mAtmos libraries for TFC? Well, I can make those myself pretty much, just need your ideas for quirks and other goodies.

Yes, but that's a long time past talk. I guess, I'll necro this thing and hijack it a bit.

Main thing I want to do is not just port it (which I did myself before Kreicus, but it doesn't matter) but expand on it using TFC blocks and biomes.

If you did, I would definitely love that. MAtmos would fit the TFC feel very much, I think.

Is there anyone who can help me with how to edit "the config file"? For the backpack mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1492661-15x-16x-backpacks-v-11817/

The mod uses vanilla leather, otherwise it's good to go I guess. So could anyone help me with where this "config file" is, and what I should edit? I guess I should replace some item ID (vanilla leather) with another (tfc leather)?

On my server we rock:

TFC- obviously

Computercraft- for the turtles and other functions it addsBuildcraft- mostly for pipes, and ways to move fluids cleanlyRailcraft- trains mostly, but we really only use the storage options that come with itMusic Craft- because drums in minecraft ftwBibliocraft- Awesome way to store and label things (printing press doesnt recognize the TFC ink sac though)Immibis Suite- even more things to do with pipes (includes the best way to get rid of dirt other than building a private island)Extrafirma- Cuz its actually really cool, lanterns look 100x nicer than torchesCraft Heraldy- Everyone likes customization, and these are cheap and easy to useThe only time i have issues is when mods ask for certain things like using iron in a furnace to make steel. no furnace= no mod steel, but we use computers and duplicators to create work arounds for mod materials. 

I use CustomNPCs to become immune to the hatred the devs have against NPCs. I like Archimedes ships too. And I can't live without my lovely Extra Firma.

Unlit torches(challenge)

smart moving(tfc terrain needs lots of jumping and block placing)

Optifine(my computer gives an average of 10 fps)

little maid mod(with 10 hearts, not much for fighting, but still good for cooking, guarding, healing, etc)

flintlock weapons mod(un-op guns, fits with the theme of TFC[in my opinion], can't get till iron stage)

custom Npc(just for the custum crafting)

extra firma(just because)

I'd do zombie awarness as well, but I can't find the 1.6.2 for it so...

i've been using the destruction catalyst mod for the last few days, only because i like making tunnels for rails....

it seems that someone coded this item separate from it's original source, equivalent exchange 2.....

but there are bugs(kinda) when using it...

- some of the rock that gets mined in "harvest" mode is different from what exists in the world  (i.e., conglomerate rock coming from chalk, etc) 

- no gems ever get discovered.....it seems that there is some random chance that gets ignored when using this item.

- bituminous coal and lignite get harvested as bituminous coal and lignite, not as coal when mined with a TFC pickaxe

try at your own risk..... i can turn raw coal into usable coal using minor alchemy, i'll post the .cvl list soon on that site.

i've been using the destruction catalyst mod for the last few days, only because i like making tunnels for rails....

it seems that someone coded this item separate from it's original source, equivalent exchange 2.....

but there are bugs(kinda) when using it...

- some of the rock that gets mined in "harvest" mode is different from what exists in the world  (i.e., conglomerate rock coming from chalk, etc) 

- no gems ever get discovered.....it seems that there is some random chance that gets ignored when using this item.

- bituminous coal and lignite get harvested as bituminous coal and lignite, not as coal when mined with a TFC pickaxe

try at your own risk..... i can turn raw coal into usable coal using minor alchemy, i'll post the .cvl list soon on that site.

The bugs you are experiencing are probably because the destruction catalyst breaks the block using the explosion mechanic, and not the mining mechanic. What you are experiencing is the same bugs that used to happen if a creeper blew up an area.