Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
mvdhoning

feed the beast mod launcher?

61 posts in this topic

@Jasnatdic:

I quote Bioxx (since you didn't read the link included earlier in this thread):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Closing this thread because the thread title suggests an illegal activity.

Also, I do not support modpacks of any kind. This includes technic.

As to MDub's installer, I am not against automated installers as long as the mod zips or not distributed along with it and the source is available for interested parties to look at. I have thought about doing something like that at some point anyways.

That said, MultiMC is extremely easy to use. There is no real NEED for a one click solution. Maybe some wants because a few folks can't be bothered to read 4 lines of instructions, but not a need for one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, there have been no assumptions. READ!

Also as far as I can tell, nobody on this thread mentioned how people should die if they can not figure out how to set up TFC on their own. To even say something like that is incredibly insensitive and shameful.

There is something to be said for working hard for something you want. I think a LOT of people now adays want everything handed to them on a silver platter with little to no work. I was one of those people who at one point found it a daunting task to open up the .jar and put forge in there and put a file in mods. I was like "I'm going to scew this up!"

But I wanted to play a mod so badly that it came down to LEARN HOW TO DO IT OR DON'T PLAY IT!

Also, as far as putting TFC in a modpack (Like Technic, FTB, etc...), I would like to point out that I have played the SHIAT out of Yogbox. I loved it. But I have never once been on the Yogcast forums, and I don't even know who the YogCast is! I know of them, but not about them. Need I say more?

Yeah, I like modpacks but I've no problem with Bioxx's feelings on it, he's stated a couple times he's not going to work on compatibility with any other mods as any sort of priority so regardless of everything else a modpack even if it was used by someone without Bioxx's permission would likely be too much work getting around what's already been done. I'm fine with this.

There are less than a handful of mods I'd like to play with TFC and most of them would require actually being redesigned by Bioxx to function. lol

Edit: The Bioxx post says no packs, he doesn't want to be limited by being tied to someone. The launcher isn't the same thing he could still code how he wants.

Seriously does nobody read my posts? Are too wall-ish? The launcher auto-updates, we don't need to conform to anyones rules of coding, and we aren't ruled by the tyrannical technic team. What am I missing?

achartan: That is fantastic that you are doing that however any businessman knows that you can not only advertise in one place you are only reaching part of your intended audience. Not to mention those who see it twice and are further impressed by us. That we have video advertisements is a necessity, but having both is an amazing luxury we could have for free.

@Jasnatdic:

I quote Bioxx

Yes, I know the quote, and it is still an assumption to presume how Bioxx would feel toward FTB as a launcher platform, and since you apparently didn't read the last part of my post I'll reiterate It is likely based upon past posts by Bioxx that he would be apposed to TFC being in a launcher. Sitting here screaming at other people in text raging that they don't see it your way is kinda silly.

Bioxx has been known to change his mind on things several times based upon feedback from his community, and as I said above; It would be both beneficial to TFC however premature for it to be in any kind of pack on the FTB launcher in its current state of development.

Also, as Renadi stated just above me here, there aren't more than a few mods that would even fit with TFC so it wouldn't be as much of a mod-pack as it would be a launcher option.

achartan: That is fantastic that you are doing that however any businessman knows that you can not only advertise in one place you are only reaching part of your intended audience. Not to mention those who see it twice and are further impressed by us. That we have video advertisements is a necessity, but having both is an amazing luxury we could have for free.

I agree that we should advertise in more than one place, I just feel a launcher wouldn't be an ideal place for advertisements, because it then has the issue of creating a "true" TFC player base and an FTB based TFC player base that likely will be people playing the mod through the launcher most of the time and not seeing how awesome this mod actually is beyond what is in the game itself (which is incredibly awesome alone).

Here are a few other ways we could advertise...

- as I said, making high quality ads or shorts to put on youtube and other places around the internet. (maybe even a few of these made by the community dubbed as "official" by Bioxx and the rest of the team)

- Get more Let's plays up, this one is very community driven and wouldn't really require Bioxx to do anything extra.

- High quality still ads that can be spread around on the internet, but preferably not as website ads, because those have a negative stigma.

- Not sure if we have these already, but some banners for people to put in their sigs on other forums (especially the MC forums) and then strongly encourage their use.

- (this one is less reliable and may not be a possibility, but I'll throw it out there anyways) Ask prominent (not sure how, I just use youtube to watch stuff, not as communication. So I don't know if there is a PM system.) you-tubers to review/LP/spotlight this mod. This would entail ridiculous exposure but of course depends on if the you-tuber is willing to actually do this.

- If I have more ideas I'll add them

Oh my god can we get this thread closed already? Bioxx has previously stated his thoughts on this before, not just about technic/tekkit and this thread is hurtling ever faster into flame war territory if not just a giant "Hur hur fuck technic, FTB is best" circle jerk that I predicted two days ago.

Achartran is right, if publicity is something that is really a concern right now then there are a great number of ways of increasing that without resorting to something that Bioxx has previously stated he has in intent on doing. Hell, message Direwolf20, ask him to do an updated mod spotlight, he does update ones all the time, that is at most 88,253 subscribers finding out about this mod and word of mouth from that would drastically increase that number again. Hell, it would allow Bioxx to update his OP on the MCF with a video that is more up to date on features and changes.

Other majorly popular mods (RP2, IC2, BC2, TC1-2-3, EE1-2-3, Forestry, etc) never relied on a third party installer to get to their current levels of popularity, why is it that TFC needs to join up with FTB, or any launcher or mod pack for that matter, to gain popularity. Everyone else was able to do it via word of mouth, forum banners and LP spotlights.

Again, requesting this thread closed before it becomes another Tekkit-FTB echo-chamber. :/

Oh my god can we get this thread closed already? Bioxx has previously stated his thoughts on this before, not just about technic/tekkit and this thread is hurtling ever faster into flame war territory if not just a giant "Hur hur fuck technic, FTB is best" circle jerk that I predicted two days ago.

Achartran is right, if publicity is something that is really a concern right now then there are a great number of ways of increasing that without resorting to something that Bioxx has previously stated he has in intent on doing. Hell, message Direwolf20, ask him to do an updated mod spotlight, he does update ones all the time, that is at most 88,253 subscribers finding out about this mod and word of mouth from that would drastically increase that number again. Hell, it would allow Bioxx to update his OP on the MCF with a video that is more up to date on features and changes.

Other majorly popular mods (RP2, IC2, BC2, TC1-2-3, EE1-2-3, Forestry, etc) never relied on a third party installer to get to their current levels of popularity, why is it that TFC needs to join up with FTB, or any launcher or mod pack for that matter, to gain popularity. Everyone else was able to do it via word of mouth, forum banners and LP spotlights.

Again, requesting this thread closed before it becomes another Tekkit-FTB echo-chamber. :/

I second that motion :) for the love of Pete.

And Jas... I'm not raging, Captain Silly-Pants. I think it was the first line you posted that bothered me. I don't think anyone here feels that way about others not being able to hook up TFC the way it has to be done now. The beginning of your post sounded condescending and while people may disagree with the viewpoints of others, I think it is good to agree to disagree and at least keep it polite. I did read your post in its entirety. You made good points. But the first line sucked. When i put in all caps LEARN HOW TO DO IT OR DON'T PLAY IT!!! it was the realization that I had to actually learn how to do something in order to get something. Not yelling at you or others. Just wanted to clarify. I don't rage. It takes up too much energy. SOmething I don't have much of anymore. ;)

GAME ON!

Last comment then I will ignore the thread how about that. People stopped listening to me a while ago anyways you are all pretty set on your opinions and I respect that but must at least have my thoughts known. I'll make it s quick and painless summary.

Other advertising?

This pack would be a boost to our player-base. In any matter we will reach people we wouldn't reach otherwise. By all means message Direwolf! Message the Yogscast! Message Gamechap! But I can't wait for a good video, literally I can't wait. We have one of the greatest mods out there and we are only reaching a fraction of the modding community because we are afraid of a non-existent one-sided flame-war. I have yet to see anyone argue for the technic pack even its developers just say "Don't talk about that". Instead we want to sit on our butts and patiently wait while someone is out donating to inferior mods. (strong word choice but you get my point)

Negative Connotations?

Listen closely to this next line it is important, if not the most important point I will make. We wait to see how people react to this pack, I said this a couple times already. We wait to see what it becomes and if it is well liked by players right now it is well liked by most people who have seen it.

Not true fans?

Real easy answer, take your pick extra people with half allegiance or no new people at all. Lets be honest anyways like you said earlier this pack will die when the API comes unless they implement a meta-mod which is looking less and less likely. After that they all come to us.

Conclusion

make money, get b******.

Just kidding about the conclusion, kind of....

Don't think advertizing is a huge problem, I found this mod when searching for a mod that provides caveins. If something that simple is bringing me here, then I imagine the other many keywords that also find this mod on google will provide advertizing as well.

However, I will point out that anyone concerned that the mod isn't getting the face recognition it needs should probably do something about it; post about it on other threads, make videos, a blog detailing the progress of a group playing a LAN game, whatever.

The point of getting TFC onto FTB isn't the easiness of installing these mods; it's the popularity that will come from TFC appearing inside the launcher itself, giving incentive for anyone with FTB to try out TFC

WHY THE HELL would someone want too join this group i have know clue and personally i dont see a bunch of ppl joining yall if ur just going too sit there and dis them the first post they make. Personally i wouldnt suggest this mod too anyone, yes its a great mod but the comunity on the forums are dicks probley going too get banned but oh well not like I will be playing this game anyways B)

WHY THE HELL would someone want too join this group i have know clue and personally i dont see a bunch of ppl joining yall if ur just going too sit there and dis them the first post they make. Personally i wouldnt suggest this mod too anyone, yes its a great mod but the comunity on the forums are dicks probley going too get banned but oh well not like I will be playing this game anyways B)

Oh hey! There's THAT guy in here again!

frankly most people over the age of 7 have better spelling and grammar than you do, so I don't think many people have anything to worry about.

But.. what is this? A period AND a comma? All in one post. Jale we only did it to help. ;) It looks like it worked. Listen don't take it personally. If I posted 10 lines without commas and periods and mispelled every third word my ass would be up a flagpole too. It's not you... it's probley your grammar.

I only ever really see a select group of people getting messed with on the forums and that's just the ones who join, write a suggestion post or five that has already been suggested, and then talk about how they're multimillionaire programmers who could do a better job than the devs and don't really want to play this game anyways.

You know? the trick about saying you will leave a forum 'cause of how dick it's community is, is NOT to post on it again. If you say you will leave because we ask you to write minimally right so we get what you say, then leave. The world won't stop spining 'cause you scream at it because of it's size, neither will we stop being dicks 'cause of you bitching about it. So, why the f+ck to bother? ;)

frankly most people over the age of 7 have better spelling and grammar than you do, so I don't think many people have anything to worry about.

now tisk tisk and ur supposed too be staff. wow seems too me that someone is upset, also i am over the age of 7 im 19yr old sooo im pretty sure u do got something too worrry about silly. if u trully wanted new players i would suggest being a little kinder then what has be done, on the other hand like Menoch has stated that everyone was trying too help me with my grammer. wether that be kind help or, troll help, maybe even someone given some help that was really harsh. but ether way most of it was very closed minded, and well should of been maybe a little more open minded not everyone grew up like u did and u also didnt grow up like everyone else did. we are each different in our on ways it would be boring if we weren't :P

now tisk tisk and ur supposed too be staff. wow seems too me that someone is upset, also i am over the age of 7 im 19yr old sooo im pretty sure u do got something too worrry about silly. if u trully wanted new players i would suggest being a little kinder then what has be done, on the other hand like Menoch has stated that everyone was trying too help me with my grammer. wether that be kind help or, troll help, maybe even someone given some help that was really harsh. but ether way most of it was very closed minded, and well should of been maybe a little more open minded not everyone grew up like u did and u also didnt grow up like everyone else did. we are each different in our on ways it would be boring if we weren't :P

My brain just died from trying to decipher what you just posted.

You know? the trick about saying you will leave a forum 'cause of how dick it's community is, is NOT to post on it again. If you say you will leave because we ask you to write minimally right so we get what you say, then leave. The world won't stop spining 'cause you scream at it because of it's size, neither will we stop being dicks 'cause of you bitching about it. So, why the f+ck to bother? ;)

lol silly I never said i was leaveing the forums what I said is im leaveing the mod, doesnt mean i cant state how i feel. I could of swore thats excatly what u and alot of others were doing on my first post? so i do believe i have my right too also post how i feel and what my opinion is as well.

lol silly I never said i was leaveing the forums what I said is im leaveing the mod, doesnt mean i cant state how i feel. I could of swore thats excatly what u and alot of others were doing on my first post? so i do believe i have my right too also post how i feel and what my opinion is as well.

That wasn't so bad, was it? I understood what you said! You get a like just because of that

So the forum made you mad, so you're not going to play the mod anymore, but you're sticking around the forums? An odd but zesty choice.

So the forum made you mad, so you're not going to play the mod anymore, but you're sticking around the forums? An odd but zesty choice.

Dude you said Zesty. Word of the day is now ZESTY!

Jale. Don't stop playing the mod because we tweaked your giblets. That isn't doing anything other than depriving you of some gaming goodness. For what it's worth I am glad you havent run off crying. You have survived a hazing! ;)

well ty but im not staying i dont feel very welcome here so ima go back too tekkit

'nough quoted.

Dude you said Zesty. Word of the day is now ZESTY!

Jale. Don't stop playing the mod because we tweaked your giblets. That isn't doing anything other than depriving you of some gaming goodness. For what it's worth I am glad you havent run off crying. You have survived a hazing! ;)

well thank you very much and yes i would rather put my opinion out there instead of playing the mod mainly for the reason i wouldnt want anotherr new member too feel as if they just hit a troll fest and truthfully thats exactly how i felt, and yes i have taken ur stuff into consideration at least about the commas and periods. also i personally dont leave something just becouse im being the target, usally that just fires me up im not one of those ppl that just give up on something when being attacked whether that be physical or verbal. also someone asked on my orginal post what would make my spelling at least bad. well dear person i was put into fostercare at age 9 and left at age 18 1/2. now with that said i was also molested in that government funded system, and yes i was younger then i am now so i just wanted too get out of school, didnt think it was important and what not like most teen. also since i was in fostercare and yes i did get appoved for haveing a learning curve on spelling, math, and grammer but instead of teaching me this they gave me the answer too my tests. which since i was young and stupid i excepted it all though highschool and never really learned what i needed too learn, instead i learned how too stab someone and get away with it and leave no trace of what the person was stabed with from the programs that the usa govenment put me in. so there u got a little taste of my younger years, hopefully everyone now will have a little bit of a open mind that not everyone is brought up the same

omg i know its crazy sounding BUT there are DECENT NON GREIFING SERVERS in Tekkit. i was playing on one before i came here, we had 1 admin and they never really had too come on unless a howler or something went off from nuclear powered stuff and everyone was very kind too me when i joined as well. heck one person even gave me a eletric jetpack when i joined. also u didnt have premium acounts ether on it everyone had the same powers as everyone else except the 1 admin and like i said before really never came on unless we needed him to. the server also had about 10 pplz on most of the day as well, wasnt a huge server but they were very freindly. so in truth if i had felt compelled too play tekkit which i was i would of just had too go back too that server or play another game from steam i have alot of diffrent games so even if i dont play this mod i can play other games like killing floor, left 4

dead 2, torchlight 1or 2, or even any of my games i dont have too have a building game too have fun

well thank you very much and yes i would rather put my opinion out there instead of playing the mod mainly for the reason i wouldnt want anotherr new member too feel as if they just hit a troll fest and truthfully thats exactly how i felt, and yes i have taken ur stuff into consideration at least about the commas and periods. also i personally dont leave something just becouse im being the target, usally that just fires me up im not one of those ppl that just give up on something when being attacked whether that be physical or verbal. also someone asked on my orginal post what would make my spelling at least bad. well dear person i was put into fostercare at age 9 and left at age 18 1/2. now with that said i was also molested in that government funded system, and yes i was younger then i am now so i just wanted too get out of school, didnt think it was important and what not like most teen. also since i was in fostercare and yes i did get appoved for haveing a learning curve on spelling, math, and grammer but instead of teaching me this they gave me the answer too my tests. which since i was young and stupid i excepted it all though highschool and never really learned what i needed too learn, instead i learned how too stab someone and get away with it and leave no trace of what the person was stabed with from the programs that the usa govenment put me in. so there u got a little taste of my younger years, hopefully everyone now will have a little bit of a open mind that not everyone is brought up the same

Ok... well... this thread has long since derailed and the train is now taking a boat....

Jale... I'm going to give you a little advice. Take it for what it is worth, and in the end, remember opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

You have learned a lot, earlier than a lot of people do, that this world can suck, can be a huge pile of dung, and that the animal kingdom and the streets of men are not far apart one from another. there is a food chain in both and the weak get preyed on by the predators.

But you, being an individual of accountancy before the eyes of men, have a decision to make. Make an excuse for your shortcomings, and that will be all that lines your pockets in life. However, take those things that have put you where you are today, and make them the fire that fuels your ambition to achieve what you were not privy to growing up.

At the end of the day, the only one that will determine whether or not you fail in life is going to be yourself. It is better to fail at something knowing you have tried, than to fail at something you never tried for. We all have our war stories and our tear stained sleeves, EVERYONE. So pick your ass up out of the mud and chin up, little camper. ;) We may seem like a buncha jerks and trolls, and that's because we are! But besides that.. we're not too bad.

And remember this as well.

too = also For example... I want to go for a ride too.

to = an adverb or expression of motion. I went to the fair.

or;

To = Japanese kana

remember 1 "o" more than you need will spread mass confusion and chaos!