Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
mvdhoning

feed the beast mod launcher?

61 posts in this topic

well thank you very much and yes i would rather put my opinion out there instead of playing the mod mainly for the reason i wouldnt want anotherr new member too feel as if they just hit a troll fest and truthfully thats exactly how i felt, and yes i have taken ur stuff into consideration at least about the commas and periods. also i personally dont leave something just becouse im being the target, usally that just fires me up im not one of those ppl that just give up on something when being attacked whether that be physical or verbal. also someone asked on my orginal post what would make my spelling at least bad. well dear person i was put into fostercare at age 9 and left at age 18 1/2. now with that said i was also molested in that government funded system, and yes i was younger then i am now so i just wanted too get out of school, didnt think it was important and what not like most teen. also since i was in fostercare and yes i did get appoved for haveing a learning curve on spelling, math, and grammer but instead of teaching me this they gave me the answer too my tests. which since i was young and stupid i excepted it all though highschool and never really learned what i needed too learn, instead i learned how too stab someone and get away with it and leave no trace of what the person was stabed with from the programs that the usa govenment put me in. so there u got a little taste of my younger years, hopefully everyone now will have a little bit of a open mind that not everyone is brought up the same

Okay. Sorry for the kind of life you had. Now, explain the relation this has with what we have been telling you. We don't ask you to use perfect grammar; we always make mistakes ourselves. We don't treat you any different from anyone else, neither before or after you say this; all get the same treatment, it depends on the new user to get dick comments or friendly comments. We firstly asked you to try your best at writing your posts as understandable as possible; that's when you commented this:

yes english is my native language i just wasnt very good at grammer in school but in my personal opinion u shouldnt judge someone just becouse they type wrong on the internet u never know i could be a genius in real life lol very unlikely though :)

Was transcegopher harsh when talking to you? yes. However, a better course of action on your part would have been simply ignoring him. Instead, you placed yourself as a victim from his all powerful judgement. What i mean is, he asked if you weren't a native english speaker (the goddammit was because of how illegible he found your posts), and you accused him of judging you by how you wrote. He judged your writing, not you. That there was your mistake, and that mistake is what started the real dick comments...

Moving on. After a row of posts critizicing your grammar (harder comments this time), you started answering. Come on, you don't need college titles and grades, but common sense and maturity, to realise that's a bad idea. You kept placing yourself as a victim of someone else's judgement. Renadi then brought up what became the second thing we asked you to do: respect, and how the way you acted was disrespectful. You went a little mad because of that... that's when you said you would leave:

i dont see excatly how that is disrespect its not like my grammerr is unreadable i make little typeing errors or like someone said i dont put commas alot of the time or periods also im pretty sure ima go back too tekkit i came here thinking i would get away from the stupid crap of pplz being judgemental and what not i can have the same thing in tekkit but i have other i know and have spent time with and i know wont judge me becouse of little typeing errors

THIS PEOPLE IS HOW U LOSS NEW MEMBERS TOO UR COMUNTIY

well ty but im not staying i dont feel very welcome here so ima go back too tekkit

And i honestly get why you went mad; you don't know how to do something right, keep telling people that, and someone repentinely says you are being disrespectful when not doing it right. But this was just infantile; if you disagree with someone, you can't just leave the room because of that. Obviously, there was pressure around you, 'cause people kept going with the harsh grammar comments; but at the end, it was still your decision.

Then you left the thread, and we kept going making fun of your rage quit from the mod (and forums, as a lot of us thought) altogether. And then, we moved on in other conversations; as i said before, the world is not gonna stop 'cause you leave it behind. Until you decided to come on this thread:

WHY THE HELL would someone want too join this group i have know clue and personally i dont see a bunch of ppl joining yall if ur just going too sit there and dis them the first post they make. Personally i wouldnt suggest this mod too anyone, yes its a great mod but the comunity on the forums are dicks probley going too get banned but oh well not like I will be playing this game anyways B)

And as you can see, you started fighting back in a war you yourself started and fleed of.

Why this analisis of what happened on your first day here? so you see your actions leaded to this. Not your writing, not our dickness, your own decisions. A sad backstory is just that, a sad backstory. It's no excuse for what you do. We asked you to be respectful, not because your writting skills are lame, but because of the condescending actitude you were having ("You are attacking my writing? moderators! moderators! come here and arrest this men, he's judging me for how i write").

In short, take some responsability for what you provoke, don't just go around, blaming of judgement anyone who critizise what you do, and playing the victim role. If that's how you manage in a forum, the only way i can imagine for you to live in society is away from it.

Can this thread get deleted yet? It is past even the derailing of the topic's original intent. Do we really need a thread for Jale, this could all be handled using private messages if things are just going to be about bickering with him over nonsense.

sigh ... i thought i asked a simple question?

:-(

Mods please lock this post.

"if people can't figure out how to install TFC they need to die and they suck to much to figure out TFC anyway"

But installing TFC is still the easiest part of playing TFC anyway, so 'ere you go.

Edit:

-snippety sniperly snip-

Y'know what? If a guy like you tells me I'm a troll, I'll definitely prove him that I indeed am.

lol We're not really any kinder to ourselves than this new one, I think we've been pretty fair.

Also, I'm really upset with the use of troll, do people these days just use that for any person that annoys them?

Okay, it's enough with jale. I'm gonna quote the message he send me just today.

hello I just wanted to tell u, and alot of the others that i have taken your information into consideration. as well I will try to be well, lol more open too seeing things that say and how they may or may not effect others reactions. truthfully I was acting like a 7 year old, and I apologize to everyone for how i was acting

(i erased some parts which really had no importance to the situation)

He already apologized, admitted his mistake, and hopefully, he won't make it again. We ourselves have to apoligize with him as well, as we were pretty harsh with him as well, and not precisely "mature"; knwing i may sound like a moralfag, it's not right to make fun of him. I myself already apologized, so it's up to the rest of you guys to send him a MP.

And now, FINALLY, we can get this thread closed, and leave all this jale thing behind. If you still can't stand the way he writes, take in count that he isn't close minded, and will take in count your advise; if you feel like it, try and help him to correct his grammar.

EDIT:

Also, I'm really upset with the use of troll, do people these days just use that for any person that annoys them?

It has lost it's meaning due to auto-declared "trolls" that just go by there, entering someone's youtube channel and screaming as much insults as their little minds know (that sometimes aren't anything more than "f+ck", "shit" and combinations of these two).

It has lost it's meaning due to auto-declared "trolls" that just go by there, entering someone's youtube channel and screaming as much insults as their little minds know (that sometimes aren't anything more than "f+ck", "shit" and combinations of these two).

But what it used to be is to place single innocent-looking message that will cause people to facilitate further discussion into excessive use of words "f+ck", "shit" and combinations of these two. Sad thins happened.

But what it used to be is to place single innocent-looking message that will cause people to facilitate further discussion into excessive use of words "f+ck", "shit" and combinations of these two. Sad thins happened.

Yes, but that's the thing. A real troll is the one who needs no use of any insult to drive people into a rage and flame war even after he left. Today's troll is the guy you later laugh of :

Jale.

When you post, think of how you would say it aloud, and put a comma every time you would pause. They might not be correct, but they will help.

Try to put a period at the end of every idea.

Once your done, look over your post to see if anything is underlined in red. Right click and click the correct spelling.

It might take a bit longer, but it will make your posts so much nicer. Please.

I just got a headache from reading all the unread posts in this thread x/ Urf... Anyways as halfmaster1 posted, Jade= use that spell checker, add few dots and commas where they should be. Use nice text, dont use any weird internet slang=we are not native english speakers everyone here so it helps to understand you :) and btw... ive been in one tekkit server so far where i didnt got griefed, usually guys who grief me tend to be 10-15 young who dond't want to make stuff by them selfs, like RP2 motors and magnettubes :/ and OPs/ admins tend to be same age group with them so me(almost 30) i noticed not to fit there :D Hopes high that FTB runs tekkit to the ground...