Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puxapuak

Log placing

12 posts in this topic

This is a really minor detail, but also one that could be easily changed. I searched around in the directory and search function, but there are a lot of related posts so it was a nightmare to see if this had already come up.

How many times do you place a log and want it to be a tree? How many times do you place a log and want it to be a pile of logs? I suggest a switch... shift-click to place an actual tree block, regular click just places a log pile.

This is a really minor detail, but also one that could be easily changed. I searched around in the directory and search function, but there are a lot of related posts so it was a nightmare to see if this had already come up.

How many times do you place a log and want it to be a tree? How many times do you place a log and want it to be a pile of logs? I suggest a switch... shift-click to place an actual tree block, regular click just places a log pile.

I think it had to do with log piles though. Shift clicking used to be used to place a log pile on another log pile without opening the inventory, so you wouldn't be able to do that otherwise

I think it had to do with log piles though. Shift clicking used to be used to place a log pile on another log pile without opening the inventory, so you wouldn't be able to do that otherwise

Ahh, I see. But you can't do that now anyway, so could this be changed? (It really sucks for people who click far faster than their reaction time.)

since adding a log to a pile is rarely used (you just open it and drop all), we can switch:

right click - place pile, with shift - place tree, no log in hand open gui as now.

Now sure if anyone is using the add log to pile option instead of throwing it all in the gui, so why no remove it at all?

now i can speak for at least 20+ people i've met in my short dabble in the servers, and every single one of them wants to place a pile, then immediately open the gui with said log, but instead they gotta switch to a different slot first, it'd be a lot more logical if you shift click for log pile, and right click with log on logpile for GUI, and right click on non log pile for placing a log. (or am i just being stupid again? :D)

now i can speak for at least 20+ people i've met in my short dabble in the servers, and every single one of them wants to place a pile, then immediately open the gui with said log, but instead they gotta switch to a different slot first, it'd be a lot more logical if you shift click for log pile, and right click with log on logpile for GUI, and right click on non log pile for placing a log. (or am i just being stupid again? :D)

I've always placed logs manually, I never open the GUI and dump them. O.o

Placing the logs manually can take too long. Time can be sensitive. Like when making a charcoal pit more than two layers high, if you move fast you can place a log pile over the firepit, quicky access the gui to fill the pit then quickly place another logpile before the whole thing catches fire. If you take too long you can't place the second logpile because you can't place logpiles on a burning block..

Placing the logs manually can take too long. Time can be sensitive. Like when making a charcoal pit more than two layers high, if you move fast you can place a log pile over the firepit, quicky access the gui to fill the pit then quickly place another logpile before the whole thing catches fire. If you take too long you can't place the second logpile because you can't place logpiles on a burning block..

How are you placing the logs?

I always place the logs on top of the fire-pit last, that way covering the pit with dirt is the only thing left, so I don't get any fire at all.

Well, yeah. But you still have to light the campfire before placing the last logs.

Maybe instead of shift clicking, using a mode key like for the chisel. Pressing m changes from log placement to log pile placement.

Maybe instead of shift clicking, using a mode key like for the chisel. Pressing m changes from log placement to log pile placement.

Yeah, this is a good way to change between placing modes.

Agreed, I like that better. I hope Dunk sees that...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0