Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
killster550

Naval suggestions

103 posts in this topic

SPOON everyone! PARTY TIME!!!

'Sakuya might get angry.'

pfft, worse has happened. I once set my [CENSORED] on fire with a [REDACTED] and then [EXPLICATIVE] my [EXPUNGED] because it [DATA LOST] too.

bed lighter sucked thumb burned

aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, back to topic, y we no have better boats yet :D (and the double posting is because i first type a response to stuff, then make my own comment, but seriously, WHATS THE BIGASS DEAL WITH DOUBLE POSTS! it depends on whats IN the post

you can edit posts with content or even multiquote in thease forums. there is no reason for half of your posts to be useless doubleposts. ;P

we dont have better boats because we dont NEED them, and therefore attention to that detail is low.

you can edit posts with content or even multiquote in thease forums. there is no reason for half of your posts to be useless doubleposts. ;P

we dont have better boats because we dont NEED them, and therefore attention to that detail is low.

actually im getting a 50|50 feeling here, half of the forum go'ers do want it, half doesnt because it'd be useless, but the majority of the actual players want it as well (consensus formed in over 40 packed servers both vanilla and TFC) in TFC it'd be even more of an item because of higher chance of running into large oceans in your travels

they want it, but its not necessarily needed.

so is a forge not needed, or a bloomery, or a quern, or a chisel, yet their all there. it'd bring a LOT more believability into minecraft if anytime you saw water, your thoughts would be more than: goddammit, now how am i gonna get my stuff across to the next island? or : ANOTHER FRIKKIN OCEAN!

they want it, but its not necessarily needed.

are huge galleons needed? No! too big, overly complicated and most likely not worth the effort. both when it comes to coding and building them in game.

are small ships needed? maybe! introduce Kingdoms to this and things get interesting! imagine two kingdoms with a huge ocean in between. you want to establish trade between these two kingdoms. an inventory full of goods is not enough for such a long journey. you build a boat (which should stay around 3 or 4 blocks long and 2 blocks wide) to carry all that goods and make the journey profitable.

Or maybe you just really want to explore for hours in single player without building shelters every 10th minute.

Are canoes needed? they'd be the logical replacement of the nonsence vanilla boat that races across the oceans without any means of actual propulsion! heck the player doesn't even take a sweat from it!

As kilster said, they might not be a crucial part of the survival part in tfc like weapons and food but there's a load of stuff in tfc that players can do without and still successfully play the game, although most likely have a slightly more boring experience!

I had written a reply, but I guess it never got though. Damnit.

the gist of the post that never came to be was that I cant see this as being high priority. I do want this, just as much as everyone else, but for now we HAVE a boat.

I had written a reply, but I guess it never got though. Damnit.

the gist of the post that never came to be was that I cant see this as being high priority. I do want this, just as much as everyone else, but for now we HAVE a boat.

Oh yeah! i deffinetly understand that and agree with you. i hope bioxx have a big 'ol list of suggestions he likes and prioritizes them well.

If I was part of one of two kingdoms separated by an ocean that wanted constant trade, I'd negotiate for assistance in building a two lane rail bridge across it.

so is a forge not needed, or a bloomery, or a quern, or a chisel, yet their all there. it'd bring a LOT more believability into minecraft if anytime you saw water, your thoughts would be more than: goddammit, now how am i gonna get my stuff across to the next island? or : ANOTHER FRIKKIN OCEAN!

the more you post, the less I'm beginning to like you. Stop complaining.

the more you post, the less I'm beginning to like you. Stop complaining.

i wasnt complaining about the mod, i was merely responding upon the previous persons post that a naval update would not be needed in the slightest? so far as i've noticed, its one of the most controversial parts about Minecraft in general, yet no official signal is given wether there should be a change or not, so it escalated into a dispute.

dont get me wrong, im not (trying to) complain about your mod in the slightest, this is just another suggestion that either gets shot down or not.

'i wasnt complaining about the mod, i was merely responding upon the previous persons post that a naval update would not be needed in the slightest?'

another damned misunderstanding...

I was saying that I can not come to see a new boat system being made FOR THE TIME BEING as we HAVE a FUNCTIONAL boat from vanilla and thus do not need to add a new one until some more of the LAND BASED mechanics are finished off/fleshed out. My opinion of course.

'i wasnt complaining about the mod, i was merely responding upon the previous persons post that a naval update would not be needed in the slightest?'

another damned misunderstanding...

I was saying that I can not come to see a new boat system being made FOR THE TIME BEING as we HAVE a FUNCTIONAL boat from vanilla and thus do not need to add a new one until some more of the LAND BASED mechanics are finished off/fleshed out. My opinion of course.

and my opinion on your opinion is that even though it is FUNCTIONAL it is nothing more than that, its barely more than a brick in a puddle, there is a LOT of potential with the waters of TFC, and many a server has large stretches of ocean blocking progression without admin intervention, basically half the maps have a large ocean close to the spawn region, but the only thing you can do with it is grab a floating brick and see what happens, if you starve to death first or find an island in the middle of nowhere :D

I think your next dev phase after Kingdoms should be:

Beta 4: Liquids and bodies!!!

It would focus on:

• Finite-type liquid
  • Oceans filling into rivers which fill into ponds which fill into more rivers
  • Waves that spawn water
  • Undersea life
  • Boats and more
  • Fishing
  • Coral reefs and the such
  • Swimming/diving
  • SEAWEED! YAY SUSHI!!!
  • Salt
  • Water cleanliness
  • PIRATES!!!

I think your next dev phase after Kingdoms should be:

Beta 4: Liquids and bodies!!!

It would focus on:

• Finite-type liquid
  • Oceans filling into rivers which fill into ponds which fill into more rivers
  • Waves that spawn water
  • Undersea life
  • Boats and more
  • Fishing
  • Coral reefs and the such
  • Swimming/diving
  • SEAWEED! YAY SUSHI!!!
  • Salt
  • Water cleanliness
  • PIRATES!!!
fishing, seaweed and undersea life are planned.

Oceans almost never flow UP river.

Bioxx says no NPCs period, so no pirates either.

that implies new boats :D and even if there are none, WATER WILL BECOME INTERESTING! FFS YEA

that implies new boats :D and even if there are none, WATER WILL BECOME INTERESTING! FFS YEA

it does NOT imply new boats. It only implies fishing, seaweed and sea life. If I was trying to imply something, I would have said it outright.

it does NOT imply new boats. It only implies fishing, seaweed and sea life. If I was trying to imply something, I would have said it outright.

let me rephrase that, you guys DO have water improvements on mind, which opens the avenue for boating to be suggested and considered :D

i bet he's gonna add a hangar carrier.

Because of reasons!

How in the name of red steel are we going to catch and cook big sea life with one tiny boat smaller than most of them?

I'll probably use my javelins; I've been using them on squids thus far and their effectiveness is only matched by their simplicity to make.

Ruhl4 stabs the Shark with his -stone javelin-!

The Shark smashes the boat and eats Ruhl4!

Ruhl4 has been struck down.