Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
renadi

CLOSED -Carpe Aurum- [Extra Firma] [Archimedes' Ships] [Carpenter's Blocks] [Smart Moving]

581 posts in this topic

well this kinda makes me sad. wish renadi was here today. hope your not gone too long man. theres been a lot of people waiting for this server.

This server runs nicely. Even with 14 people on at once I don't notice any block lag. What hosting do you use?

Just need to find a way to automatically detect server crashes and restart, or a way to automatically restart every 2 hours or something like that.

well it usually doesnt crash unless someone does something that causes it too. i think its because breaking tool racks crashes the server... some people have been having that problem. :/

so i hope that people will read this and next time the server is back up stop breaking tool racks... but idk what it really is. since the person who does it never actually tells so we cant fix it.

i didn't knew this, fortunately i'm parsimonious, so before placing a tool rack i want to be sure that in future it will not necessary to possibly break it, because i hate wasting materials :P i will spread the word ingame

What's the deal with the town mod? When I try /t new it always tells me I'm too close to another town, yet I'm over 3000 blocks from spawn and /t map shows all underscores around me. I want to start building above ground so protection would be nice.

ok if your too close still that means there is another town near again on another side. and they can be anywhere. :/ and smart moving is allowed. but i dont think its on the server.

I did stumble upon FortHeart just about 1000 blocks from where I was trying to set up, I didn't realize you had to be that far away. Guess I have to keep going further to make my own town. I guess because that town is so huge.

yes prolly and sorry i have 17 people in my town so im sorry im so large... best to go to new spawn and look around there

Smart moving is installed and working just fine for me. As far as towns go the restrictions are more or less in place to prevent griefing by locking people in, it is a pretty large space requirement but I am OK with people having to be a tad bit further apart anyway.

TFCraft now as of 4/20/2013 I use the mod pack from Technic pack.

The latest TFCraft is now in 1.5.1 of minecraft

Build: 76 hotfix: 11

note: Technic pack is not responsable of the copy right. someone else has made the mod pack.

I am unable to see who made this modpack because the Technicpack.net is down.

server down, lag spikes prior to going down

if anyone is having problems with anvils plz have the items that are going into the anvil in your inventory not your hot bar then you wont drop them. an example is of stone anvils. have two hammer one in inventory the other on hotbar (to hit the stone rock surface)

and as a second note if anyone has been raided i will do my best to help you cope and replace items to the best of my ability and item donations to people. i am getting sick and tired of people raiding those who dont have a town set or i wasnt on to give them a place to stay safe for the time being, there is a reason my town now has 18 people in it.

ok people tfc has updated to fix anvil bugs and a few others its at hotfix 14 now skipped over 13. :) waiting for renadi to update and for me to be able to get on my computer.

How about a quick town tutorial, for people to know how to protect their stuff. For example, here's how I created my town.

1) Find a nice spot where you want to live, then use this command:

/t new TownName
It'll either work, or tell you you're too close to another town, in which case go find a new place to live a little further away.

2) Once your town is created, you own that one chunk where you did the new command. To get more land, you can use the claim command. I only have a single person town, which apparently lets me claim up to 16 chunks. I'm assuming as more people join a town you can claim more chunks. I claimed a 3x3 area using the claim command like so:

/t claim rect 1
This basically says claim all chunks in a radius of one from the chunk I'm in, which takes the 3x3 area centered where you are.

3) By default, outsiders have the "enter" permission, whereas residents have the "build" permission. I assume this means that people can walk through your town but can't touch anything. However, it seems like some TFC functionality can bypass this, and creeper explosions would still 'open' chests. I couldn't really test this because I don't trust anybody. What I did is tried to give outsiders "none" permission:

/t perm town set out none
I think this will prevent anyone from even entering my town chunks, but again I haven't tested it. This seems to be the only way to 100% protect against raiding.

All this is from memory so if the commands aren't right let me know.

vegasgoat you are exactly right :) and you can even assign plots to people in town and set it so only that person and mayor can enter to protect your spots from other towns people but give them protection too from outsiders. they can even set it so friends they choose may enter form another town but no one else from that town ore there own.

if anyone would like specific commands in game feel free to ask when i am on or pm me :) i am always monitoring posts and messages and will respond asap.