Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
renadi

CLOSED -Carpe Aurum- [Extra Firma] [Archimedes' Ships] [Carpenter's Blocks] [Smart Moving]

581 posts in this topic

A world reset is regrettable given the work tenterro and others have put in so far. However, I understand the need given how much has changed with release 77. I'm excited about the upgrade, however, as I really like the changes I see in 77.

For all current players/town owners, we should work to get folks understanding the reset is coming. Renadi, is there any way you could save off the world and perhaps share it with folks? tenterro's town, for instance, is something I'd like to see archived. We've got a great group of folks going right now, spanning multiple towns and play-styles, so I hope a reset can be communicated well in order to not alienate/lose too many folks (I know losing some is inevitable).

For the random spawning, I don't see it as necessary, but I also favor the approach of having spawn be the "Central Town of Towns" for all players. It gives a place for everyone to gather and trade, recruit, etc. Of course, I like TFC being a place where communities can be built rather than simply hard-core survival of individuals. The difficulty of advancing helps keep out random griefer/trolls in general, while the detailed building options provide nice tools for creation.

I'm happy to test out mod compatibility, as TFC has become pretty much the only MC I play right now. I should be able to start up a v77 local server tonight and start throwing mods at it to see what works. I assume you are already monitoring the ModList site for options there?

I have saved the world and all the configs, etc... I don't know where to upload it, I don't have enough storage space anywhere for the whole thing.

I am looking at possibly using MCPC-plus to add bukkit mods which should make things easier but it's running a different build of forge... so who knows what will happen.

I will try to get this up within the hour and see if I can connect, then I'll add the mods, see if they work, then post my ip and ask anyone around here to test it I think.

That'll be great. I've got some storage space I believe that might work--how much is needed?

Happy to test once things come online (and I get home from work).

I'm willing to test, or help in any other way i can. However, as for the towns plugin, i'm not aware of any alternative at this point.When it comes to the spawn, i'm voting for the idea of the central 3x3 or 5x5 chunks or so to become a sort of trading/market square, and then give each town a parcel to build a building to represent their town, with their info and promo stuff inside.Also, i personally can't wait to begin work on the spiritual successor of snowfall! :3

Once the world is reset folks may want to at least all work together to get a foothold.  TFCraft just got a whole lot harder.

Well, if I can get mcpc working I can throw bukkit mods on, which makes it a lot easier to deal with.

I'll be my usual, helpful, trade-friendly self...Hopefully Gonoath will stay on as my lead miner/smith, and StargazerRiga as architect! I'm sure the race will be on with jacoband to see who gets to advanced steel first

Currently the whole world file, including player data is just under 10GB. I'm zipping it up and I'll upload it to my skydrive(didn't even realize it existed).

Ah, great on the upload. I've got a networked 1 TB drive at home -- I think I can wall off a portion as public space where I could store it if still needed.

40% done zipping up old world, I'm not 100% MCPC is working yet.

if anyone wants to get on the ip is 71.215.223.224

I can give you creative mode to help search, basically the problem the previous versions of mcpc had was a lack of biomes, so far I haven't seen any forests or deserts so if you could verify these exist I'd be happy.

I should be home in 30 minutes or so and will log on then to check things out (IGN is the same, erian_7).

I'm trying to log in, but i get end of stream messages after a few seconds.

I'm noticing. getting a diconnect.overflow message here, can you try setting your view distance lower and seeing if it helps? if not I can upload this to my host and try it there but it's easier to edit locally.

I get even "can't reach server" error like it's down.

restarted, didn't see you trying to log in, are you using the default port?

Got a java socket excpetion, reset, then couldn't find server anymore.

Alright, I'll upload it to host in a minute. 

Damn, there's no more bismuth, zinc or tin tools... Got to find copper any way.

Damn, there's no more bismuth, zinc or tin tools... Got to find copper any way.

None the less, it has become more abundant.

OK, trial server will be up, we probably won't have a final one before tomorrow though so this will just be to test it all. same ip as normal server, 208.115.202.18:25576

Still can't reach server :c

The same