Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
renadi

CLOSED -Carpe Aurum- [Extra Firma] [Archimedes' Ships] [Carpenter's Blocks] [Smart Moving]

581 posts in this topic

Hmm, I get that the server is on 0.77.2. I think the latest download is 0.77.4. Should I drop down to 2?

Getting connection resets now. Not sure if it's local or the server. In any case, got to cook supper for the family. I'll be back on later. Looking forward to the brave new world!

I'll think on some mod options/Bukkit plugins as well.

Oh, and renadi, you running this on a home server, or hosted? If the latter, I'm happy to kick in some for supporting the costs as I really enjoy the server.

I'll download the new version and upload it to the server now, as well as smart moving, from there on we'll look at plugins available.

We're running through Exodus hosting and I've got a link to donate hidden on the first post but if you're interested here it is http://bit.ly/17cTg83

The link has been used 67 times but I so far have only got 2 donations. 

Here's that TradeBooth mod I mentioned:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1688659-162smpforge-804-trade-booth-mod-0621/

I know it at least loads without crashing the game.

I also fiddled with this guys Town/Perm mods before, but not with TFC:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1889473-legobear154s-mods/

These guys are also working on an Essentials base of mods for Forge that mirrors some Bukkit plugins, but they aren't up to 1.6.2 yet. If that moves forward, it might help in the event Bukkit is causing the current player kicks.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1661157-forgeforgeessentials-bukkit-functionality-for-your-forge-server/#entry20533111

Yeah, that second is a continuation of the mod we had before, 

Pretty good run for tonight on the new server. I see MyTown is on, but no permission to use it yet. We're setting up a little settlement anyway in preparation for it. Thanks renadi!

Edit: Towns is working!  Prices may change, up or down is to be decided, if there are any issues message me here or at our facebook page.

Yeah, new version apparently changed... something, all my configs should be right but only half actually seem to be kicking in, I'll be working on it tonight or if I get a chance from work today.

Edited by renadi

Thanks ren, I'll start testing it out.

I think it's too expensive to pay 1 ender pearl to use /home

May be convert it to bones?

I think an ender pearl is fine. Running off to forage should not be nullified by the ability to easily teleport home.

Also, b77.5 is out which fixes a few bugs and makes thirst double.

Renadi, can u remove payment of using /t spawn? Becouse there's no chance for towns far away from spawn to get new members. Everyone settle in nearest to spawn town. Or make payment somthng very easy, not ender pearl.

I think an ender pearl is fine. Running off to forage should not be nullified by the ability to easily teleport home.

Also, b77.5 is out which fixes a few bugs and makes thirst double.

Double capacity or double usage? haha I can get it uploaded in a few here.

EDIT:  Host is having issues, should getting in touch with support. Will install 77.5 while we're down.

Edited by renadi

15 ender pearl to spawn in town or use /home??? Really?

That kills all trading between towns. And if someone has built something nice, noone never will go 10k blocks one way and 10k blocks back to see it. I think the price must be much more available.

Tenterro I'm facing the same problem that you are. If we want new people to join our towns (which are both really far away), they will never do it cause they are so far away, and ender pearls are hard to get. Renadi asked yesterday if he should include some items as starting items in new players' inventories. How about making everyone start with one ender pearl? This would allow new people to choose which town to join, and thinking about it, it would also fix the problem of not having rocks around the spawn. If they can teleport to a town there should be rocks around there since the towns are farther away from the crowded spawn.

Otherwise, without the one starting ender pearl, people just automatically join the closest town, I can't remember the name but do /mytown list and the closest town already has 15+ members after just a day of being found, while the farther away ones like mine have barely any (I'm the only one in mine :( ).

15 ender pearl to spawn in town or use /home??? Really?That kills all trading between towns. And if someone has built something nice, noone never will go 10k blocks one way and 10k blocks back to see it. I think the price must be much more available.

That was a joke, I'll be fixing that stuff tonight, I understand the problem, I'll work on a fix. In the meantime make sure nobody places walls in your spawn point. Make a nice pavilion or welcome area and wait.

Note that my town is the big one at 15 members. However, I believe Spawn has moved, so we are no 28k from spawn...

While I support building roads and such, the shift means towns will be so far apart that travel is not an option. For the /t spawn, I do think having a Starting Inventory mod to add the item would be nice. We can have folks start out with 1 Ender Pearl, which I think is an okay price. Once established, towns can support Hunters to get more pearls for members.

Another option is that /spawn can be a free teleport site. Town Members can then teleport to spawn to give new recruits a pearl if they want to join. However, this means the cost is actually doubled (both have to pay to teleport back). We have to fix this so the server doesn't run off all new folks. It would also be nice to have spawn as that "town of towns" point I mentioned earlier, for establishing trade and such with folks just too far away for roads/boats. The 2x2 area around spawn could be locked down by renadi as the true starting point, and other towns would claim only 1 chunk around spawn for trade and recruiting.

In any case, renadi can you also look into the radius that's being used to stop new claims being close to an existing town? Somehow someone has a new town "near" ours, but I can't find it at all. It's made it impossible for me to make new claims, so we cannot for instance expand our farm area now that we have so many, nor can I claim new plots to assign to folks for housing. I have set up a Nation that towns can join to deal with the proximity building issue, but this really should be for friendly towns that want to build right next to each other. Right now, it seems like the radius must be hundreds of blocks and so that's locking us down and again probably impeding the development of roads. It'd also be nice to figure out how the towns are getting established, but then being to close for new claims. My guess is there are two parameters, one for establishing a town and another for making claims.

On the bright side, server stability seems to be good. We did have that one block break lag issue, but that only happened once for me.

Regarding the distance between towns... I'm fairly sure it's not working properly again, It was a problem previously, I'll be working on stuff tonight to figure it out, I've got tomorrow off.

1 ender pearl in start inventory wouldn't help. What if player wants to choose town he/she wants to live? Other way he/she will have only 1 chanсe to teleport somewhere, it's like roulette.

I go for payment for /t spawn /sethome and /home, but it should be something, that each player can pay and do it 1-2 times per day (real time). So that we could use a little /home and go to spawn, give items to new members and come back with them.

Hmm, what about gems? It'd be really nice if gems had an actual use...Might make sluicing more useful then. Be nice if it can distinguish between quality of gems too.

Of course, that doesn't help for new folks.  If /t spawn NAME is free for non-members, it encourages them to use towns as "warp points" for travel without joining. So, joining becomes bad. Unless towns build spawn points surrounded by claimed plots that don't allow Outsiders to travel through. And that shuts down tours...Gems might still work, and if /spawn is free towns can warp there to provide recruits with gems.

I also thought about gems, but it seems that only one item id can be selected as payment. And if make some special gem and special quality, it'll be more rare than ender pearl.

I think we can left bones as currency, but decide about amount.

I suggest next prices:

20 bones to make /sethome

10 bones to use /home

But I don't know what to do with /t spawn payment. If it is, it'll still hard for new players to decide wich town to join. I'll have to pay 2xPayment bones to go to spawn, give 15 bones to someone, come together back. Then he/she will want to see other towns (who's gonna pay?) and then again we'll have to meet at spawn to get new member (again 2xPayment bones). We played very nice with free town spawn. Everyone decided to build closed spawn of open and everything was nice, noone thought about payment. If u don't want other players walk around, build some hut and make town spawn there.

So I go for payment for /sethome and /home and for free /t spawn

Don't forget we use bones to claim land for town, so it will be enough only for real necessаry teleportation.

We could go zombie flesh. Another item with no use at present. Bones, however, would keep them a prized commodity and so demand would make random teleports not feasible. They can also be harvested by starting folks from cows and such.

And an entirely separate item...can anyone get the Book and Quill to craft? I've tried with both the vanilla book, and with the TFC converted book. I'd like to get one for our town charter...

And another...we can't get sheep to follow wheat now it seems. I've tried grains, and others say they tried raw wheat. Anybody know if this is an issue, change in 77, or something we're missing?

I think you use straw now to make animals follow you...

I tried assembling a book so Caly and I could communicate with each other when one isn't present.  No dice.