Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
renadi

CLOSED -Carpe Aurum- [Extra Firma] [Archimedes' Ships] [Carpenter's Blocks] [Smart Moving]

581 posts in this topic

Straw! That makes perfect sense. Thanks Paolo, I'll try that when we can get back on. We got one male sheep in our pen by pushing it--that was not fun, bur probably funny to watch. Especially when three town members and a visitor all joined in to corral the thing!

renadi, any way you can get us some Book and Quills for use? They'd be really nice for communicating town rules, setting up smithy orders, etc.

I'm okay with /home and /spawn and such being prohibitive.  It depends on what kind of server we're trying for.  If it costs enderpearls then towns like mine will simply be isolated and unable to interact much with the community, trade will be a big deal and community projects simply won't be an option for Glangyth.

I'm not for or against expensive fast-travel, just saying that if it's so difficult the result will be less interaction with a lot of towns.

Is the server down?

Also, note of warning to folks who're brewing alcohol; stop drinking once you can't see.  You can die from drinking and there's apparently a bug which makes your items despawn after five seconds instead of five minutes.

Oh, thank you for the warning, I am the new brewer of my town!

Server is down, yes.

I don't want community interaction to be too prohibited. I'd definitely like to see towns getting set up close enough to build roads and have real, meaningful trade. But I'd also like to be able to visit those folks 28k blocks away at times.

Paolo, don't drink yourself to death in my town!

I will not, mayor, I will not

Dang, server down again. renadi, is this you working on stuff, or an instability?

Ah well, may be a good thing. I'll get some sleep tonight!

I think I should open up an enderpearl business, I've got about 20 of them :P

I think I came up with a way to start up an economy on the server based on town needs. I call it restricted enterprise, it is where towns produce certain items exclusively and they don't produce any others. For instance, Kurmingham could produce aspen, hickory, and rice products yet it doesn't make any metal based products. So, Kurmingham would have to trade with a town that does make tools and other metal based goods for it to grow. Basically, my idea for an economic system would also require lesser towns to have a higher population, because one person towns would become stagnant production-wise when the only member is travelling to make a deal. I'm still working out some kinks in my idea, but overall, it should work very nicely in the server. also, ender pearls could be the basis of server economics, like gold is in the real world.

Just something to think about...

Don't abuse exploits/bugs and brag about them guys. You're only ruining the gameplay for yourself.

Talking about iced_adams666 and kidbluff.

I'll throw away all bug got steel. I'm for fair gameplay, so we're still in iron age.

Renadi, update please server. It's fixed in 77.6

We tested the nug and then we throw that stuff away till we get a blast Furn

renadi, I think the town that's locking mine down is Markus--that you by any chance? Because that would be ironic...

Also, I'm looking to turn a portion of our town into a learning center for new folks, since we're large and near initial spawn. I can dedicate space to that once the claims are operational again.

Finally, it does look like the book and quill recipe is broken. Any chance you can give each town 1-2 of those? I'd like one for our charter/rules, and another for smithy orders. Of course, that assumes they'll even work...

Thanks!

1 ender pearl in start inventory wouldn't help. What if player wants to choose town he/she wants to live? Other way he/she will have only 1 chanсe to teleport somewhere, it's like roulette.I go for payment for /t spawn /sethome and /home, but it should be something, that each player can pay and do it 1-2 times per day (real time). So that we could use a little /home and go to spawn, give items to new members and come back with them.

I completely disagree with that idea, so it won't be happening, if it's a priority to do something make your location nearby, I'd completely disable teleports if I didn't agree with letting new players get to their friend's towns easily. Once you get there hopefully you can set yourself up before you need to teleport again, but if not you probably should have, or decided to walk(/boat?)

And erian_7, sadly gems, at least in a sensible way, do not work with this mod, I could I believe make it cost a number of any one kind of gem, but I don't think quality would be checked at all, unless I worked on getting a full fledged currency system in place..

There was one that I was talking to the dev of(its a system used on a pretty popular server) and he said he could have made it work, but that was a bukkit plugin and bukkit lagged the server out too much to be useable.

And what if new player on server wants to see all towns and choose in wich one live? What he's gonna do?

Don't update to 77.7. Crucibles crash servers!

hm, am i blind, or is it even possible to download older versions?

And what if new player on server wants to see all towns and choose in wich one live? What he's gonna do?

if a new player wishes to decide on a town they will be given a pearl, if they wish to change locations it will be on them to do figure out the best way to do so.

I'm honestly with Renadi on this, if you make your town far from spawn it's because you don't want folks to have easy access... handing out lots of teleports nullifies that difficulty.

For new folks, the far away towns are going to be difficult or inaccessible... that simply makes sense.  For trade, 1 pearl per trip sounds completely reasonable.

I hate to update constantly but I like this server