Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
renadi

CLOSED -Carpe Aurum- [Extra Firma] [Archimedes' Ships] [Carpenter's Blocks] [Smart Moving]

581 posts in this topic

no problem like i said i mod myself. so i know how it is with needing to upgrade mods or adding hotfixes in TFC case. mods will never be 100% flawless. so expect losses while playing with mods. Especially TFC. either wait for a hotfix or update that doesnt change for a while or deal with losses. 

updates are great times to study and learn how the mod works. try many times to get better then when its ready then you take your final ;)

as a note i gave renadi the old mytown files so hopefully it fixes issues with towns or any other issues you may have had. unless mytown has changed a lot. 

As I just said, I only intend to reset if there is a game progression changing update, which there hasn't been since build 77, and probably won't for a while.

this server doesnt reset very often so i wouldnt worry about you losing your progress if it was to update and reset this time. 

you do know its possible to private message him that stuff ;) just as future notes

By the way, I got a new monetary economy idea. To use it, we need galena. Once we smelt galena, we get lead. So then as we get the lead, we could reduce it to metal sheets and use them as money. Could also work with silver or platinum. However, I still won't suggest to use gold.

Server is down again it seems. renadi, any progress on getting some admin folks to help with resets?

you do know its possible to private message him that stuff ;) just as future notes

I know i forgot to lol sorry

Yeah I shot him a message the other day but never followed up with him on it.  <shrug> The offer still stands :)

Does anyone know why /t res doesn't work anymore?

ill check on the reseting so it can get up i am a admin sorry

nvm i see its up.

what version is the server?

may i ask why my client cant resolve hostname? 

Hey Ultima, good to see you on previously. As requested, here are my thoughts on mods that would enhance TFC play:

More Uses for Cloth: I don't mean wool blocks for building--those always struck me as weird, but having tarps to use as temporary/cheap roofs, for vendor stalls, etc. would be nice (esp. if they can be dyed). Leather might similarly be used, and both could even be used for walls/wall coverings in conjunction with beams given historical uses.

Hydro/Wind Power: I saw you mentioned RedPower...Having the ability to construct water wheels and wind mills would be fabulous, and of course has been covered before by other mods. Both could be used to create structures like a grist mill (so we don't have the horrid quern-click-fest necessary now to grind grains) and a saw mill (higher output of logs/beams, but would require a large supply of wood as input). I'm not looking for crazy stuff like shield generators and turret guns--just historically appropriate uses of the available power sources to automate some current processes. I know the Tinkers Construct creator was looking at options in this arena, and of course there's Better Than Wolves.

Water Screw: Using Red Steel to place infinite water blocks is nice, but I'd love the realism of building water screws (maybe powered by wind/water as above) that push water up blocks to then flow through aqueducts/etc. This would allow hydration of farms away from rivers/lakes/oceans in the early game when it's actually important. Could build from the sluice concept for transporting water over long distances.

Gates/Drawbridges: Epic, chiseled walls, castles, and towers are so sad with little double door access points...

Fertilizer: Both using some of the mineral options, as well as using processed peat.

More Mineral Uses: For example, gypsum for fertilizer above, or plaster for making sculptures. For the love, something to do with all the random stuff we find.

Bees/Honey: So I can have some mead! I guess the food usage could be nice, and wax for candles and such...but mead is the most important!

As for some existing mods that might add to the TFC experience:

• All of the GrowthCraft pieces as they add more depth to foods.
  • Aquaculture as it adds more robust fishing (need to block the crazy armor finds)
  • Secret Rooms, as having hidden doors, torch switches, etc. would be very nice in those huge castles.

That's probably enough for now...

nice idea's seem to be ok i did mention pm me but thanks for the idea's. to expand on the bee's would be easier. i could even have wild small bee's that can hurt you. always wanted to do that for forestry *coughs* and i know what you mean about drawbridges, if biox keeps in redstone i could make redstone wires or something old style that would match maybe to activate. or even just rope weight pully system as a multblock. i think biox has fertilizer implemented. an old style water pump system made with metal would be ok maybe limit it to certain metals like brass, copper, etc. be hard to find underground water though. unless i just take an idea of ground water being pushed through the ground to cope with people saying it doesnt make sense and give it a certain depth. thanks again. i might make a temperary patch for horses or something too. idk that takes a little more effort with tfc removing them gota look into it

and i could implement cloth sacks. forestry and redpower both did it fairly easy and makes sense. idk about a new tab for inventory space like Mdyio did. pardon my misspelling.

As a final note. i will not have internet for a month or so so i will not be able to get on the server if there is a need of a server restart please post here and ill c what i can do to fix it from my cell. which is possible. thank you for all your support and i am sorry if i annoyed anyone recently. also the whole mytown commands not working properly seems to be the mod itself as i am seeing same issues in other places. not just this server.

Missed the piece about PMing these, but it's out there now (suppose I should cross-post or re-post to the Suggestions sub-forum for a wider audience).

A pulley mechanic would be fabulous--I'd rather have that than redstone actually, and it could be used for mine elevators, etc.

For the water, that actually works at both the surface and sub-surface level IRL. The water screw (also called Archimedes' screw) simply sits in a source of water and lifts it up as it turns, so it's not exactly a pump in the complex machine sense. The concept allowed many ancient civilzations to expand agriculturally. Probably be a stackable block that has to start in a still water block.

(quote system is unreadable here)

I'll offer my input here,

More Uses for Cloth:  There was a mod a ways back that allowed you to make leather and cloth as a sort of tent, you could apply them in the world and they would lay down like cloth actually would. Don't recall the name, it's likely horrible out of date now. But it looked brilliant.

Hydro/Wind Power:  I like the better than wolves implementations of such, redpower and other tech mods kind of make me feel sad in comparison. I don't think we should try to focus on the blocks, we should try to make the blocks feel as unimportant as possible

Water Screw:  As an overhaul, sounds brilliant, I like big industrial projects though, something massive and imposing and useful.

Gates/Drawbridges:  I would love more physical mechanical constructions in general, redstone I don't care about but something moving in the real world is so much more satisfying(and easy to diagnose) than magic dust.

Fertilizer: Definitely, especially with the nutrient system we have, it makes a lot of sense and I'd think it would be relatively easy to implement for TFC.

Bees/Honey: Sure thing, so long as they're not magic bee machines that use bees as fuel like in forestry.  I like the ideas in forestry but it ends up being a bunch of machine boxes.

The rest I agree with as well.

yes ill see what i can do. i mean my ideas are a little different. wont be just one small block doing all the work but they will be basic ancient day things. the screw thing seems cool. even though a basic small pump system would be sufficient since you will only need some pipe down. and can be anywhere underground. can even use non complete water source blocks if i can get that to work. i mean a basic pump is using suction from motion. witch would add to the windmill or water mill idea. give me a better reason to add in the actual "power" sources and no my bee's would be you have to collect parts from beehive add planks make a bee hive and the bee's then take care of themselves. cant breed though but you will be able to get honey and harvesting can hurt you because bee's may attack ;) the basic idea of any power system is to run said mechanics such as drawbridge, water pumps, sawmill, grindstones, and even elevators. like a "minecart" being lowered by ropes XD

my water pump can be hand used slowly or hooked up to a gear system from a wind/water mill

ive gotten a basic crappy moding thrown together that seems to work that adds in the water pump(havnt made it work with the windmill or watermills yet and some basic bee idea (i even died from being poisoned) a basic bag idea idk how to implement making it. maybe lether crafting 3 parts? i also am working on the mills. idk what kind of crafting there should be. and my codding isnt that good so i might have to redo some of it a few times. been working on other game modding over minecraft :/ 

as for the powder keg idea... ive thought about re implementing a catapult idea to that XD launching powder kegs to kill things sounds like fun if you guys want that stuff.

p.s. i am having issues trying to use tfc water to make an aquaduct look nice. so i think ill make it sorta multiblock structure style and have it look like water but can still add to osmosis for being in that space so not to lag everyone out XD

my pump idea come from this basic pump systems that can be seen on this site if you like more info. 

http://www.fao.org/docrep/010/ah810e/ah810e06.htm

The water screw would probably be at least a 2-3 block device, with each block vertical to the last. I was thinking this one because building pipes and such is pretty advanced. Perhaps the "water power" mod includes the water screw as an early item, then the water wheel and pump are for later advancement.

A reference picture of a hand-powered screw:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/37683/37683-h/images/image0014.png

self promotion time:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4581-1627711-extrafirma-addon-v100/

Erian: I'm actually implementing a rudimentary irrigation system soon that lets you water crops that aren't near water sources, without actually placing the water. Fueled by rain to fill its barrel tank, it would act just like a water source, as long as you don't try to run it in a desert or in a dry land. A rain level +1800 should be suitable.

Ah, that's a very cool idea Zerren--another method earlier folks used for getting water where it was needed. I look forward to seeing your work.

@Zerren: I think my favorite part is the metal panels.

im begining to like this guy so should i attempt to remove the water parts from my mod i randomly started for tfc? or continue? XD

as another note the water screw is a "pump" as dedicated in the site i mentioned in earlier posts which i could implement as an early simple short water system able to be used underground. for the aqueduct ideas though if you want something like roman or bigger then you would want a windmill water pump. 

and or should i let zerren here do all the things you want and just continue on my own mod to add into ftb hopefully someday. i have a lot more work set out for me with that. i feel currently i could replace gregtech, and redpower2 with the similarity of my mods abilities. even if the main part is magnetism..