Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
renadi

CLOSED -Carpe Aurum- [Extra Firma] [Archimedes' Ships] [Carpenter's Blocks] [Smart Moving]

581 posts in this topic

Few pictures from town of Laketon...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amazing stuff Tenterro

Alright, we're updated, sorry for the absence y'all, I've been fooling around on custom mod packs with friends between dealing with home maintenance emergencies.

I'd love to come on this server again but I can't get all of the mods to work together. I did the obvious and deleted the config files. Some of the mods don't have any installation instructions so I really have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with them. Some have multiple files for download (such as the compatibility mod) without any real indication of which one is the right one besides version number, but there are some that don't have a version number. I tried dumping them in the mods folder but the launcher would just crash. I tried running the mods packed as .jars as executable and nothing happened. I tried placing the content of the .jar mods in the 1.6.2-Forge9.10.0.837.jar like the old way of installing mods and the game would just quit after clicking 'play' without any crash or anything. I also tried changing the .jar files into .zip files which brought up the Mojang screen for a short while before returning back to the launcher without a crash log or anything. I have done a fresh install and tried again with the same things in a different order. No success.

I'm going to mess around, perhaps also see if I can get some of the mod owners/players to help me out but this is starting to look like it's the one thing that will prevent me from coming on this sever in time to save my base from deletion. I think if that happens I won't have any will to play.

EDIT: Finally got it working, don't know how I managed to download the carpenters mod from the wrong source.

Added version numbers to OP anyway, that was an oversight on my part.

Archimedes' Ships is very buged and almost useless... Big beauty ships always get stuck and are very difficult to control. Moreover sometimes they change their waterline and go deeper to water.... =(

Is this server almost dead? Tenterro is the only other member I've seen online lately.

I check in from time to time, but it does indeed seem very quiet.

I haven't been able to get on myself in ages, it's definitely seen a huge drop in players since I was last really on.

No scrinshots, just coords: 28544 -5580

It's still in progress and I'm not sure if I can complete it, so you can see it now

Server's down for long time =(

renadi saw it, but apparently there's a problem on the hosting service side. He's going to get back to fixing it after he gets off work this evening.

As a general FYI, all is up and running now.

Map of town of Laketon.

Posted Image

Really hoping this server picks up, some really beautiful builds alongside Laketon. I didn't know Laketon was so expansive! It looks like the map of a video game level or something, even the top-down view looks pretty. Anyway, every time I check there's 0 people online. My base was extremely dirty and primitive by comparison (literally a hole in the ground in the middle of a walled garden) but it was my best yet too and was really starting to blossom.

Hey Beech. I'm doing some work to get things cleaned up a bit for new folks in the hopes of bringing it back to life. I cleaned up the starting point, put in some informational signs, and offered up some options to start more "hardcore" (i.e. go to /spawn 28,000 blocks from the big towns) or else contact towns to be more community/nation-building focused. tenterro is active, and I've seen a few new faces more regularly (Halloerik just started a new town a face days ago). The addition of Carpenter's Blocks offers some really nice options for builders, so I've started incorporating them into Vilhjalmur to show off what they can do. renadi and I have also talked about ways to get the Archimedes Ship parts into folks hands--at present if you build a decent port (for ships) or air base (for fliers) we can get those moving. The ships add a nice dimension to TFC in allowing better travel between settlements, but can also be avoided for folks that want to stay the hardcore course. Any other suggestions for getting things better suited for an active community are welcome.

And yeah, Laketon is pretty amazing!

Since you can't craft CB-chisel and -hammer with damaged w.iron tool heads, may be you could log in and change damaged tool heads to normal so we could use CB-tools?

Host will be doing a migration some time soon, we'll likely be getting a new IP. I'll have a specific date when they can tell me.

I don't know if anybody's been on lately, but my home computer has finally given up, managing to borrow a laptop temporarily.

Renadi, I want to rejoin your server, but carpenter's blocks crashes with TFC!!

I have to update the server anyway, we've moved to a new ip, in the first post, and I don't know if I can manage it from this laptop, the network is sort of flaky.

Map of town of Laketon.

Posted Image

---

Tenterro you GENIOUS!!! Teach me how to create maps like that!

Just curious... is this server still around? I can't get online even though I see it in my lists as online. I tried to download all the plugins and mods or what have you but one of them is unavailable to me, the Archimedesships version you are using seems to be removed.

Just curious... is this server still around? I can't get online even though I see it in my lists as online. I tried to download all the plugins and mods or what have you but one of them is unavailable to me, the Archimedesships version you are using seems to be removed.

--

To begin, welcome to the Forums!

Well, I don't know if the server is online or not. My issue here is that I crash everytime I run Minecraft with Carpenter's Blocks.

--

To begin, welcome to the Forums!

Well, I don't know if the server is online or not. My issue here is that I crash everytime I run Minecraft with Carpenter's Blocks.

--

Been on the forums since September or so, I'm a total wallflower, but thanks for the welcome :D

Well I sort of dropped off of the TFC radar for a while to deal with some issues I was having so I missed out on all the fun here on Carpe Aurum. A lot changed apparently lol.