Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
renadi

CLOSED -Carpe Aurum- [Extra Firma] [Archimedes' Ships] [Carpenter's Blocks] [Smart Moving]

581 posts in this topic

you are right. the spawn thing was messed up and i have not seen anything to compensate a moving spawn. since on my ftb servers ive tried many times. i mean town spawns keep people connected over that 30k+ if you know how to use them which i feel people have lost or renadi has removed that. i am sorry i have been absent and have not kept up with the mytown mod to help renadi. :(

all i really ask is please dont spam on here private message is great and dont be mad about a reset or anything. this world i believe is really old unless the huge 1.6 update killed the old one XD ive been gone for a while....

if you wish i think you should private message renadi since 30 messages in one day is a bit much for him to read on the forums.

i know edit button... sorry XD

i also still have the setting for the mytown mod unless they have changed too with updates. but they shouldnt have so if renadi needs the main files for settings and rules of the mod i still have the basics. just a thought...

This is actually a new world, reset with the v77 release.

ahhh... did he keep mytown as the protection mod?

with that said i feel bad no one got to see fortheart that are current players. unless tent is still on the server. anyways if he kept mytown i have files and know how to set that up. if item id's changed i could possibly fix them with time. but unfortanatly i wont have internet for atleast a month or two. :/ sorry guys!

Yea Tent is still on i was in his town till we had our differences he is a beast builder but we still are good friends

Yep, still using MyTown. tenterro and I met up on the old world so I got to see Snowfall. He's on the new one at Laketown (or is it Longlake?). The important thing for this server is we have a good community--ultimately that trumps the actual game world for me. Although I don't really look forward to starting fresh in some aspects, in other ways it could be beneficial and if I'm having fun with folks I know then I'm good.

yup im thinking when the server did its restart it changed to vanilla and not HF11 and it destroyed everything and i think we are going back to Aug. 26

I think you've got it, the server ran the automatic restart when I was updating and only some of the items followed through.

The town in the world that was just corrupted was Longlake, I also did a good amount of work for Tenterro in snowfall, mainly making steel ingots and selling him mortar. His sculpting and building skills are phenomenal, it was saddening when we had to reset the first world, but just like a phoenix, most of the towns will rise again from this incident. One thing that i took note of in the chat was a player named "stones" or something close to that, said that he would hack the server. I'm not sure if this was due to hacking to the world not loading right, but I think it is something worth noting.

--late post...

One proposal if we do go new world--can we please this time have each town claim one chunk near spawn. This will (1) facilitate trade, (2) help protect spawn so new folks aren't spawn-killed, and (3) allow town to recruit new members. Of course, we'd all have to be in the same nation, but I don't at present see a need for multiple nations, at least not until we decide to go for World War TFC.

I'm having to restore from my local backup because the one on the server wasn't going through properly.  

I like the idea of a central meeting place, still trying to get the backup up before anything else.

If we can do that, and TP to there is free or less expensive, that would definitely be good for the far-flung towns. I'd be happy to commit time and resources to building a chunk there.

For folks that started up prior to the server backup date, my town will be happy to supply you with goods to restart things. I'd rather use resources that way than lose good community members. You can even join our town, get what you need, and go start fresh if that suits your needs.

tp to there would be hard unless they had homes set at the towns main place. most town spawns should be in town for people to get there easily. i think renadi would ahve it better to have a server "town" or admin town. that isnt owned that anyone can tp to and trade there.

btw renadi why dont you just take a copy of the world, and the main mytown rules and copy to computer then dont need backup to put things back up easily. i mean those are the only real things you need. and well configs.

Yeah - I took a few hours away from working on my city to build up a safe place near /spawn.  Best decision ever methinks.  Ended up with a great little inn safe from mobs.  Great advertisement :)

And if we do a roll back we shoudl stay at a diff hotfix like 9 or something it was less laggy then

We started a spawn trade center on the old world and it worked well, actually. Getting to /spawn was free, we each started building out a chunk, and so could trade that way. Then we'd use /t spawn to get back to our towns. Now that would cost an ender pearl, but that's not too bad for general trade. A server/admin town could work I suppose, but I like the collaborative, player-based effort necessary for creating a central trade center. I'm good either way, I suppose, so long as we have somewhere to meet and trade, new players aren't screwed when /spawn has no stones/trees in sight for hundreds of blocks, and towns could have a means of recruiting. As it stood, I had 25 members in my town due to my proximity to spawn and willingness to take on/train new players. The next closest town had 8 members I think and there were several 2-3 player towns that definitely deserved a better shot at recruiting.

on the world back in 1.5.2 i had my town set up to protect spawns. in a similar fashion were people could drop and pick up items. only thing they couldnt do was build. XD i have to go for the night sorry guys i have work and some programming to do. sorry guys tty all later maybe if i still have internet.

forthearts max was 43 people who were consistent for a month. then got bored. then they all left slowly. but im glad to see someone do what i tried. still have to go. cya

That just made me sad seeing when i was still in bronze but now i had red steel im hopeing for reset

And if we do a roll back we shoudl stay at a diff hotfix like 9 or something it was less laggy then

From what I can tell, the lag largely comes in when folks (usually new players) engage mobs at night and suddenly we have the server in the tank. If we can limit mob spawns, that would help I believe. I don't know if it's possible, but the Custom Mob Spawner mod used with Mo'Creatures supports limiting number of simultaneous spawns.

All, please note renadi has requested no one log on until he posts to do so here.

All, please note renadi has requested no one log on until he posts to do so here.

Yes please do not log till he says

OK, backup properly up, I believe, hop on and tell me if there are any holes.