Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DoodTheDud

Changing the speed of the year

24 posts in this topic

How do I change how quickly the year progresses for my server?

I have a crew of people used to the old slow years who are a little unhappy with how extremely fast-paced the years seem to be on our server, so I'd like to help them out by swapping back to the old system, as from what I remember, year lengths being changed came with a way to change them around, right?

I think it's an option in the config file of TFC...

Would it harm the world if I change it while playing an existing world?

Would it harm the world if I change it while playing an existing world?

From what i know... yes, a lot. Would be the end of that world.

From what i know... yes, a lot. Would be the end of that world.

What if a won't set the date to 21/12/2012?

Still the world will end? :o

What if a won't set the date to 21/12/2012?

Still the world will end? :o

It will set itself to that date's equivalent in your calendar.

It will set itself to that date's equivalent in your calendar.

Nice.... Off topic, but since when are you flamboyantly awesome god of derailments? I don't remember seeing that. Just noticed.

What is the maximum you can set this to?

Also, I backed up my multiplayer world and then changed it and it doesn't seem to have ruined the world, though I think it's ignoring the change.

What is the maximum you can set this to?

Also, I backed up my multiplayer world and then changed it and it doesn't seem to have ruined the world, though I think it's ignoring the change.

You should of made a back up, the end is near ;)

No maximun, nor minimun. however, you are warned:

(from the changelog)

It is now possible to change the number of days in a year in the config. Servers with a constant up time may wish to change this to old default of 360 days in a year, whereas solo players may want this down much lower. I find that 96 is reasonable for solo play, so I’ll be making that the default(since a majority of players play in a setting where this number will most likely be most relevant). I’m not responsible if any bugs pop up from using a number that is not a multiple of 12. This should scale crops and animals properly. If something seems off, let us know.

No maximun, nor minimun. however, you are warned:

(from the changelog)

Thanks for the warning, the config has this warning too and I set the number to 1200

1200?! That's a really long year you have there :

1200?! That's a really long year you have there :

I set it to 1800 once....I also set it to 12, but...y'know

Anyone played with the day setting? I changed it from 24000 to 32000 but everything went out of sync. Sometimes going to sleep just before morning I would wake up just before sunset. Going to sleep right as night hits would frequently wake up at midday the next day instead of morning.

Anyone played with the day setting? I changed it from 24000 to 32000 but everything went out of sync. Sometimes going to sleep just before morning I would wake up just before sunset. Going to sleep right as night hits would frequently wake up at midday the next day instead of morning.

Ya. I did and it was really screwed up like you are describing it.

Did you also tried 12000 and 48000?

Nope just 32k. Does those work? I wouldn't want a faster day... and 48 seems awfully long but I could make due I suppose.

I just though that maybe day should be multiple of 24000.

Nope just 32k. Does those work? I wouldn't want a faster day... and 48 seems awfully long but I could make due I suppose.

Why do you want a shorter day? It always seems that I can't get enough done in one TFC day...

Why do you want a shorter day? It always seems that I can't get enough done in one TFC day...

Er... I don't, that why I said I wouldn't want a faster one.

Er... I don't, that why I said I wouldn't want a faster one.

Whoops. I read it wrong, as "would".

Idk, I think a long year would make sense, it'd mean players could get on a server, experience a few day/night cycles regardless of how long they were on, but still have the needs of the server stretched out in time. Making it easier to harvest crops/fruits.

Though, your hunger I believe moves at the same rate regardless...

Idk, I think a long year would make sense, it'd mean players could get on a server, experience a few day/night cycles regardless of how long they were on, but still have the needs of the server stretched out in time. Making it easier to harvest crops/fruits.

Though, your hunger I believe moves at the same rate regardless...

It's more or less that they can't play all the time, so the time between a single player's logins will sometimes see 2-3 years passing, since the server is up 24/7