Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
killster550

Spumwack discussion

37 posts in this topic

now, without diminishing the fact it could be possible, it will be INCREDIBLY unbelieveable to claim FIRST on something like this. if anything Bioxx or Dunk should've approached him, not a random player

that said it could be true, but it will remain unbelieveable nonetheless

You would be surprised, he didn't get that many comments back then. All I know is he posted a video in which he didn't know what mod to use because they all sucked. The next morning I left a very nice comment o his channel suggesting TFC and a few days later he made a account on this forum and posted a video about TFC. And so it began.

I realize I have no definite proof, but that is what happened and it is a natural and logical conclusion. Despite only having a few hundred posts I have been on these forums for a long time, and having been watching Muse for far far longer.

Be sides, Dunk and Bioxx did most certainly NOT approach him. Both parties have said such.

I found TFC because of a post on Reddit's Minecraft forums, but only took a passing interest in it. On a whim, I watched his TFC Let's Play series and that's what got me actually playing. Normally, I don't watch videos on YouTube, especially lengthy series, but I've actually made an effort to make time to watch Spum's three videos a week now. I can't always find the time to play TFC, so it's nice to have a video series I can feel a part of. He has a good balance of educational and entertaining that works well for me. He's definitely derpy on occasion, but that's fine. :-D

I found this mod and first thought I would be another fail attempt at making Minecraft intresting again... but I watched spumwack's Lets Play Terra Firma, and I soon discovered that I was very VERY wrong :D

This mod makes me want to start playing minecraft again! If it lets me play it :( Can ya help me, check out my thread in the Support part of the forum thank you :D

He has not slowed down at all, he posts videos on the same three days of every single week.

I meant in terms of development (building, etc). I remember when he would bust out things in previous videos like the bloomery, etc. They were just more interesting to watch because he was DOING things. A lot of the recent episodes have been traveling back and forth, QA, getting distracted... but he is having fun and that's all that matters. To me, I wish he would show more building/advancement -- that's a side of terrafirmacraft lacking in video documentation. When I watch videos I want to see people doing things, and there just aren't enough of them out right now, I just haven't stumbled upon them. (And I do know there is a Let's Play/Video thread, just haven't spent much time there :-/ )

I personally do like what he is doing.

Spumwack is a living wiki. It's better than the normal because it includes more cases, more variables and a vid in a random world that can teach you how to deal in certain moments.

I meant in terms of development (building, etc). I remember when he would bust out things in previous videos like the bloomery, etc. They were just more interesting to watch because he was DOING things. A lot of the recent episodes have been traveling back and forth, QA, getting distracted... but he is having fun and that's all that matters. To me, I wish he would show more building/advancement -- that's a side of terrafirmacraft lacking in video documentation. When I watch videos I want to see people doing things, and there just aren't enough of them out right now, I just haven't stumbled upon them. (And I do know there is a Let's Play/Video thread, just haven't spent much time there :-/ )

I consider the cave crawl "doing something"(e25), but the Q&A(e26) admittedly wasn't a "standard" episode, and the qern(e27) was put out on a whim. I had to do these because it's finals in school right now and don't have the time for big builds or intense editing.

I consider the cave crawl "doing something"(e25), but the Q&A(e26) admittedly wasn't a "standard" episode, and the qern(e27) was put out on a whim. I had to do these because it's finals in school right now and don't have the time for big builds or intense editing.

first of all, fully awesome you're actually reading the forums in the first place :D

secondly, good luck with your finals, real life ALWAYS goes first.

thirdly, keep up the epic vids :D you're bridge is probably one of the BEST examples of why a chisel is useful, and even so its only chiseled pillars, but it just looks so much better than straight down cobble blocks :D

I totally understand RL constraints. Since the game is so much more in depth, it takes so long to get ready to build, etc, while trying to maintain every other aspect (trees, crops, tools). I can't wait until you get going strong again, though!

I have to say great job though. You piqued my interest enough with your videos to get me started playing.

hey dunk, guess what, spum mentioned you in his latest TFC vid :D his series is progressing greatly, and he's wonderfully showing off TFC like a player would play it, not like some scripted vid :D

Of the few videos of his I have seen, I must say I enjoyed them. He is a great builder, speaks clearly and loudly, and shows this mod in its best light.

Of the few videos of his I have seen, I must say I enjoyed them. He is a great builder, speaks clearly and loudly, and shows this mod in its best light.

i've started watching his vids in musefarms, and he got me hooked on minecraft ever since, i bought the game thanks to him, and same with TFC, i heard of it, thought naah, too much work modding, and his vid showed me how to do it easily, and voila, here i am

I really just like how he makes his videos. It isn't just playing a game while recording, cutting up the video, maybe doing a timelapse, I feel like he puts a lot of effort into each second of video. I've watched him for a long while, and besides a few jokes I can't really find anything wrong with his videos. I could totally fangirl over everything about him, but I'm sure everyone here already likes him enough.