Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

10 posts in this topic

I have found a large bug in the melting system of the metals. For example if you have 2 unshaped metals which are both one pixel away from full and you melt them together in a firepit then there is one completly full unshaped metal and one ceramic mold. Another bug while smelting metals is if you melt a normal ore which you have mined into a ceramic mold and you have one ceramic mold which is one pixel away from full and a second clear ceramic mold the ore melt into the first unshaped metal and the rest of the ore is away. Thats the largest bugs i have seen yet so please fix them :).

I have found a large bug in the melting system of the metals. For example if you have 2 unshaped metals which are both one pixel away from full and you melt them together in a firepit then there is one completly full unshaped metal and one ceramic mold. Another bug while smelting metals is if you melt a normal ore which you have mined into a ceramic mold and you have one ceramic mold which is one pixel away from full and a second clear ceramic mold the ore melt into the first unshaped metal and the rest of the ore is away. Thats the largest bugs i have seen yet so please fix them :).

The first is simple (non bug), after you melt the first unshaped ingot, it got into the output slot, after melting the second, if filled what it could in the first mold and the rest dropped out living an empty mold in the input slot, you should always make sure you have empty molds in the output.

Second maybe not a bug either, maybe you just lucky exactly filled the first mold so nothing left for the second mold.

Also since you are melting metals in the firepit, it's safe to assume you are smelting small ores, and they only yield a small amount or metal, so the second 'bug' is easy to explain.

Thank you for your answer. The first thing is a good solution :). I think the second thing is a bug because that can't be normaly a normal ore meld 1/4 of the unshaped metal :).

Thank you for your answer. The first thing is a good solution :). I think the second thing is a bug because that can't be normaly a normal ore meld 1/4 of the unshaped metal :).

Are you sure you had an empty mold in the second slot?

I'm certain having 2 ceramic molds in the receiving slot at least DID fill them both if one is overfull, though I haven't tried recently

I have been seeing the first mold fill completely but not putting any in the second, but I assumed that since I was using small ores I just happened to fill the first one exactly. It happens pretty often, though, and I don't remember ever seeing it happen in older builds (like 52e) so maybe there is a bug.

Thank you for all of your answers but the melting have irregular bugs so pls look at this aspekt a few times more than other types of bugs

Thank you for all of your answers but the melting have irregular bugs so pls look at this aspekt a few times more than other types of bugs

And this is not even a big bug, I got infinite molds and ingot lots of times.. now that's a bug

With respect to the first issue (combining two partially full molds) there is something going on here more recently. In the past if you had two say 4/5 full molds, and you melted one in to the other with a spare mold in the second output slot, the spill-over would go into the empty back up mold. It doesn't seem to do this any longer. When I encountered this I thought maybe it was a purposeful change though... it's not clear. Hopefully a Dev will weigh in on this one. You can easily reproduce this though.

I can reproduce the second issue by putting the almost full mold on the right side, and the empty one on the left. It fills the right mold and doesn't put the extra on the left.