Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
LordOfWolves

Poisons topic

56 posts in this topic

INTRODUCTION:

In the crossbows topic there was a big "derail" about the idea of applying some poison in the darts or in the arrows. Then can you kindly post here all the poison ideas that you have? I'll update the OP with the best ideas.

THE IDEAS:

The poisons can be synthesized from plants, animals and even mushrooms. Probably also from bacteria, but this will not be a poison, mostly a deadly virus.

NEW ITEMS REQUIRED:

Blowgun made from working sugar canes with a knife;

Darts for the blowgun made with sticks and featers;

Metal rings that determines the tier of the blogun. You get 4-5 from every ingot. A blowgun requires 3-4 rings to have a tier. Otherwise it can't be used

Ring plans

POISONS FROM THE SPIDER EYE:

The spider eye should have a durability. You can apply some poison in weapons that you have putting them in the crafting grid with the spider eye, but for every craft the spider eye loses a bit of durability.

To strengthen the poison you can:

1) Heat up the spider eye and catch the condensed poison with a glass bottle. Then you heat it up to concentrate the potion. Then you can add some water to the potion to diluite it, makign the poison weaker, but that lasts for a longer time. Every spider eye should contain less poison because they are already quite rare.

2) You can leave the eye fermenting in a glass pot.

POISONS FROM RATS:

You can collect some toxic saliva from a still alive rat by right clicking with a glass bottle in it.

PLANTS:

Poisonous plants of vary types can be found mostly in TFC jungle. They're difficult to recognize and if you touch them, if you walk on them, if you jump on them, even if you hit them, you might get poisoned from the plant's poison. You have a small chance of not getting poisoned, IE 20%. Every effect that a plant gives you will not be random, but the same in every world seed. A full leather armor set is required to have the max 92% chance of not getting poisoned. A full Metal armor set can reach the 70% chance of not getting poisoned.

POTIONS FROM PLANTS:

With a new type of knife and leather gloves (this items is required in the hotbar, like the hammer while chiselling), you harvest small leaves (Items) from the poisonous plants and then you can work them with a mortar, some water and some rats slime. Random recipes for every world

Some poisons like these should be added:

-Paralysing poison; (makes you paralized for a bit and your enemies too)

-Scary poison; (Makes you have allucinations IE lots of false mobs and makes your enemies stay away from you and sometimes attack other hostile mobs)

In the crossbows topic there was a big "derail" about the idea of applying some poison in the darts or in the arrows. Then can you kindly post here all the poison ideas that you have? I'll update the OP with the best ideas.

Sorry, But I thought Trey was talking about making a topic for long bows...

plants, shrooms, spiders, (but why the eye, why not a venom sac?) (also could call for a giant spider mob) and last but not least, disease ridden animals such as rats or decomposed cows

Sorry, But I thought Trey was talking about making a topic for long bows...

naah, the poison was a derail, and then he stated he wanted long bows :D

Then why not a blowgun that shots poisoned darts? The blowgun is made with sugar canes and a knife. The darts are made with sticks, feathers and a spider eye. This is not overpowered because to get feathers you need to kill the chickens and to have the spider eyes you need to survive when you fight the spiders. And to make this more expensive you need to decrease the spider eye drop chance. The sticks are cheap.

No, this way you waste it. I have another suggestion. Give some durability to the spider eye. It works like an axe that loses durability when used to craft planks. You place the eye in the crafting table with the clean darts and you get poisoned darts and a spider eye with less durability.

So we will get poison from spiders and plants. (maybe on the plants)

This is the steps for an archer with a bow

Step one. Make bow. Bow is made from wood. Different wood have different drawback strength and therefore different bow strength. (Bows don't have to differ, just saying)

Step two: get arrow. Arrows Either have metal tips, or stone tips.

Step 3 (optional) get poison.So we will get poison from spiders and plants. (maybe on the plants). Poison from a spider is applied using an eye and an arrow (or other poisonable object) in a crafting table. The eye takes damage from crafting (let's say 25 damage?). Then, the arrow is poisoned and ready to be shot.

Yes.

How about this. Heating the spider eye up, with a glass bottle to catch the condensed poison. Then, you have to heat it up once more to concentrate the poison. Then, you can add water to the poison to dilute it, making the poison weaker, but last longer. Each eye has to either drop less often, or give less poison per eye. I think they should give less poison per eye because they are already quite rare. This poison can be applied to arrows and maybe swords by combining them in a crafting table. The posion will have damage (more depending on the dilution level) and can poison weapons.

You can leave the spider eye fermenting in a glass pot. Or, rats are going to be implemented, then you can collect their toxic slime, but to do this you need a glass bottle and you must right click on a rat. And for the plants, you need a new type of knife that can harvest small leaves (Item) from the poisonous plants and then you can work them with a mortar, some water and some rats slime. You can make this similar to dishes. A random recipe every new world.

There are the good ideas from the post.

Killster is correct. Despite his double posting obscenity.

You guys were on a role with poison so go ahead and discuss. I am more interested in longbows now though.

why the eye, why not a venom sac?

Notch did it. Or Jeb_.

These are the ideas, organised.

• Add blowguns. Blowguns are made from sugar cane and a knife put in a crafting table. Blowguns have durability and can be reinforced by adding metal rings around the blowgun
  • Metal rings are made from an ingot hammered with a ring plan. One ingot gives 2 or 3 rings. Each blow gun need 2(maybe 3?) rings.
  • Blowguns shoot darts. Darts are made from a stick, a feather and a metal dart head. A dart head is made with an ingot and a dart head plan. An ingot gives 10 - 15 dart heads.
  • Darts can be poisoned. Darts are poisoned in two different ways.
  • Arrows can also be poisoned.
  • The first way is to simply combine it with a spider eye in a crafting table. This takes 1 of 5 durability away from the spider eye. (The reason for low durability is because you are stabbing the eye to get poison on the dart/arrow. That is very inefficient)This poison however, is weak.
  • To get a stronger poison, you must get concentrated poison
  • Concentrated poison is made by first heating up a spider eye with a flask to catch the now condensed poison. Now, to concentrate it, we again heat it up. This gives you concentrated poison with 8/8 damage.
  • Concentrated poison is very strong. However, to make it last longer, we can dilute it.
  • Diluting a concentrated poison is done by combining a water flask with a poison flask. There are 4 levels of dilution
  • Those are, in order of increasing concentration 25% concentrated poison (32 durability), 50% concentrated poison (24 durability), 75% concentrated poison (16 durability), and finally 100% concentrated poison (fully concentrated) (8 durability)

We should definitely have paralysing poison for hunting. I'm not sure where will it come from though, spiders and shrooms aren't holding poison type needed for it.

several plants hold the power of paralysis (do NOT ask me which ones ;D)

also, another idea was poison coating arrows and perhaps even melee weapons, with several status effects. it'd need to be hard to do this however, since otherwise you get a skyrim, where every noob can fire an arrow that does shit for damage but bleeds the enemy with its 9000x poison effect + paralysis.

Paralyse means paralyse, inability to run away. Maybe it won't kick in on instant. Nothing more complicated.

what way the poison topic takes depends a lot on what way the alchemy takes

i do hope there's gonna be a lot of various ingredients added to allow for something that works like the randomized meal recipes do.

as for the rat being "useless" unless you can extract poison from it, i don't really think we should see rats as just another resource. rats are a nuisance, annoying and down right nasty. a pest! they SHOULD be useless to you and you will want to keep them away from you at all costs.

And rats will naturally get used to rat poison absolutely but really, are we to get down to freaking evolution with this mod? we gotta stop sometime and think. yeah lets not go that way. in that case we might as well not bother with deceases and sickness at all. what other living beings evolve to resist poison better than bacteria and viruses?

But yeah. rats could be used for brewing ingredients.

Round about the cauldron go, in the poisoned entrails throw

Skin of toaf and spike of bone, sharpened on an eagles stone

Serpent's egg and dancing dead, effigy of beaten lead

Double bubble trouble you bubble in a witches' brew

as for the rat being "useless" unless you can extract poison from it, i don't really think we should see rats as just another resource. rats are a nuisance, annoying and down right nasty. a pest! they SHOULD be useless to you and you will want to keep them away from you at all costs.

Then why add them? TFC must make the player happy, not forced to suicide. If you want to add a nuisance, then you should add a reward if you kill the nuisance. And killing the nuisance itself is not a reward.

What about the maniacal satisfaction I get from squishing nuisances?

What about the maniacal satisfaction I get from squishing nuisances?

I said that this is not a reward itself, but if you like this, you can ask the devs to make a special TFC for you with no rewards. I'm not attacking, but I'm trying to make you understand.

Then why add them? TFC must make the player happy, not forced to suicide. If you want to add a nuisance, then you should add a reward if you kill the nuisance. And killing the nuisance itself is not a reward.

are we playing the same mod? i thought we all have agreed that TFC is for people who thinks vanilla is boring. people who wants challenges and stuff.

are you driven to suicide because of rats? dude, i fought a rat the size of a small cat with a spade once (no fucking joke)

Rats are to be added says Dunk and he also seem to be planning on making them eat your food up. if that ain't a nuisance then i don't know what is.

Reward to kill them? you get to keep your flipping food!

Ways to kill them? we're in the flipping poison topic dude! what else can kill rats? (traps yeah but that's for another topic)

are we playing the same mod? i thought we all have agreed that TFC is for people who thinks vanilla is boring. people who wants challenges and stuff.

are you driven to suicide because of rats? dude, i fought a rat the size of a small cat with a spade once (no fucking joke)

Rats are to be added says Dunk and he also seem to be planning on making them eat your food up. if that ain't a nuisance then i don't know what is.

Reward to kill them? you get to keep your flipping food!

Ways to kill them? we're in the flipping poison topic dude! what else can kill rats? (traps yeah but that's for another topic)

If Dunk says this, then I can only agree.

The funny thing is - there's no actual poison in the rat. Rats are vessels for several nasty diseases, some of which are incurable, but good luck getting those out of the rat just like that. Besides, of course, I can see the reason in shooting darts with bubonic plague, but isn't it... slow?

If Dunk says this, then I can only agree.

Don't agree because someone else tells you to! speak your mind and let your opinion be heard.

The funny thing is - there's no actual poison in the rat. Rats are vessels for several nasty diseases, some of which are incurable, but good luck getting those out of the rat just like that. Besides, of course, I can see the reason in shooting darts with bubonic plague, but isn't it... slow?

exactly!

yeah double post. bite me!

I'm too used with a forum function called automerge which will automatically merge two posts of the same author into one, granted that there's no ninja in between.

Edited by GreenLeaf

exactly!

Read the bottom line of JAG's sig please.

Read the bottom line of JAG's sig please.

read my edit of that same post please.

read my edit of that same post please.

Ok...*bite*

[bite]GreenLeaf[/bite]

Don't agree because someone else tells you to! speak your mind and let your opinion be heard.

Yeah, I know, but he is Dunk, guy. He is the person that talks more with Bioxx.

Yeah, I know, but he is Dunk, guy. He is the person that talks more with Bioxx.

look at mah wolf, my wolf is amazing, give it a lick, it will taste like awesome death *ensue death metal rage*