Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
LordOfWolves

Poisons topic

56 posts in this topic

look at mah wolf, my wolf is amazing, give it a lick, it will taste like awesome death *ensue death metal rage*

Ok, you tried. But I obviously think before agreeing. And I can't do what you said because you're not Dunk.

Ok, you tried. But I obviously think before agreeing. And I can't do what you said because you're not Dunk.

wait what did i imply with my randomly input piece of bullshit sentence?

look at mah wolf, my wolf is amazing, give it a lick, it will taste like awesome death *ensue death metal rage*

Posted Image

Don't..just don't....

wait what did i imply with my randomly input piece of bullshit sentence?

Why you say these things?

Posted Image

Don't..just don't....

Remember your fail and calm down.

Why you say these things?

Remember your fail and calm down.

What fail? The pear?

hmmmmmmmmmm looks like we DERAILED IT :sudden clarity clarence:

but anyway, poison as a feature in itself doesnt really feel neccesary, maybe only for PvP purposes but that'd be it

The zinc ingot.

Don't......Ok.....Ya that WAS a fail..

but anyway, poison as a feature in itself doesnt really feel neccesary, maybe only for PvP purposes but that'd be it

Care to explain more?

Or when animals will be implemented, because you surely want to attack a herd of buffaloes, true?

Care to explain more?

well, tell me every possible appliance of poison besides a DoT effect on mobs and players. its just an adaption of a weaponry system, which wouldnt add too much unless they'd implement stuff like alchemy, in which it would be a nice addition

Ermahgawd. You guys seriously derail too much. :P

Have you taken into account how spiders will only be available in Dungeons in the future? Hmmm?

Have you taken into account how spiders will only be available in Dungeons in the future? Hmmm?

btw i wondered about that, could someone link me to a post stating that? cuz i think minecraft with not a single danger topside besides hunger and thirst would be a bit.... DULL

we where tinkering on the possibility of other means of getting poison.

it'd be cool to have a whole array of ingredients which won't do much on their own but once combined, in a similar way that meals are made, you'd get something deadly/slowing/shrinking/antigravitating/extradimensional etc etc

PERFECT! Then poisons will be rarer and more precious and finally someone, when he gets them, can say "My treasssure!"

Now on topic I would suggest a new potion: the scary potion. Well, not properly scary, but it makes you or your enemies have allucinations. IE if you drink this potion, mob entities spawn everywhere, but they don't do damage, they only scare you. If the enemies drink this potion, they stay away from you and they have a small chance of attacking other bad mobs. Should I add this to the OP?

PERFECT! Then poisons will be rarer and more precious and finally someone, when he gets them, can say "My treasssure!"

Now on topic I would suggest a new potion: the scary potion. Well, not properly scary, but it makes you or your enemies have allucinations. IE if you drink this potion, mob entities spawn everywhere, but they don't do damage, they only scare you. If the enemies drink this potion, they stay away from you and they have a small chance of attacking other bad mobs. Should I add this to the OP?

I wonder if it's possible to apply the "keep away" effect that cats have on creepers on a potion.

if so, such a potion could very well be possible!

I wonder if it's possible to apply the "keep away" effect that cats have on creepers on a potion.

if so, such a potion could very well be possible!

Do I add it to the OP?

Do I add it to the OP?

It's your topic dude!

It's your topic dude!

This means nothing because the forums are not mine, they're of everyone who visits them and to respect other people I must ask before changing something.

I have no problem with changing OP and adding to it as long as there's message about it in the thread.

Fixing something that slipped unnoticed can go without it.

I have no problem with changing OP as long as there's message about it in the thread.

Do you mean messages like " Hey guys I'm going to edit the OP"?

Do you mean messages like " Hey guys I'm going to edit the OP"?

Pretty much, yes. I'm not going to halt ongoing discussion because of that, but it's nice to have at least some awareness what's happening and what are those people suddenly talking about.

i like the poisonous plants could make it challenging going through a jungle not knowing if there is something poisonous or not nearby.

i like the poisonous plants could make it challenging going through a jungle not knowing if there is something poisonous or not nearby.

Good suggestion, then touching poisonous plants should poison you. I add this to the OP.

Good suggestion, then touching poisonous plants should poison you. I add this to the OP.

But not with 100% chance, except when you're going through the thicket. And wearing any armour should reduce the chance, with full suit providing full protection, unless you're trying to harvest the plant. I.e. you will need to wear leather gloves to harvest the plant, or special tool at least.

'touching poisonous plants should poison you'

no. NO NO NO. just, no. Not everything is like poison ivy. Many plant based poisons are due to ingestion, and have nothing to do with contact(excluding fluid-fluid contact) even then generally poisons take some time to start effecting the victim

GENERALLY, does not mean always. there are MANY exceptions.