Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Mastery

39 posts in this topic

Bioxx: "This is the nature of TerraFirmaCraft. Not everyone will be good at everything. This is by design. I don't WANT everyone to be masters at everything."

So I was wondering what masteries are there?

To make it simple just post what ever you fell mastery at, whether it's using propick, smithing or trolling creepers.

You don't have to reveal the secrets, but you can mention their existence.

I am the NORMAL Lord of wolves and master of a good nothing. No, I can master the fighting, the tree chopping and the shelters building.

To get it started..

Almost all my tools are perfect,

getting raw stone with ease,

and I have a mining secret.

But I don't find this things as something you can master, once you know what you know how..

To take it farther, I have no idea of a single thing you can actually master.. any ideas?

and I have a mining secret.

Me too...I can get cobble<name of the stone> blocks

*gasp* Really? Teach me how, teach me how!

*gasp* Really? Teach me how, teach me how!

It's totally a secret, totally. I can't teach this to my brothers, then...Only 1 person here knows how, only 1 person and me of course.

It's totally a secret, totally. I can't teach this to my brothers, then...Only 1 person here knows how, only 1 person and me of course.

Who's the person? Huh? HUH?

Who's the person? Huh? HUH?

Part of the totally secret secret.

You completely derailed this topic too.. <_<

I'm a master in the propick, personally :3 and in alternative prospecting techniques (only a real master knows how to use TNT for prospecting... ;) )

Seriously, Wolf, maybe you should report it if you think it's a bug... i don't want a buggy TFC 'cause of someone keeping "secrets" to exploit or something like that :

I'm good at copying other people.

No really! whenever i'm gonna build something i always look to art and pictures of real buildings and start thinking up ways to implement them into minecraft.

allright it might not be TFC related. more of a minecraft general.

Here's my current project though that i'm building in TFC (creative)

Posted Image

at the moment i'm building every tower separately, following blueprints that i make in paint by looking at the towers in the pictures.

once i've seen how every tower can look like in minecraft i'm probably gonna rebuild them all but as the should be positioned.

You completely derailed this topic too.. <_<

Calm down guy, this topic isn't completely derailed. It's still re-railable.

Seriously, Wolf, maybe you should report it if you think it's a bug... i don't want a buggy TFC 'cause of someone keeping "secrets" to exploit or something like that :

You won't get a buggy TFC because it's VERY VERY hard to simulate.

Now to make vladp995 happy back on topic.

You won't get a buggy TFC because it's VERY VERY hard to simulate.

Not that hard. Also there's a way to get loose stone.

And I don't see myself as master in any aspect, really. I can do some stuff very good, almost perfect, but I usually don't have patience for this. Except the time when I trapped a zombie and started a fishslapping contest.

Not that hard. Also there's a way to get loose stone.

Not loose stone, but the cobble block.

Not loose stone, but the cobble block.

Cobble block AND loose stone. Yes, like this.

That is easy.

I once got Bituminous Coal. As a drop, not just coal, in survival.

I am not a master of much, yet, but if I had a matery it would be Prospecting. I know each and every rock type, what can be found in it, wether it can be found in clusters, the approximate height it may be found, the most efficient way to use the pro pick for it, and more I don't feel like revealing. I hope to become a maker of perfect tools soon.

Honestly I'm mostly just good at surviving. I can pretty much take anything TFC can throw at me.

If I were to develop a mastery, I would love to open a restaurant on a server. I'd grow all my own food, grind my own flour, bake my own bread, and maybe sell recipe books as well.

then anybody with brains, would wait till you log off, take all your stuff, and rigg the place to blow upon entry/exit/spawn if you know the loc :P

in games, where anything is a pain to get, that is just flypaper for trolls, and opertunist =)

to stay on the topic: the only thing to master is propicking, since all other methods of prospecting just require basic brainz

and the whole recipe for food thing is just trialnerror, much like lockpicking in bethesda games, you can only level up, there is nothing to learn, atleast if you have a rumble controller ^^

if you consider smart movement as kindof modpart, then yes, it takes long to get all the diffrent keystrokes to perfection :P

then anybody with brains, would wait till you log off, take all your stuff, and rigg the place to blow upon entry/exit/spawn if you know the loc :P

in games, where anything is a pain to get, that is just flypaper for trolls, and opertunist =)

to stay on the topic: the only thing to master is propicking, since all other methods of prospecting just require basic brainz

and the whole recipe for food thing is just trialnerror, much like lockpicking in bethesda games, you can only level up, there is nothing to learn, atleast if you have a rumble controller ^^

if you consider smart movement as kindof modpart, then yes, it takes long to get all the diffrent keystrokes to perfection :P

That's my point, once you get familiar with propick, smiting, cooking or whatever, you simply do it to perfection if you want.

So I think that Bioxx plan of making some stuff hard to master and even impossible to master for some people, is never going to work.

Unless this people are brain damaged or have other issues, they will master what ever they want.

I also somehow got the stuff that drops when you knap in my inventory when a creeper blew up.

What?

I also somehow got the stuff that drops when you knap in my inventory when a creeper blew up.

What?

This is the most pure form of TFC luck! You will find lots of TFC luck guy! ;)

i can add to this ^.^ i consider my self a master at building under water with out drowning, and even with out the benefits of smart moving or some enchanted helmet. that and building underground. i know many might not think it's terribly difficult. but i see it as an artist sees a block of marble. it's just a set of something beautiful underneath. though my outward designs are rudimentary the inside is rather thorough. each space is meant for some kind of abstract, or out right nice look. to make it looked truly live-able.

to make the inside of this underground or underwater castle as believable, and as aesthetically pleasing as possible while adding secrets around where ever i can. be it a special way to enter it, to a finite water tower feeding water to each necessary location that one would imagine water to be in. etc, etc i suppose.

other than that, really i find my self being a hell of a pro at smart moving. i seem to get more and more of a grasp as to what i can do and how fast i can perform it with every hour i play. kinda like mirror's edge for those fans that might get what i mean. i feel i am a damn good master at it by now, if not soon on the way to be one with a rather tight mastery of it.

-snip-

So you are the creepy avatar guy now? : I may return to use some creepypasta avatar soon... no, seriously, welcome :P

On the building underwater thing.. i always loved to do that in vanilla :3 i started with an underwater base from day one, and soon it became a mantion with multiple underwater bases connected by an underwater rails system. Not a master, but i liked to do that... i haven't tried to do it in TFC, though.

And SM... Could you ever teach me, please? i know the basics, but i find it difficult, and i want to use it to it's maximun potential.

Oh, yeah, and one last thing... The thread was about masteries in TFC :P even though some guys posted about personal masteries...