Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
UED_plzgoez

Anvils to hard to make

24 posts in this topic

I recently joined a multiplayer tfc server and i can not find a stone capable of making an anvil. The entire continent is made of mud stone I think that anvils should either be able to be made out of any stone or with the use of knapping create a simple pickax to be able to mine.

Heh. I just started a world where I'm on what seems to be a continent of various sedimentary rock types. Had to travel far before I could finally some rhyolite I could use for a stone anvil.

There's a ton of sphalerite around my spawn, though, which made for an interesting choice: leave the sphalerite behind and locate my base near the rhyolite, or set up base near the sphalerite and commute to the anvil. I decided on the latter since I've also found enough copper that I don't expect to have to use the stone anvil for very long.

I like that the game throws up choices like that.

The stone pickaxe won't come back, thats for sure. But i understand the problem with no igneous stone, but if you're on a server, there will be ppl that have igneous stone and you may be able to trade with them for a piece of raw stone, to make yourself an anvil or maybe even use their anvil for a while.

Don't be a pussy. Game's fine.

Exactly. Alhough you can't really mine in minecraft for a little while, you're still able to craft.

DUNK, THE FORUMS' (MAIN AND) FRIENDLY MODERATOR!!

Too. Not to, not two, not 2, TOO!!! See the "oo"???

/grammar Nazi.

Must...resist...the urge to make a Dunk meme!

You can take some solace in the fact that you will be able to extract a raw stone (destroy all the blocks around it) and bring it back to base once you find the right kind of stone. You can break stone by hand, it just takes a long time. This is part of the fun of TFC, going out and looking for stuff and having to work for it, instead of having everything easily available.

The wiki says the stone has to be in it's natural layer but I've found that's not the case. Not sure if it's a bug, but I like it this way because it makes sense if you carry the stone back it would still work as an anvil.

EDIT: Scratch that last part, the wiki no longer says that.

DUNK, THE FORUMS' (MAIN AND) FRIENDLY MODERATOR!!Are you saying that he's not friendly? Probably you don't know him enough. He isn't angry now, he is exasperated.

Please the closest guy to me was over 3 thousand blocks away and its not that i didnt try to look for it but the entire continent i was on is made out of mud stone

well you settled in the wrong place then... Choosing a place to settle is much more important in TFC than in vanilla. you just don't have everything around you in TFC. Make sure you got an igneous layer where you settle. Or make sure to mine (by hand...may take a GOOD while) one piece of igneous rock on your journey.

Most of the times it takes me more than an hour to find a good spot where i want to settle in TFC.

Please the closest guy to me was over 3 thousand blocks away and its not that i didnt try to look for it but the entire continent i was on is made out of mud stone

Only 3 thousand?

My copper-mining base camp on my multiplayer server I ran was a good 12,000 blocks away. What's your point?

If you play TFC, you will have to get used to long-distance journeys. It's not like you will easily spawn in a good spot... Sometimes you can be lucky (like i was, when i found that island with copper, tin and a rock suitable for anvils :3), but most of the times you won't. So, yeah, you will have to leave that continent; make yourself a boat and sail in the search of better lands. (note: as TFC oceans are actually oceans, not like vanilla seas, it can take a long while before you actually find land : even if it's just a one block island)

Are you saying that he's not friendly? Probably you don't know him enough. He isn't angry now, he is exasperated.

No no. I know. I am just saying he is a friendly moderator, but has to put up with a lot of stuff so can get like that sometimes. I get that he is just exasperated though.

Are you saying that he's not friendly? Probably you don't know him enough. He isn't angry now, he is exasperated.

-____-

I have the feeling a wolf is about to get bitten by a prehistoric fish... Wow, that's a wierd feeling :

-____-

You said this, it's not a my invention.

You said this, it's not a my invention.

you know what you did. -___-

you know what you did. -___-

Not completely. Can you explain what I did that you really dislike, so I can edit my post?

Not completely. Can you explain what I did that you really dislike, so I can edit my post?

don't worry about it

Are you saying that he's not friendly?

Have you looked at his avatar? I think I see bits of his most recent friends still staining his teeth.

Have you looked at his avatar? I think I see bits of his most recent friends still staining his teeth.

You see those snowflakes in my avatar? they are not snowflakes, but rests of the last guy who didn't liked Dunk.

Yeah.

You see the grey background in my avatar? That is the empty void which is my life outside of TFC.

Waitaminit! How did I end up here?

´That, my friend, is the power of the god of derailment ;P