Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duncan

modified jars and server setup

9 posts in this topic

I have tried about 8 times now to set up a correctly modded server jar, following the various guides, and failed every time. The guides are not all the same so it is not clear to me exactly what all the steps are. I got to wondering (i also had some issues modifying my client to the most recent version) why cant the first person who does this after a new release simply upload their .jar files so no one else has to? So anyone got a server file for me? I don't need bukkit or anything just a simple multiplayer server for lan play with a couple of friends.

perhaps the support section would be more of use?

That thread doesn't help at all. It is the same as all the other ones i found. There are a bunch of people all describing different ways of doing it, and any one I try fails. I got an error as soon as I put forge in following the menoch way. The OP had problems too, and menoch typoed a piece of crucial information.

I reiterate my question: Can someone give me a .jar file. I have worked through about 6 different 'heres how you do it' instructions and gotten nowhere. If you have a guide that will guaranteed work first try and can tell me which post is the correct one in the thread, I will consider it but otherwise the links are not helping. I don't see why sharing jars is not the normal way to do this.

You see, we actually can't help you if we don't know what error are you getting.

This post looks like it should work just fine. Make sure you got correct versions of forge and playerAPI.

About sharing minecraft.jar and minecraft_server.jar......i have one word for you --Copyright--

https://minecraft.net/terms

The One Major Rule

Ok the rule seems stupid, but at least now I have an answer to my question. The post with the server setup there is only a few hours old so you will have to forgive me not finding it when I started this thread. I will try it and see if it works

Edit: Thank you thank you thank you. That guide worked perfectly the first time. You have no idea how many hours I have wasted on guides that are either outdated or just plain wrong.

Now I can play with my lan buddies :-).

Slightly different but similer question.

I want to run Fihgu's Commands on my server. Fihgu's requires Minecraft Forge(6.4.0.396) per the install readme.

TFC was built with (Forge 6.4.0.395)

Will TFC run without server crashing issue on forge 396?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

I have tried about 8 times now to set up a correctly modded server jar, following the various guides, and failed every time. The guides are not all the same so it is not clear to me exactly what all the steps are. I got to wondering (i also had some issues modifying my client to the most recent version) why cant the first person who does this after a new release simply upload their .jar files so no one else has to? So anyone got a server file for me? I don't need bukkit or anything just a simple multiplayer server for lan play with a couple of friends.

You can avoid lots of headaches packing .jars if you switch to Magic launcher. Here is the link for it:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/939149-launcher-magic-launcher-100-mods-options-news/

Slightly different but similer question.

I want to run Fihgu's Commands on my server. Fihgu's requires Minecraft Forge(6.4.0.396) per the install readme.

TFC was built with (Forge 6.4.0.395)

Will TFC run without server crashing issue on forge 396?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

You'll be fine running versions close enough together. Rarely Forge might change some of their API though, and that may cause problems. I'm using Forge 435 with TFC.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0