Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
jayliu1984

Is there a purpose for this mod?

99 posts in this topic

either your grades suck, or ditto likes. Im not sure what.

TFC is minecraft. Minecraft is TFC. they both have the same basic world, the same basic blocks. Same everything, except two:

1: TFC has a larger pallet, thus attracts creative player who want to go as far as kapok and mahogany wood floors.

2: TFC offers a harsher and more rewarding survival aspect, taking away the ease that comes from months of VMC, and replacing it with something new and far more complex. this attracts the Survival crowd.

the only thing TFC currently does not cater too(on its own) is the Adventure mode crowd, or those who make advanced maps like those you see made in vanilla. There is no TFC equivalent redstone, there is no equivalent triggers, and that is its ONLY failing. oh yeah, and the annoying bugs that cant be helped from a permanently WIP mod.... lol

But all vanilla stuff works completely fine, so it actually comes down to the "creators" reason. It's just that TFC is not a popular mod and not many people will install it for the purpose of playing an adventure map. Unless map is amazing, which actually can be a good marketing idea, but even then.

It's just that TFC is not a popular mod

Don't worry for this because new people register in the forums everyday. In 2 months something like 200 or more new people are in the forums.

Don't worry for this because new people register in the forums everyday. In 2 months something like 200 or more new people are in the forums.

That's commonly known as slow growth rate, Wolf... Look at it this way: consider the size of a human cells, and imagine a guy who grows at a rate of 200 cells every month.

Because TFC provides an amazing amount of creative resources compared to vMC, while at the same time making procurement of said resources that much harder to achieve.

Thus, anything and everything you create has the added bonus of making you extra proud for doing it legitimately.

See, no matter who the gamer is, they are looking for challenges.

It is a challenge to build something with material mined legitimately, it is ALSO a challenge to ultilize in-game mechanics to archive a goal which can maybe done via different ways.

Like the Hitman game, you can have different ways to archive a goal. Imagine a goal in TFC, or MC that is the same.

You guys are taking the Ender Dragon too litterially. It merely represent a goal, but really 1 to 1 copy of the Ender dragon.

I am just suggesting that creator/modder can look into adding something like that for players to go after and put those mechanics to use.

See, no matter who the gamer is, they are looking for challenges.

I am just suggesting that creator/modder can look into adding something like that for players to go after and put those mechanics to use.

Apparently, there's a big mystery on the far south. So, you can see to that stuff while mining for red steel plate buttocks push-ups.

For example, a goal can be to build a railway from A to B. First you need to find the resource, then build bridges, or bore tunnels etc.

I am looking forward to play TFC once I "finish" MC, but without a goal of some sort. You will eventually get good with TFC and surviving won't be difficult neither. right?

You guys are taking the Ender Dragon too litterially. It merely represent a goal, but really 1 to 1 copy of the Ender dragon.

I know Ender Dragon was just representative of distant goals to strive for in general, and I wasn't attempting to belittle your overall point, which is completely fair. Most games do have tough, difficult goals to strive for. TFC does as well, but it seems to me that the developers are striving for emergent, believable, survival based goals and challenges.

I don't think there is much chance for a "You have won the game, Champion!" type of situation, but as the mod develops even more, new and exciting survival challenges will present.

Apparently, there's a big mystery on the far south. So, you can see to that stuff while mining for red steel plate buttocks push-ups.

I don't understand your english, or sarcasm.

Well, now to a comment on topic:

We actually already have quite a lot of those :

-Achieve an stable, big farm with every single plant you can... well, plant!

-Make yourself a portal to the nether! (Even though you won't be using it a lot, as entering the nether crashes the player...)

-Make a full red/blue/both steel set!

-Get ALL of the ores! (no, i'm not posting the meme...)

-Get 50 level bars so your health rises to the clouds!

-Make the best f+cking mansion you can make legitly!

-Make a rail system that allws you to travel from the south pole to the north pole!

And those are only the objectives i made for myself ;)

He's refering to the fact that certain prehistoric fish developer has hinted that he may add some giant reptilic winged creature to the poles for you to go and slay... (translation from sneaky-glish: Dunk said he may add dragons in the poles :3 TFC dragonsd, not that vanilla dragon... <_< )

For example, a goal can be to build a railway from A to B. First you need to find the resource, then build bridges, or bore tunnels etc.

There is nothing to stop you from doing this in TFC right now. It's a great goal. Granted you will not unlock the "Epic Railroad Tycoon" achievement, but do it on an SMP server and invite your friends to come and visit.

My sarcasm was referring to blue steel plate push-ups.

There is indeed a great mystery on the far south, and because of it all players are only spawning north. It may involve dragons, it may not involve dragons, with dragons being separate thing entirely.

My sarcasm was referring to blue steel plate push-ups.

There is indeed a great mystery on the far south, and because of it all players are only spawning north. It may involve dragons, it may not involve dragons, with dragons being separate thing entirely.

:| i thought he just was preparing it for when he actually adds something there, in the south pole...

Well, south pole, here i come!

EDIT: oh, yeah, to that list of objectives later, you can add "-Find and explore the poles!"

:| i thought he just was preparing it for when he actually adds something there, in the south pole...

Not only the pole. But it's not actually there for the time being, at least to my knowledge. But when I think about it, I've never been to far southern lands since final-ish terrain update.

I know Ender Dragon was just representative of distant goals to strive for in general, and I wasn't attempting to belittle your overall point, which is completely fair. Most games do have tough, difficult goals to strive for. TFC does as well, but it seems to me that the developers are striving for emergent, believable, survival based goals and challenges.

I don't think there is much chance for a "You have won the game, Champion!" type of situation, but as the mod develops even more, new and exciting survival challenges will present.

Exactly I am attracted to TFC because of its "goal", but it feels like there isn't a need to mine or forge metals. Why do I need them to survive?

In MC, I am trying to build a trap that collects arrows which is needed to defeat ender dragon. That's a drive for me to do things. The possibilties of making a chicken farm and make arrows, or make a trap and collect arrows or slay enough mobs to get arrow is the fun part.

Same thing for TFC, if there is no need for make metal armor, why should I? Of course you can set a goal yourself, but isn't it better if making all those things is somehow vitally related to your survival?

I once knew a girl who explored the poles. They were brass... and she danced like a fiery minx from the seven seas.. and her eyes they were blue like the sapphire hills of... the...

Really though... anyone can take something, and depending on the chemistry of their brain, their mood, their likes and or dislikes, make an entirely different animal out of a carrot.

Well what do you mean, Menoch?

Let me tell you boys and girls.

When I was but a wee lad, I loved coloring books. Like any kid, right? Not so much. You see it wasn't the picture I liked to color. It was the background I imagined the picture in. I colored outside the lines, so to speak, and would put the coloring book images in their own landscapes, cityscape, etc... only on rare occasions would I actually color the entire picture. Weird kid, huh? And that was BEFORE i ate the lead paint chips! *_O Eeeeeeee!

You will get out of TFC as much as you put into it. It is like a reflective pool. If you see something only boring and not much of a challenge, then perhaps accounting would be more your speed.

Just saying....

I make up my own goals. That's one of the things that I like about Minecraft.

Right now my goal is just to get to blue or red steel. I was just 4 nickel ingots short in my first world but then I upgraded to b66 and decided to start over again.

Another goal I have in mind is to build a railway from the equator to the Arctic circle.

I haven't played around with the crops much yet, so at some point I'd like to get a farm growing every available type of crop, assuming that it's even possible to get them all to grow in the same biome. Maybe my farm will have to straddle multiple biomes. ;-)

Hi, I am very interested in this mod and right now I am just playing stock Minecraft. Terrafirmacraft is the mod I been wishing MC to become ever since I played it a year ago.

However, there is one thing that really irritate me about TFC, there is no purpose.

Shouldn't there be an end game like the ender dragon in MC? Or an ultimate goal for all the trouble we go through to do more than just surviving?

I can imagine a sinario like in Cast Away, I need to survive and find enough material to build something so I can go home.

Or like in MC, survive and find material to launch a journey to defeat ultimate evil?

I havn't played TFC yet, but it seems surviving is not that hard after a while.

You might as well ask the meaning of life ;)

Another goal I have in mind is to build a railway from the equator to the Arctic circle.

Me too. Already constructing the rail (first kilometer).

Only one disappointment, dunk said that rail are gonna be removed, so this all might be for nothing :(

That's commonly known as slow growth rate, Wolf... Look at it this way: consider the size of a human cells, and imagine a guy who grows at a rate of 200 cells every month.

Yes, but people have billions (millions, trillions? I dunno) of cells, where we certainly do not have that many members.

Yes, but people have billions (millions, trillions? I dunno) of cells, where we certainly do not have that many members.

It's just an example, halfmaster1... and he liked the post, so my guess is that he got it. If you think you can give a better example, please, do so :

Me too. Already constructing the rail (first kilometer).

Only one disappointment, dunk said that rail are gonna be removed, so this all might be for nothing :(

In that case I'll build a paved road, suitable for mule-train. :P

Yeah, but at some point the paved roads are likely going to be an actual thing, so you might just wanna build a huge lowered track in the land.

Wall of text ahead be forewarned it is a long one anyone who has heard my dream speech should probably just skip this, if not, read it.

Hahaha I absolutly just love it when people compare vanilla to a normal game because of the enderdragon it is the funniest thing ever. Why? Because isn't why this game was created or what it could be.

So what it minecraft what is the goal? Dream, that is the goal. You know the wonderful thing about dreams? Until the day you die, will never meet an end. You will never say well looks like i'm done dreaming. Our TFC dream here, its all about survival, and guess what until the day you die your fight for survival will never end especially not in conditions such as Steve's.

Don't you hate endings? I sure do,

(I'll do my best not be religous here so i will use the word paradise in replacement of the word Heaven as to not offend anyone)

that is what i picture true paradise to be; eternal, everlasting, forever. Without any horrible endings to mess things up. No end to rest, no end to aspiring, no end to loving and no death. So you see ends suck.

Will there likely be bosses or something similar for extra content? Of course there will, that is what the ender dragon was meant for just a milestone and nothing more. That is truly what our bosses will be, just a milestone on a journey to infinity.

As for progressive difficulty you have once more confused us with other games. This is not a linear system, this a system of infinite impossibilities. Although we are yet to reach infinity, trust me we are working for it everyday. This game is wonderfully designed so that only you can increase the difficulty, by doing something new or brave.

If you don't like infinite possibilities i would like to suggest you go back to tetris and mario since you obviously think they are comparable to the idea of true dream. Like you said they already have what you want why would need infinite possibilities.

Dunk said he's gonna intercourse the rails, not remove them. I think, rails are staying, but they will be much more expensive. Though you still should be able to use them in mineshafts.

Dunkl said he's gonna intercourse the rails, not remove them. I think, rails are staying, but they will be much more expensive. Though you still should be able to use them in mineshafts.

But doesn't the part with using mine-carts, booster, double mine-cartswith infinite momentum and other things about mine-carts are completely non in the theme of TFC and should be removed?

I won't travel by horse or a cart if I have mine-carts with booster..