Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

17 posts in this topic

Huzzah! After MUCH exploring I finally found some flux. My house is at approx. -10,000. My first adventure was to travel north. I walked for about 3 days (I don't remember the z-coordinate, might have been around -13,000?) and I found no flux... I did happen to find some loose cooper which could indicate my first copper vein. So after 3 strenuous days, I decided to head back. After stocking back up on food, I traveled south (maybe to -8000?). Loose rock got me nothing... Then I come up to a mountain with rock exposed and I notice some black stone I hadn't seen before. Mined it, it was Dolomite. Thank goodness! I racked up a stack of 64 so I'd be set!

After that I made my first 2x ingot! After working some sheets I came out with a new helmet and chest plate! That was the greatest moment I've had in TFC yet!

So how do you guys deal with 2x ingots since they don't have any storage solutions? Do you work them only when you need them? What have you guys done with them?

Huzzah! After MUCH exploring I finally found some flux. My house is at approx. -10,000. My first adventure was to travel north. I walked for about 3 days (I don't remember the z-coordinate, might have been around -13,000?) and I found no flux... I did happen to find some loose cooper which could indicate my first copper vein. So after 3 strenuous days, I decided to head back. After stocking back up on food, I traveled south (maybe to -8000?). Loose rock got me nothing... Then I come up to a mountain with rock exposed and I notice some black stone I hadn't seen before. Mined it, it was Dolomite. Thank goodness! I racked up a stack of 64 so I'd be set!

After that I made my first 2x ingot! After working some sheets I came out with a new helmet and chest plate! That was the greatest moment I've had in TFC yet!

So how do you guys deal with 2x ingots since they don't have any storage solutions? Do you work them only when you need them? What have you guys done with them?

I store the metals in ingots form, because it's the best. You don't need to work them, and you can stack them up to 8! I make 2x ingots only when I really need them and if I make a mistake and I make 1 more 2x ingot, I melt it back in 2 ingots because then I can store it.

I remember the first time I made a full set of armor. Took me probably 2 hours, but afterwards I felt proud almost like I actually built it myself. I'll say it again, TFC really got the metalworking right.

As for 2x ingots, the only reason to make one is when you need it for an anvil, armor or weapon.

I was too excited when I found flux that I created a bunch (luckily I used them all but one to make my armor). I then realized they didn't fit in chests... I didn't know how people handled them but I guess 'make them as you need them' is the mantra.

You can store 2x ingots (stacked or not) in forge auxiliary slots. Personally i store metals on ore form until they are needed. Much easier to set up a lot of chest than to waste materials heating things up again. Temperature-protected slots are also quite useful.

Personally i store metals on ore form until they are needed.

Well, I say that you should smelt them into ingots because ingots are the basic metal element.

I also prefer to store raw materials (ore) over processed materials (ingots).

I also prefer to store raw materials (ore) over processed materials (ingots).

You can store 2x ingots (stacked or not) in forge auxiliary slots. Personally i store metals on ore form until they are needed. Much easier to set up a lot of chest than to waste materials heating things up again. Temperature-protected slots are also quite useful.

It does seem to make sense to store the ores, then smelt them when needed. If you're going to weld them or work them, it's a lot more efficient to keep that heat and work it rather than letting it cool and having to re-heat back up when it's time to do work. Very smart! I didn't think of that...

Since a lot of people takes advantage of exploits that Bioxx hasn't fixed yet, you can store them in the forge, and some other places I think

I tend to store the raw ore as well, even though it takes more chest space than ingots. Plus you waste molds if you end up using those ingots to make alloys later.

Although when we are eventually able to make ingot piles, I'm definitely going to have an ingot room instead. Waste of materials be damned. Coal and clay come in large enough quantities where it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Since a lot of people takes advantage of exploits that Bioxx hasn't fixed yet, you can store them in the forge, and some other places I think

There is temperature protection on all anvils in welding slots and in forge auxiliary slots. Very useful. If that is going to be 'fixed' I urge more important cosmetic fixes before that. Like Metallurgy table GUI.

There is temperature protection on all anvils in welding slots and in forge auxiliary slots. Very useful. If that is going to be 'fixed' I urge more important cosmetic fixes before that. Like Metallurgy table GUI.

I think it used to lose heat in the anvil in previous builds. I remember in 48g I think where I would have to stop in the middle of hammering to go and reheat. I wonder if the protection was added or it's just an accident that we have it now.

You can store em in item frames.

Mates and I have a basement filled to the brim with item frames. The temperature of the ingots dont update when they're sitting in them much like anvils. It's cheap, in more ways than one , but effective.

I have a sly little trick up my sleeve, try shift+clicking the ingots :D work like a charm for storage and showing off.

post-11612-0-68590700-1404995207_thumb.p

I have a sly little trick up my sleeve, try shift+clicking the ingots :D work like a charm for storage and showing off.

hehe, yeah I added that after this thread originally died :P

I have feeling my ingot piles wont fit in there :wub:

Posted Image