Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatPoulet

Some questions I need answering :)

13 posts in this topic

-Can all metals be welded together? If yes how so? Because I can't seem to be able to with Zinc....

-Is it a bug that the Zinc axe chopping time is identical to the stone one?

Is this mod being worked on by many people or is it open source? Is this forum the best place for News and stuff?

I am sorry to ask so much and thanks in advance!

-Can all metals be welded together? If yes how so? Because I can't seem to be able to with Zinc....

Yes. The green shows you the temperature range the metal has to be in so it can be welded: http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Metals

I've found the tier 0 metals to be a huge pain to weld together. I don't even bother trying to weld them anymore.

Probably not.

Is this mod being worked on by many people or is it open source? Is this forum the best place for News and stuff?

I am sorry to ask so much and thanks in advance!

I'm fairly sure there are at least 2 developers. I'm also fairly sure it isn't open source. As for news and stuff, yeah the forums are pretty good, but your first port of call should be the main page: http://terrafirmacraft.com/

OoooooOOOOOOoooh my god, its only weldable at a certain state! Im so dumb thanks a lot xD

Jeez that wiki sure is ressourceful! hahah

OoooooOOOOOOoooh my god, its only weldable at a certain state! Im so dumb thanks a lot xD

Jeez that wiki sure is ressourceful! hahah

It certainly is. I've been playing TFC for a couple of months and still refer to the wiki often.

My Zinc ingots are very hot** and I still can't weld them together? I got the basic stone anvil (its the minimum so its ok) I got my Zinc hammer in place... I place both Zinc ingot very hot** and no rules appear on the right. Do they need to be in ingot form or in a ceramic mould?

Edit: I tried unshaped Zinc very hot** and nothing

Did you read my previous post :S

Yup, apparently I didn't understand the intent, so your problem is solved then?

he said it didnt work with his zinc ingots at very hot 2 stars, so he asked if he needed a ceramic mould, problem is not solved (and i dunno the answer, metallurgy is NOT my thing :D)

The wiki is inaccurate with the welding points of tier 0 metals. Despite showing the temp range to be very hot **, its actually a smaller range within that temp. They can be welded, but getting the temp 'just right' is next to impossible for tier 0 metals. It must be an ingot. Unshaped metal cannot be welded.

Are you placing both ingots in the weld spot, and do you have flux in the right-hand corner in the anvil gui?

Use a Zinc saw, saw are faster than axes for everything

Ohoh! ItchyFlea you hit the spot! There should be a "Welding" page in the wiki but there is none... because I would've never known that flux was needed for welding!

Thanks a lot man haha

And EstebanLB, no the Zin axe/saw are as fast as the stone axe... or maybe a tiny tiny tiny bit faster, I can't even say :/ Is it because Tier 0 metals are ... well... "shit"? lol

Well well, looks like Very Hot*** was the right temperature, and "weld" was still showing in red but still worked when I pressed it! Thanks a lot for the flux thing :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0