Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Pakislav

Did you know...

20 posts in this topic

Did you know that you can create a permanent charcoal pit from stone bricks or other blocks un-affected by gravity, and don't need to cover it up with dirt all the time except for the entrance?

Because I have never seen or heard of anyone doing it.

Did you know that you can create a permanent charcoal pit from stone bricks or other blocks un-affected by gravity, and don't need to cover it up with dirt all the time except for the entrance?

: Apparently you don't know Nietzro (he did that same thing in his youtube series).

I had one of these for a while, but have found it easier to go into the middle of a dense forest and just build an impromptu pit while I clear the surrounding forest. Saves me many trips between my base as charcoal stacks much better.

I suppose I could be "environmentally friendly" and have a tree farm, but that's more work then I like to spend on charcoal.

Or people find it obvious and not worse mentioning ;)

But yes it a good thing to do.

Also it's good to keep covering the top with dirt. That way you know when it's ready.

I had one of these for a while, but have found it easier to go into the middle of a dense forest and just build an impromptu pit while I clear the surrounding forest. Saves me many trips between my base as charcoal stacks much better.

I suppose I could be "environmentally friendly" and have a tree farm, but that's more work then I like to spend on charcoal.

Cutting regular forest trees is a waste of time usually, unless it's a willow, sequoia or fir forest which are rare, so you better just grow your own.

Or people find it obvious and not worse mentioning ;)

Worth*

Did you know you can build charcoal pit out of glass? Or slabs? Did you know that you can even -deleted-

Did you know you can build charcoal pit out of glass? Or slabs? Did you know that you can even -deleted-

Glass sounds interesting.

hahaha, really?

Glass you say? I must try this.

I wonder if oyu can cover it with... flowers. Or snow. How about Ice? :P

I don't think you have to worry about that too much - at least not on B66. With the rate trees come popping back up, every forest is a tree farm.

Now this is something I must try.

So slabs count as pit cover too? Even if I cut it up to 0.1x0.1x0.1 of a block??

So slabs count as pit cover too? Even if I cut it up to 0.1x0.1x0.1 of a block??

It works for forges and bloomeries.

Theorically yes, because it isn't a full blick, but it occupies the space of a full block, then fire can't start. Yes, it should work.

I give you a little hint.

This:

Theorically yes, because it isn't a full blick, but it occupies the space of a full block, then fire can't start. Yes, it should work.

has something to do with "-deleted-" sign in my post.

: Apparently you don't know Nietzro (he did that same thing in his youtube series).

yes, everyone should watch Nieztro's videos. He even has a series that I was in :)

yes, everyone should watch Nieztro's videos. He even has a series that I was in :)

Yeah... talking about that, any idea when he will be back? :

Grammar Nazi LEVEL UP!!!!

Did Just_Another_Guy :) just correct English. Last time I was on he was just learning. :o

Anyway I don't know where you got the idea you need to use dirt, on the wiki it just says it needs to be covered. I think nice, deep, circular, brick charcoal pits with a window on top make great yard ornaments.

I knew about the permanenet structure of a charcoal pit but exactly how large can one make it? Is there a limit? I haven't really tried it myself - probably should.