Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Unicorn

"A new Age"

57 posts in this topic

I'd like to see some sort of age-by-age system implemented...like how you start off on the Stone Age then you would move up to different ages...and the farther you got the better the equipment...that kind of stuff....and towns/city-states/kingdoms/villages/nomads etc. etc. I would LOVE to see some form of Village system integrated into this...like you find a group if nomad villagers...you trade with them...or join them...and then maybe the settle down and start a village...and the village expands more and more...but then other NPCs would start villages on their own...something like that...and I know this would be difficult to implement if you did...but I thought I'd just throw this out there.

~Demetri<3

Villages used to be pretty awesome, I remember making super rich villages in early millenaire. I started to realize npc villages are pretty much lifeless, they can make things way too easy. All you have to do is make a bed and deposit all your resources in the village and you are at the top in no time. It makes half the stuff you do in this mod pointless like forging. Go play on a server; twice as productive and not lonely and still doesn't make it easier it's just teamwork.

Everything is about PVP nowadays in multiplayer...and even if I were to join one...everyone that's on there would already be much farther ahead of me...

That's why I wanted this system of villages...and it would be more or less a singleplayer only thing...and Millenaire is a shitty representation of how villages work...

Bioxx has said that he wants the game to be mainly designed along multiplayer lines, and has said many times NO npcs, I don't quite agree, but this is the line we've been hearing.

I'm not sure you problem with joining a server, you make friends, you progress, you share, you're not going to be the strongest person but you shouldn't need to, join any group around and just cooperate, most people I've met are more than willing to donate to newcomers just to help a server out.

Bioxx has said that he wants the game to be mainly designed along multiplayer lines, and has said many times NO npcs, I don't quite agree, but this is the line we've been hearing.

I'm not sure you problem with joining a server, you make friends, you progress, you share, you're not going to be the strongest person but you shouldn't need to, join any group around and just cooperate, most people I've met are more than willing to donate to newcomers just to help a server out.

Well that's a shame Bioxx feels that way...but it isn't my choice to decide what happens in the game....

And another main reason why I don't play multiplayer is because....I don't...have..........premium (I'm so sorry)

to be honest, I do want to see a standalone mod very much similar to Millenaire built to the same standard of TFC so that SSP players can simulate an MP environment where they can co-exist with other groups. commit themselves to communities, wage war, and ultimately work to survive alongside others, just like the MP environment does on its own. its a ways off seeing that level of cross mod development.

what I mean to say, is TFC has a high standard I want to see in other mods. Im tired of seeing 'Diamond+' mods where everything is about making something better then diamonds and like how TFC is about the trip to getting those 'diamonds'

no more of thease 'ore biome' mods. More of 'Work for your right to live'

Did you check out kingdoms brainstorming? I don't know what might happen with it, how do you have a kingdom without npcs so what you get later on may get close to what you want. I'm scarred to check that thread, I followed the topic and took a almost 4 month leave and had 700 some notifications mostly from that thread, so there's no way I'm going in there.

to be honest, I do want to see a standalone mod very much similar to Millenaire built to the same standard of TFC so that SSP players can simulate an MP environment where they can co-exist with other groups. commit themselves to communities, wage war, and ultimately work to survive alongside others, just like the MP environment does on its own. its a ways off seeing that level of cross mod development.

what I mean to say, is TFC has a high standard I want to see in other mods. Im tired of seeing 'Diamond+' mods where everything is about making something better then diamonds and like how TFC is about the trip to getting those 'diamonds'

no more of thease 'ore biome' mods. More of 'Work for your right to live'

^This was what I was going for more or less

(also, the fact that no one has said anything about that other thing yet.)

The npcs will still be lifeless entities and could never come close to real people, I don't know how you could get them to work for everybody's survival without a routine or a controller.

I should hope you realize I said STANDALONE mod. I do NOT want this in core TFC, as that would ruin the mods harsh unforgiving grit(also cauz its been stomped with a 36 metric ton of aluminum)

I read it all ECC...don't worry

alright, that is good. Dealing with people who only read what they want to read on the net is rather annoying. #starbound deals with too much of 'Release is estimated end of 2012 year to early 2013 year' being read as 'its coming out on dec 30th' ;P

YAY! My friend gave me his account :D

gratz... I guess?

YAY! My friend gave me his account :D

Haha you got a free mc account, right on. I got a free Mount & Blade key from my old clan leader. :lol:

Bioxx says no NPCs, and I sorta agree with him, (except when he shot down my dwarves idea ;_; )

I really like the mod don't get me wrong. But the stone age feels very plain and barren. There are only a few stone age tools and learning to chop trees take a VERY quick time to figure out. Tree felling takes a very long time to accomplish without fire if you go to the woods with only a pocket knife. Let alone nothing at all. I feel that the stone age is too barren. I really can imagine a full mod focused solely around the stone age. That's how big it could be. I just feel that Bioxx doesn't fully understand the full scope of the stone age.

Sources: Lots of reading from books and websites. In addition to having made stone tools in real life before.

Thats all fine and dandy but tell me, are we in Beta? Yes. What will Bioxx want to add first? He will probably want to add new mechanics and then flesh them out later. You just gotta have patience.

I really like the mod don't get me wrong. But the stone age feels very plain and barren. There are only a few stone age tools and learning to chop trees take a VERY quick time to figure out. Tree felling takes a very long time to accomplish without fire if you go to the woods with only a pocket knife. Let alone nothing at all. I feel that the stone age is too barren. I really can imagine a full mod focused solely around the stone age. That's how big it could be. I just feel that Bioxx doesn't fully understand the full scope of the stone age.

Sources: Lots of reading from books and websites. In addition to having made stone tools in real life before.

While reading this post I remembered that flints can make sparks. Idk if this is already suggested, but you can implement a new firestarter, more durable, that you make crafting together 2 flints. Already suggested? Just to add something to the stone age...

I don't quite get what you mean by the age-by-age progression.

Do you mean like an achivements : "You just knapped your first stone! Welcome to Stone Age!" "You just made your first bronze ingot! Welcome to Bronze Age!", or what?

We already kind of progress throught ages that way.

While reading this post I remembered that flints can make sparks. Idk if this is already suggested, but you can implement a new firestarter, more durable, that you make crafting together 2 flints. Already suggested? Just to add something to the stone age...

Yeah, and maybe fire could be made into an actual profession. There would be multiple types of fire starters. The rarer kinds would obviously be better. But it still would take a good long time unless you have tinder. Tinder is things like Birch tree bark, dead leaves, grass, etc.

Meanwhile, kindling can be the actual fuel obviously. This would make starting fires more of a real trade.

Maybe fires could even fell trees like an axe if it burns down the first trunk block. Like with the Native Americans.

Yeah, and maybe fire could be made into an actual profession. There would be multiple types of fire starters. The rarer kinds would obviously be better. But it still would take a good long time unless you have tinder. Tinder is things like Birch tree bark, dead leaves, grass, etc.

Tinder...yes, tinder! The dead bush that you can find in the desert may be a tinder, also the roots of some plants (If they will be implemented). There is already a tinder in TFC, the paper. And does the sulfur burn? If I'm right, yes. Then sulfur powder could be another tinder.

Tinder...yes, tinder! The dead bush that you can find in the desert may be a tinder, also the roots of some plants (If they will be implemented). There is already a tinder in TFC, the paper. And does the sulfur burn? If I'm right, yes. Then sulfur powder could be another tinder.

I'm guessing you've seen plant(something-in-latin)'s thread on coppicing, check out my post about roots.

I'm guessing you've seen plant(something-in-latin)'s thread on coppicing, check out my post about roots.

Yes, I saw it. I even posted there.

Sparks without a patch of dead grass will get you nowhere.